Forums

Help › Forums

Secret to WGT sucess!!

Sun, Nov 5 2023 10:38 AM (47 replies)
  • paueett
    41 Posts
    Fri, Oct 13 2023 1:53 AM

Wow just wow. I won't add anything and I don't have to, it's plain for everyone to see. I also won't direct attacks and racist crap at anyone this seems silly, you argue using kindergarten tactics. Speaking of arguing re-read it at some point, you just had a heated argument over semantics with yourself. I know the earth is round and I think it's factual to most, doesn't mean I'll argue with people that think it's a disc. No new replies needed, stopping this here.

pmm711:

Your vids...hard to argue the visual evidence.

You were wrong they found a way lol

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Fri, Oct 13 2023 5:38 AM

Who's right or wrong doesn't mean anything to me. What I know is we can easily draw or fade the ball by clicking in the dark blue area. I've been doing it for years. I first learned about it during the Uneven Lies days. It works with all the clubs. Driver, fairway woods, irons and even the wedges.  The 3 wood, irons and wedges work perfectly fine from the fairway. I usually add about 15 yards for fairway shots. An extra club. With the wedges I've even drawn a wedge flop shot to force the ball spin opposite of what it normally does. 

I use the free ball and mostly play in practice mode with high winds so I  can actually practice these shots repeatedly. 

Try it instead of denying it. ๐Ÿ˜Ž

~CD~

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,504 Posts
    Fri, Oct 13 2023 7:57 PM

Alright, it is now clear to me that your inability to comprehend my point comes from the lack of solid knowledge or understanding of RL golf swing mechanics & techniques. I thought we were all golfers before being gamers, so I automatically assumed it was given, but apparently not. Geez... where and what should I begin with?

First, take this image once again 'cause you definitely need it to have a minimal chance of visualizing and understanding what I'm about to explain.

The WGT golf swing, the swing bar illustrates or simulates the TIMING OF CLUB RELEASE (referred as DING here) only. There is no consideration of stance and clubface in this game or maybe I should say they're set SQUARE by default and there's no way you can adjust them. The ball position is more and less expressed and simulated by the spin rate you can put on the ball, thus varying its flight trajectory.

Under these given conditions (disregard the winds for now), when you perfectly time the release (hit DING), the ball flies straight. When released quick/early (before DING), the shot's PULLED resulting going left side of your target, and vice-versa, when released late (after DING), the shot's PUSHED resulting going right side of your intended destination. Obviously, the more you miss DING, the more PULL/PUSH gets accentuated to the point that it starts bending/curving away from your target. (Again, I never said curving the ball was impossible unlike you desperately try to make me look like I did for some reason.) This means, in other words, the types of shots you can produce in WGT are either STRAIGHT, PULL and PUSH, plus PULL HOOK and PUSH SLICE at extremes, which further extends they're technically NOT anything even near that could be called DRAW or FADE.

Now, a proper DRAW or FADE would've been... well, let me start with an example of FADE first : a proper FADE would've been, even with an early release (hitting before DING), you should've been able to make it curve back to the target with an appropriate, right amount of stance and/or clubface tweaks/adjustments. The same principle applies when you want to hit DRAW : you close your stance and/or clubface slightly and hit tad late (hit after DING), then enjoy the beautiful ball flight departing right at first, then curving towards left back to the target like a charm which you CANNOT reproduce here in WGT unfortunately. These would've been the REAL DRAW and FADE, the REAL SHOT SHAPING, the REAL CONTROLLED SHOTS like in RL golf! Now pay closer attention here! I said HITTING EARLY FOR FADE and HITTING LATE FOR DRAW with a right PRE-SETUP of STANCE & CLUBFACE, and I can't emphasize this enough for you who can't even distinguish the types of shots you hit, confusing and calling PULL HOOK and PUSH SLICE as DRAW and FADE. It just shows your mediocre level of both RL & WGT golf knowledge.

Like I said earlier, you can post whatever misconception you believe and chime with a group of your zealots elsewhere in the forums, but don't you come and no no me when you don't know what you're and I'm talking about. You've just got the wrong focus and made the wrong point! Did I ever say a single word in that thread with GIFs, a parade of misconception & false examples? No, I did not. Sorry you took my writing as a personal attack, but I can assure you it wasn't my intention at all even though there's nothing I can do if stating facts hurts your feeling.

And one last thing before I go, FYI, don't try those majestic cojones shot shaping in RL golf LOL otherwise you'll find yourself spending most of time in bushes & woods on the course, looking for your ball. You'll fall into the vicious cycle of nightmare, the further you aim away from the target in a desperate attempt to compensate your duck hook and pull slice, the more the ball will curve away from where you intended. There's no harm in taking a word or two from someone who used to be a scratch player in RL. ¯\_(ใƒ„)_/¯ You can thank me later for the free lesson.

Hope I made myself clear. Cheers.

• pmm711
    5,516 Posts
    Fri, Oct 13 2023 9:06 PM

^^^^ Beetle…but in terms of the game it’s all we got to mold a shot.  You definitely covered the RL swing.  ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,504 Posts
    Fri, Oct 13 2023 11:35 PM

pmm711:
    ^^^^ Beetle…but in terms of the game it’s all we got to mold a shot.  You definitely covered the RL swing.  ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

Paul, once again, I've never naysaid or denied the fact that you can curve the ball in this game. My focus when replying to CSM111's question was essentially on the usage of right terminology.

I don't mind someone making/appealing his POV (regardless it's true or not), but I can't/won't accept or tolerate anyone trying to distort my or other people's POV/opinion along the way, which is clearly the case with this person.

Simon

• VanMeerV
    993 Posts
    Sat, Oct 14 2023 5:22 AM

Simon

There are alot of ways to play this game, There are alot of people who like to talk and say nothing at all, however if you take a little advice from everyone and turn it into your game, then you will do well.

Best advice anyone can give you is play your game the best you can, have fun doing it and enjoy the people you play with. 

It is not a game to beat other people it is a game to beat your last play and lower your avg.

Don't worry what the next guy does, 

Vic

• Parfect55
    3 Posts
    Sat, Oct 14 2023 10:27 AM

Wouldn't it be nice to have a "mulligan" available? Get to a hole and try different clubs, different lengths, different wind speed, etc.. Just select "mulligan" and try again. Putting, especially on those side hill hole placements. Get a better feel for hitting the ball.

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,504 Posts
    Sat, Oct 14 2023 11:39 AM

Very sage. Thanks for your input, Vic.

• CSM111
    119 Posts
    Mon, Oct 16 2023 9:56 AM

Simon you are spot on as usual. And I for one appreciate your knowledge on this 

• ScottHope
    10,095 Posts
    Mon, Oct 16 2023 11:06 AM

Parfect55:
    Wouldn't it be nice to have a "mulligan" available?

RSS