Forums

Help › Forums

Don't tell me this game isn't rigged!

Wed, Apr 9 2014 12:45 PM (16 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Heath021
    378 Posts
    Tue, Apr 8 2014 4:02 PM

Just played the Glenmarangie cup and was 12 under after 11 holes...and wouldn't you know it my meter went *** crazy...hasn't done it for so long and bang!!! my ball goes in the water and I end up loosing a ball, and bogeying the hole. It happens a couple times on the back nine...to finish with a 58!! 

if I hear one comment about this game being all about the putting , well ***.  That round I ended up with only 20 putts. 1 putted every hole but 2,Been doing that for awhile now.  But keep getting those WTF!!! kind of shots to screw my score by 2 or 3 strokes. I've been averaging over 75% one putts for a few months now and still can't consistently score mid 50's like some people do...I don't know WTF they are doing different someone please give me a good explanation.  Not one about putting because I know I can putt with the best of them and I understand all of the courses been here for 6 years with over 4000 rounds played and with a lot more forfeited. Many many many hours practicing. 

I mean I do score very well occasionally, but come on! I don't consistently score mid 20's for 9 holes or mid 50's for 18. That to me folks, sounds very far fetched.

I also love the "you don't have to always hit the ding to score well" comment...especially from those people who don't play very well.  Let me tell you people, it sure helps to hit the ding. If you are going to miss it is best to miss in the opposite direction of the wind or break, but it does not guarantee success. Hell, sometimes i purposely try to miss against the wind myself.  And anyway, if you can't hit the ding, how the hell can you plan to miss only a few pixels either left or right accurately? 

I don't know, I guess it's a forgone conclusion for some reason I'm not meant to win any big tournaments. I can shoot 26 than a 55, than I enter a big credit tournament and my shots get so manipulated that I want to put my fist through the screen and hit the *** programmers.  lol

• DAZZA501
    5,972 Posts
    Tue, Apr 8 2014 4:08 PM

I feel your pain Heath. I know this may sound stupid but what i've been doing recently when i'm -8 or -9 through 9 is save and quit the game, shut down the game client window, open in it back up again and then go back to the game. It seems to help with the meter and other dodgy goings on.

• Crazy3
    107 Posts
    Tue, Apr 8 2014 4:14 PM

Actually, what I wish is that WGT with their "VEM" would tell me at the start of a tournament whether or not I  have a chance to win or even place well. It certainly seems to me it is the luck of the draw whether or not VEM is with you or against you.

• Heath021
    378 Posts
    Tue, Apr 8 2014 4:22 PM

Dazza,

Does that really work?  I'm up for anything. lol

• commonguymd
    303 Posts
    Tue, Apr 8 2014 4:23 PM

DAZZA501:

I feel your pain Heath. I know this may sound stupid but what i've been doing recently when i'm -8 or -9 through 9 is save and quit the game, shut down the game client window, open in it back up again and then go back to the game. It seems to help with the meter and other dodgy goings on.

Yep, not that I am that far below par but I know after about 10 11 holes I have to clear that flash cache and I do it automatically by closing and reopening firefox.  by hole 13 or 14 I can guarantee I start getting some stutter.

• BubbaSauce
    260 Posts
    Tue, Apr 8 2014 4:59 PM

Rigged? Hmmm.

I played some pretty good golf on Saturday only be followed up with some pretty crappy golf on Sunday. Couldn't hit the ding to save my life. Missed so many putts by millimeters because I couldn't hit the ding.

I played two RG's on Sunday and couldn't believe how I played. 37 on the back 9 at Kiawah and 43 on the front 9 at Whistler.

Me? Or the game?

So last night I decided to try an 18-hole RG at St. Andrews. What the heck.

Shot the best round of my WGT career. A 10-under, 62. I had two eagles and I've only had 6 in my previous 225 ranked rounds. One of them, on the 323 yd par-4 6th, I drove the ball within 3 ft of the pin. Unbelievable.

Me? Or the game?

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Tue, Apr 8 2014 5:40 PM

BubbaSauce:
    37 on the back 9 at Kiawah and 43 on the front 9 at Whistler.

Mostly you.

BubbaSauce:

So last night I decided to try an 18-hole RG at St. Andrews. What the heck.

Shot the best round of my WGT career. A 10-under, 62.

Could not see that in the score history so still filling up I guess, or I just missed it.  Well played anyway.

Look the clubs you have are not the best, but probably ample anyway.  No disrespect but what is absolutely not the game is 19' to the pin, and 30% 1 putts.  Those stats, simply put,  strongly suggest the really good scores won't come all that often.  Whatever is causing it needs fixing.  

Looking quickly you drive OK so suspect (not enough information appreciated) you mainly ding OK. Then it goes downhill rapidly and 19 foot dist to pin puts huge pressure on your putting, hence 30% 1 putts which is awful.  2 putts are OK so I suspect you putt fine, just that dist to pin killing you.  

If you are (as currently equipped) using a L61 Nike usually I suggest changing to say a L34 (slo mo) Cally.  You ca't get the use of the Nike from those clubs anyway.  At best the L34 Cally will not rip you so much with the extra spin, and at worst it will save you some money.  

Until you get that distance to the pin under control it really is impossible for anything to be gauged.  

Hope the above helps.

EDIT: Don't take any of that the wrong way please as it is intended to help.  Driving being OK, and 2 putts OK I somehow think the fix must be simple.  Wedges well 22 yards out do you have that yardage ETC ETC ?  Do you have a yardage chart, and what wind calcs do you use.  Something is causing that dist to pin issue and my suspicions are it's an easy fairly mechanical fix.  Now get the dist to pin down (think and easy fix) down and my feeling is the next level will beckon.  Once there and closer etc, scoring more consistently it is a different game.  Until that time I think it can get confusing as it's impossible to start to say what is a WTF in any way that will not just confuse you.  By all means hit me up for a round to shoot the breeze if you have inconsistencies.

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Tue, Apr 8 2014 5:50 PM

Same here Heath

Eagled 10 to go -10, good winds the whole game, then same happened to me...meter started freezing and jumping for the 1st time in months, winds changed, cleared cash didn't help much, still a little jumpy...managed to par 11 12 13 14 with a couple of miracle shots and putts...the meter was so ****** up I saved the game, restarted the browser (I think I even ran ccleaner) and birdied out to shoot -14 for the 3rd f'n time...haven't tried it again yet....

Might work, my meter has not froze up like that in 6 months....smooth as silk after rebooting

• lonniescott711
    4,183 Posts
    Tue, Apr 8 2014 6:21 PM

Know the pain . Bought 2 sleeves of balls the other day . In less than a 1/2 hour , they were gone . Shots were going every where . That was the fastest time that I have ever lost that many balls . Usually 2 sleeves will last me at least 2 weeks . It bites when the game wont let you play your best .

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Tue, Apr 8 2014 7:30 PM

DAZZA501:
    I know this may sound stupid but what i've been doing recently when i'm -8 or -9 through 9 is save and quit the game, shut down the game client window, open in it back up again and then go back to the game. It seems to help with the meter and other dodgy goings on.

^^ Ditto, 

Seems to help with the 'B9 syndrome' and the inevitable meter stutter on #10 o #11 :-)

Maybe some of it is in the mind but clearing cache at that point never hurts.

Andy

• PAGES
RSS