Forums

Help › Forums

game servers

Wed, Jan 6 2010 8:36 AM (33 replies)
  • Tresclub
    934 Posts
    Thu, Dec 31 2009 7:45 PM

As far as I know, the Firefox browser is the only one that displays this server info.  I know IE8 and Chrome do not.  I am currently using v 3.5.4 of Firefox.

Warren

• SLASHX
    278 Posts
    Thu, Dec 31 2009 7:52 PM

At times it really does seem like the gameplay on the servers is a lot different. I also try to make a point to connect to the wgt servers especially after having the wind being completely different for me and the guy i was playing a couple of rounds on one of the psj servers. I looked it up in the forum and saw where tibbets had reported the wind problem a few months ago but i can assure you it hasnt been fixed at least not as of about 2 weeks ago... and i havent ever noticed it playing on the wgt servers just a psj server.

• chipshotcharlie
    538 Posts
    Thu, Dec 31 2009 8:24 PM

Hi there just another report again ive just played a ready to go game play is crapy once again server is psj-gs03. Funny thing is i played a practise on the same coarse right before i played the RTG tourn`y,did not disconect,the server was wgt-gs01so im convinced that the majority of pay to play tourny`s are played on these poorer quality game servers.

I wonder why????

thanks all for your reports chippy

can someone from the wgt team give some imput please

• dorkfeatures
    712 Posts
    Thu, Dec 31 2009 9:09 PM

@ Warren (Tresclub)

I play Google chrome all the time and I can assure you that it definitely does show this server info in the bottom left hand corner of the screen.

Anyway just for your info Warren.

Happy New Year

Cheers Doug

• sabbath270
    231 Posts
    Thu, Dec 31 2009 9:46 PM

I'm getting pretty pissed too.

Been disconnecting and reconnecting for the last 6 hours, psj-gs03 every time. 

Pile of junk.

Cost me about $2.50 so far.

• chipshotcharlie
    538 Posts
    Fri, Jan 1 2010 12:20 AM

sabbath270:

I'm getting pretty pissed too.

Been disconnecting and reconnecting for the last 6 hours, psj-gs03 every time. 

Pile of junk.

Cost me about $2.50 so far.

hi sabbath270

Your pissed get this im -3 RTG18th at beth black putting for birdy yeah got wgt server then about to put screen goes glue comes back on server has chaged to psj finished with a duoble bogey -1 WGT give us an explenation please your silence is speaking louder than you

dissgruntled chippy

• SLASHX
    278 Posts
    Fri, Jan 1 2010 1:56 AM

the server changed on you during a round? never had that happen before.

• wallydawg68
    46 Posts
    Fri, Jan 1 2010 5:20 AM

Thanks for the help guys. I was playing a 4some yesterday and was -3 after 5 holes when a player got disconnected.(he was -1). Everyone froze. Kinda killed my high right there. I came back later and shot a +5 (40) on a Ready Go. Where's the consistency in that. And the wind has been a problem too. How do you aim about 8 yrds to the left with a 6 mph wind, "ding" the meter, and end up in the bunker on the right side of the green? Just my thoughts.

Michael

• birdwell
    561 Posts
    Fri, Jan 1 2010 5:43 AM

I just played a ready go and I got this psj-gs03 server.....

What a load of crap! I'm soooo pissed!!!!!!!

Meter never stuttered once, and I was only -1!

.....er wait... maybe it wasen't the server..... Maybe it was the fact that I'm still piss drunk from New Years eve, or maybe because I haven't slept a wink because of New Years Heartburn, and I just couldn't find the New Years Ding! (I mean the mark on the meter - what did you think I was talking about? :) Ha)

Sorry guys, I think your all nuts! The game performs about the same on any server for me - meaning mostly smooth but occasionally there is th e  r a  n d  om  st u t   tt e r...

When it happens, I don't get caught up in trying to find some technology to blame, I just move on to the next shot.

For what it's worth.

• GITrDONE
    701 Posts
    Fri, Jan 1 2010 6:23 AM

birdwell:
    I'm still piss drunk from New Years eve, or maybe because I haven't slept a wink

No offense but how would you know if it stuttered or not?

I have the same problems with the RTG's compared to just free rounds of golf.I have quit playing them for now until they can provide me with a better meter.I don't think it's some kind of scam but the meter difference between the two servers is quite puzzling.Free game no problem,pay to play,big problem.

I agree Chippy that they (wgt) say it best when they say nothing at all.

RSS