Forums

Help › Forums

game disconnects

Mon, Mar 29 2010 1:53 PM (35 replies)
  • onestonemanone
    45 Posts
    Wed, Mar 10 2010 9:19 AM
    please chime in, as of last update myself and others are having many games stop loading and disconnecting. is every1 seeing this happen? or have i lost my mind?
  • Crazyman2
    731 Posts
    Wed, Mar 10 2010 9:38 AM

Yep, up till last update I had not encountered a disconnection at all . Now i have had 12 in a week.

The game is lagging more than ever. And yes  I do know how to clear cache, clear flash cache, change browsers ( I use em all on my machines)  along with many other things that have yet to be mentioned to enhance the performance of a computer system

The meter has become totally unstable. In fact the last game I played I encountered more meter issues than you could possibly imagine. So I decided to replay the game with the same conditions etc. without changing a thing on my system. I did not clear any cache or change the browser I was using, and I replayed the game with a smooth meter throughout. !!!

I'm getting to a point when it seems to be a fruitless exercise to actually bother to try and enjoy it , when I know in reality, I now have to  accept  it will be a total misfunction and  total let down.  What a shame, because I believe WGT have the finest golf sim on the globe.  Lets hope they backed up the entire system before that update, so they can revert to it, and stop all the problems that are being encountered by so many as you quite rightly have indicated.

• onestonemanone
    45 Posts
    Wed, Mar 10 2010 10:02 AM

Crazyman2:

I'm getting to a point when it seems to be a fruitless exercise to actually bother to try and enjoy it , when I know in reality, I now have to  accept  it will be a total misfunction and  total let down.  What a shame, because I believe WGT have the finest golf sim on the globe.  Lets hope they backed up the entire system before that update, so they can revert to it, and stop all the problems that are being encountered by so many as you quite rightly have indicated.

well i'm glad on 1 hand its not just me. on the other i hope players that are in matches and paying WGT juice are not seeing this. as this takes from the pockets of honest people.

i

i've not been here very long to know how soon WGT will be able to fix this mess. if it carries on much longer, my WGT game play will be very short lived. i'm sure they dont want that, as i live in a state where gaming is not aloud, i have dumped a couple hundred dollars into this site so far.

• JulioMoot
    76 Posts
    Mon, Mar 15 2010 6:33 PM

im getting sick and tired of being disconnected during multiplayer games for some stupid wgt error. seems nothing wrong with the oppositions connections, WHY ME, and why when i'm leading ffs!

when can something be done to be able to reconnect to these games!

disgruntly JM

• aceydeucey
    504 Posts
    Tue, Mar 16 2010 5:30 AM
    This is only my 4th day playing this game and allready the problems are a nuisance. The disconects and meter inconsistancies are not only annoying... but costing me strokes on the course. I can't tell you how many times I've taken the meter back to hit a shot and then it just disappears. Not to mention the disconnects in Multi-Player games in the middle of a good round. I really hope they fix these problems.
  • TurkishTerror
    2,177 Posts
    Tue, Mar 16 2010 10:32 AM

I have been having the same problem.  4 of my buddies at work would play a multiplayer game every morning, now we get disconnected on the 2nd hole every day.  This started in early March 2010.  We have been doing this for over a yr now and this bullsh$# just started.  What is going on.  Someone please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Tue, Mar 16 2010 12:43 PM

Hi everybody,

If you're having problems with freezing, loading errors and disconnections that means you need to clear your flash and browser caches.  These errors only occur when the game cannot read or access the files on your system.  The game will attempt to read them, but if they are corrupted or outdated you'll be disconnected after a few re-tries.

Please have a look at this news article about clearing your caches and make sure you are performing regular maintenance on your system.  This game is intense and while it grows through the BETA stage many changes will be made to older game files.  Any time you're having prolonged loading or disconnect issues this should be the first thing you do.  Make sure to instruct your buddies to clear their caches as well.  If only one person in your foursome doesn't keep up to date then it can cause problems for your entire group.

• TurkishTerror
    2,177 Posts
    Wed, Mar 17 2010 6:49 AM

thanks dude, i will give that a try

• TurkishTerror
    2,177 Posts
    Wed, Mar 17 2010 10:51 AM

i have done everything in the previous comment but im still getting disconnected :( pleeeeeez wtf is going on here??????????

PS.  HOW DO I DOWNLOAD ANY PRODUCT UPDATES ?? 

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Wed, Mar 17 2010 11:54 AM

The updated files are downloaded automatically to your system once you've cleared your caches Turk.  There is nothing specific you need to do.  Everything will be re-downloaded while you are playing.

Can you give any more details about where you're getting disconnected?  Is it always the same hole?  Same course?  Is it single play or multi-play?  Are you seeing load manager errors?   The more details you can provide the easier it is to offer assistance.

The other thing you should check into is that you have the latest version of Adobe Flash Player.  We recommend that players use Flash 10 (the non-BETA version).  You may need to upgrade your flash player if you haven't done so in a while.  You can download the most up-to-date version of flash by clicking the link below:

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

RSS