Forums

Help › Forums

Secret to WGT sucess!!

Sun, Nov 5 2023 10:38 AM (47 replies)
  • woodworkerjunkie
    237 Posts
    Mon, Mar 19 2012 9:14 AM

TeeWade:
    OMG, I'd give my left nut for some draw/fade action on here!!!!

TeeWade your scheduled for surgery Thursday, March 29th at 9:00 Am. for gonad removal.  ;>)  Sorry couldn't resist!  

Just remember, If they get draw and fade figured out, then they can figure out how to install hooks and slices also!  Lord knows, I have enough problems with a slice in the real world already! Don't need that on here.

• CrazyJoeBonano1
    115 Posts
    Wed, Aug 9 2023 9:44 PM

So they figure out how to make the wind draw and fade the ball but can't use that same basic algorithm for draw and fade?  Cause that's what the wind does.

• CSM111
    119 Posts
    Thu, Aug 10 2023 1:41 PM

Just wondering do we not already have draw and fade by hitting before or after DING, ie: my shots are always a draw or fade because you have to hit ding dead center to go straight 😂 never been there 

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,504 Posts
    Thu, Aug 10 2023 4:37 PM

CSM111:
    Just wondering do we not already have draw and fade by hitting before or after DING

No, they're PULL and PUSH shots even though they can act like draw and fade with winds of opposite directions.

• paueett
    41 Posts
    Wed, Oct 11 2023 3:24 AM

SimonTheBeetle:

CSM111:
    Just wondering do we not already have draw and fade by hitting before or after DING

No, they're PULL and PUSH shots even though they can act like draw and fade with winds of opposite directions.

No no you can curve the drives it's just that not many people know about it and it comes with significant risk, wind is not relevant to this.

• CSM111
    119 Posts
    Wed, Oct 11 2023 4:52 AM

Maybe a push pull but with the wind sometimes maybe a draw fade 😂 

• paueett
    41 Posts
    Wed, Oct 11 2023 5:11 AM

CSM111:

Maybe a push pull but with the wind sometimes maybe a draw fade 😂 

Or maybe sometimes a --

hook against the wind

or maybe a--

slice against the wind

As I said wind is not relevant to curving the shots ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• CSM111
    119 Posts
    Wed, Oct 11 2023 6:24 AM

Nice videos 

• pmm711
    5,516 Posts
    Wed, Oct 11 2023 9:13 AM

paueett:

Or maybe sometimes a --

hook against the wind

or maybe a--

slice against the wind

As I said wind is not relevant to curving the shots ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thank you for displaying what a lot of people think is impossible in this game.  I've been doing the same for years, but, I didn't want to start a battle on here.  Your vids...hard to argue the visual evidence.  You might sacrifice some distance but the resulting shots is perfect.

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,504 Posts
    Thu, Oct 12 2023 9:55 PM

I wasn't going to reply to this, but I will since there's a serious distortion of the facts here.

paueett:
    No no you can curve the drives it's just that not many people know about it and it comes with significant risk, wind is not relevant to this.

Wrong point! I never said anything about curving the ball nor did I say it was impossible. I was only focusing on CSM111's question "do we not already have draw and fade by hitting before or after DING" and simply responded they were rather pull and push.

In this game, when you aim directly to the target under a hypothetic zero wind condition and hit early (before DING), the ball starts flying left and ends up landing on the left side of the target, NEVER curves back to the target on its own. I don't know about where you're from, but this is called PULL or an equivalent term in five different languages in all the places I've been to. Vice-versa, the same is true with PUSH when hitting late (after DING). Refer to this image to facilitate your understanding.

Now even with your GIFs, you're showing some extreme cases to justify your farfetched allusion and prove I am wrong for something I've never stated. Besides, when that much of a significant risk is involved as you admitted it yourself, I don't know... if you want to call that "shot shaping", be it, I can't stop you, but to me, it looks more like a pull (duck) hook & push slice, a mishit rather, a barely missed disaster of complete "swing & miss", a reckless gamble. In your illustrations, you hit it so bad, so extreme, so f***ed-up even if intended that the wind isn't a factor anymore. What is irrelevant here, therefore, is not the wind, but the examples given by you which is far from what I was focusing and trying to explain. You just made a wrong point whether it was deliberate or not.

Speaking of which, I already wrote about this somewhere in the forums earlier, but I'll repeat, if there was a true shot shaping like fade & draw features, we would've had some sort of pre-setups enabling us to adjust stance, ball position, clubface, etc. that looked something like this :

But we don't.

Another evidence of the shot shaping plan permanently abolished by WGT is the fact that the shot shaping attribute values of ALL clubs and balls have been neglected and left at 0.5 since... ever! The only thing we see now is the trace of it there like a fossil.

Anyway, I don't know why you felt the urge to dig up this 2-month-old post and make it look like I said something I didn't, and of course, you're free to post whatever you want to believe and buzz with your follower elsewhere in the forums, but I suggest you read and think twice before starting your sentence with a "no no" to someone's opinion next time.

And good luck with your gambling, "cojones shot shaping" in ranked rounds where you can't afford to have a mulligan. ;-)

RSS