Forums

Help › Forums

How do I earn points without spending money?

Wed, Apr 20 2011 6:22 AM (43 replies)
  • TouringTiger
    1 Posts
    Wed, May 26 2010 11:53 AM

I think there could be a middle ground here. Give the players options to earn point even if it is slow, at least people who don't want to or can't spend money on the game, can still kit themselves out with semi-decent gear.

And those that are willing to spend the cash, can get the equipment faster.

Farmville is a great example of this, the developers still made tons of money even though many people played for free. The fact that most items were available for free attracted millions of players, and Farmville parlayed that into advertising revenue.

• b0geybuster
    2,574 Posts
    Wed, May 26 2010 12:53 PM

you can enter the free weekly and monthly tournaments to earn credits, also there are some free offers.  If you watch for the advertisement.

Cheers

• bonhoeffe
    111 Posts
    Thu, May 27 2010 11:49 AM

so now the page of tasks has disappeared. Anyone know what's up with that?

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Thu, May 27 2010 12:10 PM

Hi bonhoeffe,

The Free Offers page is still there.

http://wgt.com/user/offers.aspx

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Thu, May 27 2010 1:15 PM

This post otherwise known as: "How do I earn points without paying for internet, cable, cell phone, fast food out, tickets to the Knicks' games".

• Govtech
    2 Posts
    Sat, May 29 2010 10:30 AM

hi guys ,in the beginning this game mad me crazy cause its rather difficult and I to said "i 'm not buying any credits" and after buying some golf balls with credits earned for advancing I realized that the purchase was a good deal and new balls actually worked and like buddy said $20 is nothing,so I recently bought a real R9 driver and thought WTF,buy 1 here to and as a pro I really like it and just was 1 over for 18 holes at St Andrews,  wardrobe next lol

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Sat, May 29 2010 10:53 AM

Careful Gov,

You will end up with a bag like mine.....and I have the 'Canada' pants...lol

• srellim234
    2,077 Posts
    Mon, May 31 2010 8:51 PM

.I am another who prefers to save my hard cash for a real-life golf course. TouringTiger is correct on his "middle ground" idea; it already exists at a competing site to this one. That one does not have quite the graphics quality of this one (players are oriental anime figures) and the courses are not actual courses in real life. But it does offer the original poster exactly what he is asking for.

This is a commercial "for profit" site and the owner-operators are entitled to run their business as they see fit. I appreciate that the operators of this site allow me to play here without paying.

• TarheelsRule
    5,492 Posts
    Fri, Aug 13 2010 9:00 AM

Well said Srellim...although I have a little different opinion, I don't mind putting $40 into this entertainment but I don't upgrade everytime a new club that hits it 2 more yards comes around.  I look at this as, okay I just spent for lots of entertainment the price of a couple of movie tickets, drinks and popcorn.  You don't have to spend the money to have fun, you do have to spend a little to be competetive so it's what you want.  The folks who are designing the site and hopefully getting it out of beta soon need to make some money so throw them a bone.

• dave171
    3 Posts
    Mon, Nov 1 2010 9:01 AM

Hello I am new here, so I hope I am in the right place. I was wondering if you could send cheques to purchase free equipment? I do not have a credit card, so how else can I purchase the equipment in the pro shop? I would appreciate it a lot if someone could help me here.

RSS