Forums

Help › Forums

game servers

Wed, Jan 6 2010 8:36 AM (33 replies)
  • wallydawg68
    46 Posts
    Fri, Jan 1 2010 8:15 AM

I dont have too big of a problem with the meter itself. Stutters now and then but when I ding something and with conditions being right, it should go toward where I am aiming. Another shot I had was on BPB #15. Tee shot in middle of fairway, 2nd shot, I was going for green with fairway 3 wood(230 yrds). Perfect ding and ball only went 170 yrds with an 8mph tailwind.  I am just saying.

• molideha
    213 Posts
    Fri, Jan 1 2010 8:25 AM

a commonly held belief is that when you play a CTTH, you will often see MORE deviation and LESS forgiveness....that said, you can draw your own conclusions (as I have) regarding other modes of play...imho;

deviation is UP and forgiveness is DOWN in the following;

CTTH, stroke practice mode, practice match play, ready-go tourneys

deviation is DOWN and forgiveness is UP in the following;

ranked stroke, scored match play

server performance seems to be relative to a players own experience...i personally prefer to play psj-gs02...my worst experiences are with psj-gs03 and wgt04.

gl

• chipshotcharlie
    538 Posts
    Fri, Jan 1 2010 1:04 PM

molideha:

server performance seems to be relative to a players own experience...i personally prefer to play psj-gs02...my worst experiences are with psj-gs03 and wgt04.

gl

HI Mo   its not `relative at all IMHO, its the amount of traffic these servers are dealing with. my point is why are the weaker servers reserved for "pay to play" , Is this a way to increase profit, there is said it ban me lol . wgt alex & wgtadmin where is your imput silence is no longer golden .

i love this game and really enjoy it, i understand the BETA classification. please get bigger capasity servers do something please game play should be the same in all coarses and tournaments free or otherwise.an 8mile wind at kiawah is not the same as 8mile wind at BPB, isnt 8mile-8mile these are the issues that need fixing .It is my belief that fix the servers the spiky meter will disappear.

Stuttering meter is a different issue and yes i believe this comes down to your personal set up.

thanks Git for the support as i know you understand what im trying to say. Im no literary genius.

thanks chippy

• duffer66
    700 Posts
    Fri, Jan 1 2010 2:12 PM
    The wind has got to go or get fixed. This is getting so frustrating when your in a tournament and take wind factor into account for a shot and all your factoring is out the window. Today BP par 3 145yds 9mph tailwind took my 8i 140 yds, hit the meter on the money and the shot went 140yds and this green is -23 elevation. Then you say heck with the wind and then it blows you all over the place. WGT has got to fix thethe wind or take it out of play until they can get it consistant. The integrity of this game is hurting because of the insistencies. Green speeds included.
  • SLASHX
    278 Posts
    Fri, Jan 1 2010 2:33 PM

birdwell:

When it happens, I don't get caught up in trying to find some technology to blame, I just move on to the next shot.

For what it's worth.

What do you do when you are playing someone and comment about the wind only to find out that the wind shows to be completely different on each hole for the two of you although it is actually the same? Hard to be accurate when you are playing the wrong wind.

• GITrDONE
    701 Posts
    Fri, Jan 1 2010 2:36 PM

duffer66:
    The wind has got to go or get fixed.

I know it's against my own policy but that right there is the bottom.I got nothing to add to that.

Well said Duffy...Well said indeed!

• birdwell
    561 Posts
    Fri, Jan 1 2010 3:25 PM

SLASHX:
    What do you do when you are playing someone and comment about the wind only to find out that the wind shows to be completely different on each hole for the two of you although it is actually the same?

Lose.

I then might make a bug report, or post about it in the forums.

I do not make wild guesses as to why it happened and blame it on WGT's "crappy servers"

If it happens multiple times, and I document the conditions under which it happened each time, I might then make some conclusion. This wind situation has only happened once to me and I cannot comment on it's causes. Only that it does exist, and it's a real PITA.

