Forums

Help › Forums

Could someone explain this ?

Thu, Jan 28 2010 7:57 AM (80 replies)
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Jan 26 2010 5:10 AM

Nice job running interference for WGT, tibbets. MisterWGT opens the comments up and you take over. I'm still waiting for his response to Slashs's question.

I am so with you, bird, on factoring in the ball lies. Anybody that doesn't know how this affects the ball is going to be in a world of hurt and if you think there were cries of deviation before, wait until this happens. The forums will explode!  Can't wait         :)

birdwell:
    I interpret this to basically mean that the "sweet spot" will get smaller as you get more accurate with your clicks

This is what I was musing about when I mentioned aiming by missing. Since I never get consistent with hitting the sweet spot maybe I'm circumventing the intent. Hmmmm.

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Tue, Jan 26 2010 5:25 AM

YankeeJim:
    I am so with you, bird, on factoring in the ball lies.

Hi Jim,

I thought ball lies where factored in a shot now. Am I missing something?

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Jan 26 2010 5:33 AM

Most definitely, Rich. The ball will react to anything not flat in a very particular way. If your feet are above the ball as in a sidehill lie the ball will take off to the right, slice fashion. You would need to compensate by closing down the clubface. Conversely, with your feet below the ball it will take off to the left, a la hook, so you would need to open the clubface to compensate.

I really hope they come out with this but my fear is that if they do it won't include clubface adjustability which would mean you would have to compensate by aiming, not adjusting the club.

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Tue, Jan 26 2010 5:48 AM

Thanks Jim, that explains it. That feature will be nice someday and will replicate the game very well, but why isn't WGT being more truthful about this VEM? I don't understand all the secrecy. Like you said earlier, I could careless about the VEM recipe. I would like to know why WGT wasn't more forthcoming with this news for the game.

Thanks Jim.

• overtheedge
    5,878 Posts
    Tue, Jan 26 2010 6:11 AM
    "It's what I've always thought of as "The tibbets effect", PLEEEASE! the tibbets effect...Are you kidding me. How about "The Nivlac Effect" or "The Kosei82 Effect", or many -many other wgt players"Effect". "Retirement grows ever so close". That might not be a bad idea my friend....wgt has come up with a "COMPUTER GAME" thathat challenges you every game you play. I'd rather be challenged then not "or" you end up in -retirement mode-. I welcome alll the pitfalls that wgt may through at me. Virtual golf that may take Virtual skill...very cool.
  • cobra4
    359 Posts
    Tue, Jan 26 2010 6:21 AM

YankeeJim:
    Nice job running interference for WGT, tibbets. MisterWGT opens the comments up and you take over. I'm still waiting for his response to Slashs's question.

There are quite a few people speaking up for MISTERWGT lately, does this guy have a tongue off his own or what..? Lets have some answers, i asked misterwgt at least 5 times last night on another channel  if this "VEM" was being implemented in the game, and he niether said yes or no,and stated "it was a legality matter to do with the patent" (or words to that effect) so he could not give me a clear cut answer, but it sure did ruffle up a few feathers with some guys about the subject. Its a crying shame to think that a piece off softwear is going to stop you from getting any better at this game, very decietfull indeed i feel. Every time i play a bad game now i can just blame it on the VEM and nothing else.What a shame.

• overtheedge
    5,878 Posts
    Tue, Jan 26 2010 6:28 AM
    OMG! A qoute from tibbets -"The way I see it, anyone who isn't me would be playing an easier version of the game" Another one - ."It hasn't stopped me from excelling at the game, only from completely dominating at it....ARE U KIDDING MEEE! DO YOU HEAR YOURSELF! You are a good player tibbets but you are sooooo into yourself that you dont see -and I mean see- the other extremely good players on wgt as well. Give me a break...LOL - WOW! "Retirement grows - Ohhh so close."
  • tibbets
    1,043 Posts
    Tue, Jan 26 2010 6:32 AM

Take your personal attacks and envy elsewhere.

So ends yet another thread....

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Tue, Jan 26 2010 6:42 AM

overtheedge, that's over the top. This discussion isn't about tibbets at all.

• Spacklero
    386 Posts
    Tue, Jan 26 2010 7:06 AM

Good thread guys - one of the most informative debates ive seen on the forum - barring a couple of posts. I see tibbets ' point of view here regarding his performance in the game, when you get to the level he and a few others have it must begin to feel like you are just playing yourself. Now with what this VEM suggests and what I undertand from what is discussed here that is obviously true.(Thats how im understanding his tibbets effect comment). YJ's points about aiming with misses are also interesting as this could be a way to counteract the progressive effect of ones own precision working against you over time. Very interesting subject to say the least.

RSS