Forums

Help › Forums

Could someone explain this ?

Thu, Jan 28 2010 7:57 AM (80 replies)
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Jan 26 2010 9:13 AM

The fact that this thread is still ongoing is simply because you refuse to accept the answer.

He didn't answer the question, Lee. Slash did a good job laying that out. The OP here wondered how it affects his game. MisterWGT did not address that, he gave the same bland, corporate answer we get when tough questions are asked. This is OK-it's his dream working and all is good. Not acknowledging the use (or not) of it is not.

It would make total sense for VEM to be an integral part of this game. The bug reporting wouldn't be as much to fix anything as it would be to see if the model is actually working. I get it and I like it. I really think WGT is stubbing their toe on not 'fessing up. Be proud of the idea, the implementation, the discussion and all the attention. Advertise it as something that will keep you challenged as you improve. Getting gamers to calm down and understand this might be a headache, though. GL with that!   ;-)

• Therockdoctor
    232 Posts
    Tue, Jan 26 2010 9:56 AM

indeed i did ask how it does or will effect my game i don't not care at all that we never knew it existed i just wish to understand the dynamics of the VEM a little better to help me improve my game is all and if the VEM is not being used surely it will be at some point or why invent such a cool model i am not against it at all would just like to know a bit more about the game i love playing is that too much to ask?

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Jan 26 2010 10:57 AM

In light of the latest developments in WTF theory I would like to suggest something. Loch Ness has the infamous, yet to be spotted Nessie. WGT has the yet to be declared Beast.

I'm going to name the beast Vemmie.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Tue, Jan 26 2010 11:05 AM

Slash is definitely to be credited with the birth of a new WGT idiom:
    "You've just been vemmed!"  

• cobra4
    359 Posts
    Wed, Jan 27 2010 2:07 AM

So we can now assume that the meter stutter we all get quite often, regardless off how "high spec" our computers are,  is being purposly done by wgt with the aid off the VEM working. It sure looks like it to me, and i for one have said for ages the meter stutter is being purposly done by WGT. Seems like FACT now.

• g433a
    28 Posts
    Wed, Jan 27 2010 5:40 AM

Therockdoctor:

indeed i did ask how it does or will effect my game i don't not care at all that we never knew it existed i just wish to understand the dynamics of the VEM a little better to help me improve my game is all and if the VEM is not being used surely it will be at some point or why invent such a cool model i am not against it at all would just like to know a bit more about the game i love playing is that too much to ask?

Surely if elements of the VEM were in place, they would defeat it's purpose if they gave you information about it that would help you improve your game.

• SLASHX
    278 Posts
    Wed, Jan 27 2010 12:31 PM

cobra4:

So we can now assume that the meter stutter we all get quite often, regardless off how "high spec" our computers are,  is being purposly done by wgt with the aid off the VEM working. It sure looks like it to me, and i for one have said for ages the meter stutter is being purposly done by WGT. Seems like FACT now.

I think you're right.

• Tim30
    66 Posts
    Wed, Jan 27 2010 3:30 PM

WGTadmin:

To clarify, there is no "behind the curtain" tweaking of the equipment based on a player's skill. The performance characteristics of the equipment is made visible in the Pro Shop.  As you move up tiers, you get access to equipment that performs differently, and you're in control of what equipment you use.

WGT does not change the performance of existing clubs based on the play of the individual using it.

LMAO like u would admit to it anyway

• CaptainCouples
    135 Posts
    Wed, Jan 27 2010 7:32 PM

YankeeJim:

In light of the latest developments in WTF theory I would like to suggest something. Loch Ness has the infamous, yet to be spotted Nessie. WGT has the yet to be declared Beast.

I'm going to name the beast Vemmie.

LMAO, Thank you YJ! Now does Vemmie reside at Beth Page - Kiawah or Both?

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Jan 28 2010 6:55 AM

Heh- Vemmie doesn't discriminate. In fact, she laid eggs in all the Kia traps and has 24/7 parties in the mulch. I have no proof of this but I think she spawned from BPB15. Stay tuned........

RSS