This thread however is more specifically about the performance of the meter on particular servers....

no wait, let me break it down even further. (and I know your all going to hate me for this, but sometimes for the sake of good debate, you have to throw tact out the window.)

This thread is specifically about a number of members poor performance in paid tournaments, and a grasping of straws to figure out why. If playing in a ready go connects you to some crappy server which hinders game play, how are people winning these things with scores in the low 60's and 30's?

I am of the opinion that the poor performance of this game is due to the fact that it uses more CPU resources that it needs to. This could be due to poor programming, or the limitations of Flash itself, maybe a combination of both. I can edit a symphony's worth of high fidelity audio tracks on this machine in real time, and use about as much CPU as playing this game does. That's just insane! 

I have the game client open right now, on the main menu doing nothing. CPU is hovering at about 30%!

Close the client.... it 's down to 4%

Those are facts. 

I am going to try to take note, and see if there is any correlation between different servers and CPU usage. Maybe you guys are right, who knows? 

• GITrDONE
    701 Posts
    Fri, Jan 1 2010 4:18 PM

I'm happy with my performance in each tourney but am unhappy with the meter.I don't even expect to come in first but when I do bad I do want it to be ALL my fault,I ain't even close to perfect and neither is WGT,no offense.

I just noticed a difference in the meter and thats my story and I'm sticking to it.I certainly ain't crying about loosing,as there is some very good competition to have to contend with here at the WGT.

• chipshotcharlie
    538 Posts
    Fri, Jan 1 2010 5:15 PM

birdwell:

SLASHX:
    What do you do when you are playing someone and comment about the wind only to find out that the wind shows to be completely different on each hole for the two of you although it is actually the same?

Lose.

I then might make a bug report, or post about it in the forums.

I do not make wild guesses as to why it happened and blame it on WGT's "crappy servers"

If it happens multiple times, and I document the conditions under which it happened each time, I might then make some conclusion. This wind situation has only happened once to me and I cannot comment on it's causes. Only that it does exist, and it's a real PITA.

This thread however is more specifically about the performance of the meter on particular servers....

no wait, let me break it down even further. (and I know your all going to hate me for this, but sometimes for the sake of good debate, you have to throw tact out the window.)

This thread is specifically about a number of members poor performance in paid tournaments, and a grasping of straws to figure out why. If playing in a ready go connects you to some crappy server which hinders game play, how are people winning these things with scores in the low 60's and 30's?

I am of the opinion that the poor performance of this game is due to the fact that it uses more CPU resources that it needs to. This could be due to poor programming, or the limitations of Flash itself, maybe a combination of both. I can edit a symphony's worth of high fidelity audio tracks on this machine in real time, and use about as much CPU as playing this game does. That's just insane! 

I have the game client open right now, on the main menu doing nothing. CPU is hovering at about 30%!

Close the client.... it 's down to 4%

Those are facts. 

I am going to try to take note, and see if there is any correlation between different servers and CPU usage. Maybe you guys are right, who knows? 

no its not this is my post birdwell dont be a faterson and start argument for arguments sake. i can play this game well i post my scores. this post is about the differences in game play on different servers. i dont make excuses and id appreciate you not turning this into a flame debate

thx CSC

• birdwell
    561 Posts
    Fri, Jan 1 2010 5:48 PM

chipshotcharlie:

no its not this is my post birdwell dont be a faterson and start argument for arguments sake. i can play this game well i post my scores. this post is about the differences in game play on different servers. i dont make excuses and id appreciate you not turning this into a flame debate

thx CSC

No flames here. I'm not arguing for arguments sake. I am taking the position that there is not enough evidence at hand to support your theory, or, at least to simply state that my own experience with different servers is not the same as yours. I may often write in a dramatic fashion (like our friend Fatterson) but I'm not quite as stubborn. :)

birdwell:

Does this sound like a flame to you?

Happy New Year everyone....

RSS