Forums

Help › Forums

game servers

Wed, Jan 6 2010 8:36 AM (33 replies)
  • chipshotcharlie
    538 Posts
    Wed, Dec 30 2009 3:46 PM

wgt do you have control over your game servers.why i ask,because every time i play no cost games i get wgt game server wich is great i have no meter issues and therefore a lot of fun and enjoyment. but when i pay to play i get pjs-gs game server which frustrates me to no end, worst meter pause ive ever suffered. not to mention un stable winds and varying green speed. wgt i feel if possible if it can be done swap this around so pay to play gets the best game servers.as yesterday i lost 7 top$ balls in the drink in one rtg tourny then had to withdraw on two seperate occasions as game was un playable.

pls dont tell me to flush this do that i know my pc inside out i built it and its a borderline gaming console.IMO it is 100% the game servers in my case.

thanks chippy

• Tresclub
    934 Posts
    Wed, Dec 30 2009 5:19 PM

CSC,  I agree whole heartedly.  The pjs-gs servers are a POS!  Long live the wgtg servers!

ie.  Today, I loaded up a 4-player 9-hole match on a wgtg server (via Firefox).  After several attempts to get all 4 players loaded, we were finally able to play the 9 holes, and my meter was smooth as silk with no glitches.  The match ended in a tie, so we decided to play sudden death.  The game froze on me as I was exiting the round, so I had to reload.  Loaded up the game again via Firefox, only this time it was on a pjs-gs server.  When it was my turn to tee off on the first SD hole, I had to let the meter run twice because of stuttering before I saw a smooth meter and teed off.  This is typical of the pjs servers... imho.

Warren

• chipshotcharlie
    538 Posts
    Wed, Dec 30 2009 6:05 PM

Tresclub:

CSC,  I agree whole heartedly.  The pjs-gs servers are a POS!  Long live the wgtg servers!

ie.  Today, I loaded up a 4-player 9-hole match on a wgtg server (via Firefox).  After several attempts to get all 4 players loaded, we were finally able to play the 9 holes, and my meter was smooth as silk with no glitches.  The match ended in a tie, so we decided to play sudden death.  The game froze on me as I was exiting the round, so I had to reload.  Loaded up the game again via Firefox, only this time it was on a pjs-gs server.  When it was my turn to tee off on the first SD hole, I had to let the meter run twice because of stuttering before I saw a smooth meter and teed off.  This is typical of the pjs servers... imho.

Warren

thank you warren my point is too!!!, why arn`t the wgt game servers keptaside for the pay to play matches .surely its not another money making idea.

gg chippy

• jeffdos924
    1,085 Posts
    Wed, Dec 30 2009 6:23 PM

it might just be me , but my 5-6 year-old Dell is bare minimum for this game  and i've never really noticed that much of difference between the psj & wgt servers in either single or mutliplayer rounds. I get the occasional lag on both, but i can't say that 1 is worse than the other.

• marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Wed, Dec 30 2009 6:47 PM

I wish I could say this is a new complaint, but sadly it's not.  :(

http://www.wgt.com/forums/t/5059.aspx

• GITrDONE
    701 Posts
    Wed, Dec 30 2009 7:16 PM

Hey Chippie,I get the same results you and Warren are getting in the Ready Go's.I don't have any problem when I'm just goofing around but when I put up a dollar and go play the RTG's the meter is all but useless.I found one small glimmer of hope last night and set the Flash quality to LOW and I pulled off a 32 in a ready go compared to my previous best of 35.I don't know what it will take to fix it but it does need to be addressed as soon as they get through with the ever so important Reputation Tracking thing a ma jiggy deal or whatever that is supposed to be.A waste of time is all that is.The solution is already in place,it's called the Ladders.

• dorkfeatures
    712 Posts
    Wed, Dec 30 2009 7:46 PM

Hi Chippy,

Interesting post.

Yesterday when I had all my problems (green speeds varying between front and back 9's) on the "free" week 1 BPB  multiround  - the server was the psj-gs01 server. This was the FREE weekly though.  Hmmmm??? Hope we can get to the bottom of this soon.

I'll have to take a note of this the next time I play.

Thanks for the info.

Cheers Doug

• Tresclub
    934 Posts
    Thu, Dec 31 2009 11:44 AM

I just loaded WGT via Firefox, hit the Play Now button, and ten times in a row, got the @#$%ing psj-gs02 server.  Maybe they don't want me playing on the wgtgs server.  LOL

Warren

• wallydawg68
    46 Posts
    Thu, Dec 31 2009 5:19 PM

How do you tell what server you are on?

• chipshotcharlie
    538 Posts
    Thu, Dec 31 2009 6:55 PM

wallydawg68:

How do you tell what server you are on?

hey wally

In the bottom left hand corner of your screen it will say something like transfering data from ***** you will see it .

take care chippy

RSS