Forums

Help › Forums

How do I earn points without spending money?

Wed, Apr 20 2011 6:22 AM (43 replies)
  • Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Sat, Mar 27 2010 7:43 PM

neildiamond11790:
    Kyle is probably a minor without a credit card and parents won't buy him credits. 

If that is the case... boot his ass out.

There is an age restriction here in this game.  We had to lose a very valuable member of the community when WGT found out he was under 18... I'll be damned if we should let whiners and criers and other drains on the collective consciousness under 18 stick around.

One account per person over the age of 18.

What is so very hard to understand about that?!?!

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Sun, Mar 28 2010 7:17 AM

Snaike:

No, not at all. The age restriction is absurd, makes no sense, we've already discussed that a thousand times. (Please don't start it again.) Thousands of underage players play this game every day, and there's no reason to single out a "Kyle" and boot him out. (It's only Neil's hypothesis anyway.)

• ghettocop1
    259 Posts
    Sun, Mar 28 2010 8:28 AM

I'm all for the age restriction.  Don't need a bunch of illiterate snot-nosed kids posting all over the forum.  The grammar and composition used by most of the adults here is already pathetic.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Sun, Mar 28 2010 8:35 AM

What you're saying, Ghettocop1, is my no. 1 reason for why I claim that age restriction makes no sense. No one can get any sillier, ruder, or more illiterate than what a large number of supposed "adults" have produced in these forums over the last year.

But, we're off-topic with this debate, aren't we, based on a hypothesis by Neil? Let's end it right here.

• rehill
    431 Posts
    Sun, Mar 28 2010 11:33 PM

If you're looking to obtain top of the line equipment without shelling out any of your own money, this isn't the game for you. It's incredibly difficult to collect any credits, much less enough to buy new clubs. I'd personally recommend depositing $20 and go from there =)

• Mem11
    199 Posts
    Mon, Mar 29 2010 8:38 AM

rehill:

If you're looking to obtain top of the line equipment without shelling out any of your own money, this isn't the game for you. It's incredibly difficult to collect any credits, much less enough to buy new clubs. I'd personally recommend depositing $20 and go from there =)

Not true - I haven't spent a dime of my own money and I'm certainly not one of the high earners.  

You can try some of the offers, personally I haven't, or you can try completing some of the "Tasks".  They can be tedious and in my opinion some are just plain impossible to do, but the ones that aren't did the trick for me.  It does seem the better or easier ones haven't been offered as much recently, but there are always some there if you want to give them a try.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Mon, Mar 29 2010 12:39 PM

Faterson:
    Snaike:
    No, not at all. The age restriction is absurd, makes no sense, we've already discussed that a thousand times. (Please don't start it again.)

I think my brevity made it possible for you to miss my point, Faterson.

I was referring to an "If - then" proposition, not calling for his 'specific' dismissal.

Personally, I have no qualms about those under 18 playing.... as long as that is the rule of the land.  If a WGT rule says 'no', then it's 'no' for everyone, irregardless of the context and construct.

I hope that clarifies my position.

• werksux
    241 Posts
    Fri, Apr 2 2010 9:10 AM

I see the "OMG I WON'T SPEND MONEY ON FREE GAME" stuff from people all the time & that's your right, BUT YOU'RE MISSING THE BOAT!  When I started playing I initially refused the same but decided once I got to pro that it's just not possible to remain consistently competetive.  So I bucked up and spent 40$ which is basically enough to buy a great set of pro equipment + all the balls you need + any additional upgrades that you wish you bought in the 1st place.  Since that day, haven't had to spend a single dime & I've ran out of stuff to purchase with all the credits I've built up, lol.  GOTTA LOVE THOSE READY GO'S!

• tiffer67
    1,764 Posts
    Fri, Apr 2 2010 1:28 PM

What do you want to get out of this game? Do you want to be as good as you possibly can be or do you want to purely play for fun regardless of how good you are?

If you merely play it for a bit of fun every now and again then not spending any money is the way to go. If however, like a lot of players, you want to become a Master and be one of the better players, you have to spend some money.

I have spent in the region of $200 on this game in the last 6 months. A lot of that was spent playing Ready Gos at a time when I probably wasn't good enough to regularly win credits. 6 weeks ago I turned the corner and have now got to a standard where I do not foresee having to make any further deposits to WGT to buy balls and enter premium competitions.

Invest in yourself and if you become good enough you wont have to spend any further some time soon.

• bigga33
    4 Posts
    Fri, Apr 2 2010 4:08 PM

Mem11 is right about the "Tasks", they are tedious sometimes but they do put credits in your "pocket." That's the only way I "buy" credits, the rest are earned in Ready-Go and other tournaments. I also like the idea of earning credits for awards, not a substantial amount but something would be OK. Not having the best equipement just makes the game that much more chalenging and YES sometimes frustrating.

RSS