Help › Forums

Secret to WGT sucess!!

Sun, Nov 5 2023 10:38 AM (47 replies)
  • DarSum
    1,440 Posts
    Fri, Feb 3 2012 10:43 AM

RUNWME:

Howdy

I just took a few minutes to illustrate with pics and video how to draw the ball around trees. Its usefull on holes like bethpage 2 and ccc 4 from legend tees.   Hope it helps

http://www.wgt.com/forums/t/84875.aspx

Cool pics Run. Looks like you aim further to the right and click earlier than I do. I always try to hit that first meter line just so I have a visual of when to click. Two ways to skin a cat I guess. 

• JaLaBar
    1,254 Posts
    Sat, Feb 4 2012 10:11 AM

Thanks to you both... this seems to work better than a slight draw... more consistently, anyway

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Feb 4 2012 10:36 AM

If you miss that early with the opposite wind, you're in the trees. The wind affects how much you need to miss by. In an opposite wind with Run's example, I would miss between the ding and the first line.

• Rightin
    1,248 Posts
    Sat, Feb 4 2012 11:07 AM

Great showing of the screen shot Run, that is the truth to what many call the BP shot.  Thanks for Sharing the Pic,  good job.

• TeeWade
    1,216 Posts
    Sat, Feb 4 2012 6:24 PM

gr8flbob:

DarSum:

SHRUDE:

Bottom spin will create less roll when the ball lands , but it lands further than the top spin which will give you more roll when it lands

pmsl I find it funny there would be golfers unaware of that.

If I was asked what is the one thing I want added to this game, I would ask for the ability to move the dot left or right on the ball for a draw or fade.

Amen, brother, re: give us draw and fade. In WGT programmer's defense, I'd think implementing draw/fade in a realistic way is probably very difficult. Rumor has it that they tried, but took it away - I assume because they couldn't get it to mimic real life.

As far as your unawareness comment, I'm sometimes amazed by some of notions folks have about golf physics too. But - to be honest - I'm amazed at some of the shots I myself  have tried to pull off  ... and end up in trouble, thinking 'Why in hell did you just do that?

OMG, I'd give my left nut for some draw/fade action on here!!!! Come on WGT....pretty, pretty pleeeaaseeeee!

• oneeyedjohn
    9,567 Posts
    Sat, Feb 4 2012 6:44 PM

Hopefully you don't lose your left gonad because, if that comes about, we might just get downhill and uphill lies, plus side hill shots.

Be careful what you wish for.

• Naughtyone
    873 Posts
    Sat, Feb 4 2012 7:06 PM

Lmfao!     Why do you guys always say that?  Is the left one worth more than the right.?

As in my real golf game, I try to draw the ball on most all shots..I even draw the flop shot..

You get a few more yards this way,has a little more backspin and control,  and I always prefer to be early on the meter as opposed to being late...

The balls cost enough already, so just add the spin we need without 550  credits a sleeve for them.

I would work the ball to death if I had right--left --top and bottom too..Mmmmmmmmmmmmm

• jumpmybones
    205 Posts
    Sun, Feb 5 2012 11:41 AM

I draw my love towards you Naughtyone.      ;)~

• TeeWade
    1,216 Posts
    Mon, Feb 6 2012 8:19 PM

• jumpmybones
    205 Posts
    Fri, Mar 16 2012 8:16 AM

Yes he i im sure.

RSS