Forums

Help › Forums

tips

Mon, Sep 11 2023 6:15 AM (8 replies)
  • sominex007
    2 Posts
    Tue, Aug 1 2023 11:19 AM

I have a tip. The game is rigged. In a response to my many emails the answer was the game has inconsistencies, some blatant. The definition of blatant is done openly and unashamedly,completely lacking in subtlety, very obvious. In other wods on purpose. The game is full of bs. You have to hit a downhill putts harder which goes against the laws of physics. On some par 3's you have to always add 5yds to the shot or you'll be short. Other holes with higher elevations go further. It's disgusting.

• BOZskills
    392 Posts
    Wed, Aug 2 2023 8:58 AM

Sounds like you wish to return  to those times 😇

• Squatch031
    172 Posts
    Wed, Aug 2 2023 1:52 PM

Not sure about being rigged but do agree there are inconsistencies, especially with certain courses.  I can do all my calculations on most courses and often hit a "heartbeat" shot but other courses are horrible.  I often come up short on a lot of holes on the Olympic Club.  I hate that course.  Chambers Bay also has some inconsistencies.

• PatrickPisshead
    13 Posts
    Mon, Aug 28 2023 1:21 PM

I hear you brother. Let's add to that list:

Uphill putts of 40ft plus go sailing past the hole unless you hit it softer!

I have golf balls in my bag that I've had for years! Hits left-1?? LOL

The extraordinary distances my irons hit the ball, oh right because there's a water hazard there!

If you win too many games, suddenly your calcs no longer work and leaves you with tough putts.

Strong crosswinds blowing towards water? Forfeit, WGT are after your ball and your money!

• dacrash
    465 Posts
    Tue, Sep 5 2023 12:53 PM

What I hear you saying is: this game is like real golf.   Amazing how much it resembles real life golf.   

Search for VEM in the forum.  It will explain some of your complaints. 

Also search putting tips.  The forum has a lot of good information in it.

Of course there is always user errors.  Not changing putter settings, choosing the wrong club.  Not noticing subtle putting lines.  (these are my issues)

Keep playing, you will get better at predicting what shots to use.  Some courses are much more difficult than others.  

dacrash

• Bertasion
    344 Posts
    Sat, Sep 9 2023 5:52 AM

dacrash - much of what you said is true.  But it doesn't explain what I experienced recently.  

Got the normal your ball's durability has one shot left, buy balls now message.  So I did. Two shots later, got the same message.  So I had to buy balls again.  

Contacted WGT and all I got was a lecture about ball durability.  I've been playing for more than a decade so one would think I would likely be aware of ball durability -- which had nothing to do with what happened to me -- and actually try to address the issue.  Nope. Nothing the rebound either.  

A problem is they don't care.  They just want us to keep buying in.  

• WGTShamWow
    907 Posts
    Sun, Sep 10 2023 5:27 PM

There are actually 2 different messages that can show, a "last ball" message and a "last hit" message. There is a certain situation that can cause both messages to show in the same round that our Q/A team is aware of.

From what I understand its pretty situational for it to happen. If you start a round with a ball that only has 2-3 shots left on it, you get the "last ball" message as soon as the round starts and if you reach the last hit for that ball on the same hole, the game will also show the "last hit" message, even if you purchased balls.

I believe this works normally if you were to get past first hole before running out of durability and it wouldn't show the "last hit" message on a following hole if you purchased balls. 

Best,
    WGTShamWow

• SGreene124
    58 Posts
    Mon, Sep 11 2023 6:15 AM

Can I ask you this? Do you check your bag before you go on a stroll down the fairway, to see how many balls you have to play with? I'm not trying to be a A**h****

If you know you have 2 balls, but it's unfortunate we can't see how much life is on a ball before we start a game, and while you are on the tee you'll get that message, "1 hit left", "last ball remaining", and it'll be in red or yellow, I think. And either it's on the next shot, or next tee, it'll ask you to buy more balls. And that would be highlight in white.

Nonetheless, WGT send those messages when the ball you are playing with is about to die. So, you can have 10 balls in the bag, but when that ball is about to die off, WGT will send you that msg every time on every ball. 

I hope I explained this correctly. TC

RSS