Forums

Help › Forums

game disconnects

Mon, Mar 29 2010 1:53 PM (35 replies)
  • JulioMoot
    76 Posts
    Wed, Mar 17 2010 1:42 PM

g'day niv.

well i know i'm always getting disconnected whilst putting (usually 8th hole pars 3's but have been on 1st sudden death hole also, wgtls). im using skype at the same time and my buddys will tell me ive been disconnected before i realise, then sure enough soon as i strike the ball , wgt error. my opponents can still continue their round as they r unaffected by this.

i clear flash cache alot ,once a day usually. how often,or after how many rounds (lol) should this task be performed.

JM,     blah blah blah JA :)

• TurkishTerror
    2,177 Posts
    Wed, Mar 17 2010 5:46 PM

First of all thanks for taking the time to help me with this.

I have downloaded the Adobe flash 10.

The error occurs only in multiplayer games.  My 3 buddies and I have played eachother everymorning for the last 10 months.  This disconnects just started in March.  The disconnects occur during the 1st or 2nd hole (we have never gotten to the 3rd).  When I play other players on the web, I can only get to the 1st or 2nd hole.

Sometimes, during the disconnect, 2 of my buddies will be waiting for me to hit and the timer is counting down, but my screen is still loading.  Other times I will be waiting for them to hit (timer counting down) and their screen is dark and loading (inevitably disconnecting). 

The disconnects occur always after a ball has been hit. and the player turns are switching

If I can think of anything else, i will let you know

Thank you

• MONKEYBAR
    2 Posts
    Wed, Mar 17 2010 8:57 PM

Almost when my player is about to do the downswing, the game stalls.

This happens too frequently, every 10-15 shots taken...am getting a bit frustrated with this game stalling scenario! hope this can be fixed.

• aceydeucey
    504 Posts
    Fri, Mar 19 2010 2:00 PM
    Disconnects are a problem, and like most IT people I know, won't accept the blame for their software. It has to be us ( the users)... we didn't clear our caches, or we don't have the correct Flash....and on and on. I've had 4 disconnects in 2 days when a multi-play player disconnected... because of a bad round... guess they didnt't want that high score affecting their average. My screen had a pop-up that said. WGT error..unexpected error. This happened when my other player disconnected. Suggestion.. is their a way to penalized intentional disconnects...like maybe adjusting their average score higher? I would think, if I'm playing bad and know that I will be penalized 5 average points if I leave the game... maybe I'll finish my round.
  • TurkishTerror
    2,177 Posts
    Tue, Mar 23 2010 5:33 AM

this is BS!!!  Its not the cache or adobe flash or whatever it is that you programmers say it is.  JUST FIX THE FKING DISCONNECT PROBLEM ALREADY!!!  I am so sick of this.  I love this game and cant play multiplayer.

COME ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• aceydeucey
    504 Posts
    Tue, Mar 23 2010 8:01 PM

I agree.. just had a WGT Time out error pop after the 2nd hole in a Multi-Player game. I was playing with a Pro and Master and they probably think it was me. Hell, I was only 2 over after 2. So what is the "Time Out" error?? I suppose it's my fault right?  Couldn't be WGT's fault... right?

By the way, I clear mycache after every game.... not session.... and yes, I do have Flash -10.

• MONKEYBAR
    2 Posts
    Tue, Mar 23 2010 10:57 PM

now the problem seems to be getting worse!! every 3-4 shots my game stalls.

Although this may be a beta ver but its not a bug anymore! this is more like a total malfunction.

WGT should close down the entire site for a while and get it fixed first before introducing to the public again.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Wed, Mar 24 2010 11:36 AM

aceydeucey:
    So what is the "Time Out" error?? I suppose it's my fault right?  Couldn't be WGT's fault... right?

Yes, the Time out error was your fault.  If your flash cache is cleared after every round then every time you come back to any hole, all of the resident cache files have to be downloaded again. 

aceydeucey:
    By the way, I clear mycache after every game.... not session

From WGTAlex....

WGTalex:
    ....., it's not a good idea to clear your cache too often as the system depends on caching large files to optimize performance. Clearing your cache is only necessary sometimes after a system update, to get any new files.

So, a little less indignation is in order.  Try to work within the system to make it work with you...  automatically assuming that everything that goes wrong is WGT's fault will only stress you out to the point of not playing.

• oldduffer21
    2 Posts
    Wed, Mar 24 2010 11:50 AM
    Its very upsetting when a WGT member forms a game and be it early on in the round or later on a member decides to disconnect abruptly. To prevent this perhaps points should be added to the average of the individual who disconnects.
  • TurkishTerror
    2,177 Posts
    Thu, Mar 25 2010 5:03 AM

WISH I COULD GET THE $100 RETURNED I SPENT ON CLUBS AND BALLS

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IM DONE WITH THIS SITE!!!   *** YOU AND YOUR MULTIPLAYER DISCONNECTS.  SICK OF GETTING KICKED OFF!!!

PS.  ITS NOT MY COMPUTERS FAULT EITHER, SO PISS OFF

RSS