Forums

Help › Forums

Take the "Challenge".........if you dare!

rated by 0 users
Wed, Jun 28 2023 7:41 AM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • AnaNikolaj
    634 Posts
    Tue, Jun 27 2023 1:15 PM

SoCalJim23:
    Though, I think it's interesting to compare the number of "Eagles" & "Double-Eagles" you and I have both recorded.  I'm way ahead of you on BOTH of those categories......and I've been playing with "inferior" clubs & balls for over 5 years. But you have managed to put up a very low "Average"...impressive!

Am I far off in saying you must've played a lot of short tee CC tournaments? 

• Duphpherer
    440 Posts
    Tue, Jun 27 2023 4:50 PM

AnaNikolaj:

Nearly all of socaljim's rounds consist of 18 holes where most here play 9 holes. WGT doesn't designate any difference and both qualify as a round. As such his number of Eagles etc will be sustantially higher ratio when comparing to typical players.    

• SoCalJim23
    420 Posts
    Tue, Jun 27 2023 8:48 PM

Hey DUP.............just an FYI about the "Ranked Rounds" I have played here on WGT.

Over the years.....I have been a member of at least (8) different WGT Country Clubs - even a couple that were the very BEST CC's.  CC's seem to mostly play (9) Hole CC Tournaments.....so I would estimate that 50% of my "Ranked Rounds" have been (9) Holes. And while I was with those different WGT Country Clubs.....I won over 1,000 of the CC Tournaments - playing in all types of conditions.

I haven't been a member of a WGT Country Club for the past 2 years, so I tend to play more (18) Hole WGT Courses - "Ranked Rounds".....than (9) Hole "Ranked" Rounds. 

Trust me.....I earned every "Eagle" & "Double-Eagle" on my STATS. And as I have mentioned before.....I have been playing with pretty much the SAME level clubs and balls for quite some time now......which as you can imagine, would make it a bit more difficult for most players to make "Eagles" & "Double-Eagles".

Regards,

Jim

• Duphpherer
    440 Posts
    Tue, Jun 27 2023 9:18 PM

No, I was just mentioning the fact that while the number of rounds for comparison might be close, the number of actual holes played can be radically different.

I doubt, in my wgt career, that I will ever attain your numbers of DE and Eagles. Good job.  

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Wed, Jun 28 2023 4:55 AM

Duphpherer:

AnaNikolaj:

Nearly all of socaljim's rounds consist of 18 holes where most here play 9 holes. WGT doesn't designate any difference and both qualify as a round. As such his number of Eagles etc will be sustantially higher ratio when comparing to typical players.    

I can see on recent scores why you say this but In fact if I said nearly all socaljim's rounds consist of nine holes I'd be closer although guilty of similar exaggeration. What wgt show us is Jim has taken 282,864 strokes and Ana 421, 455.

To add more detail; Jim has played 76,257 holes and that includes 2,792 18 hole rounds and 2,889 9 hole rounds.  I suppose you could say the majority of his holes have been during 18 hole rounds but nearly all would still be pushing it.

To me it is clear he has played a fair bit of red tee but it doesn't really matter as in the end wgt reduce our "averages" anyway.  I don't play red tee but mine is very artificial through being grandfathered multiple times and currently saturated on 200 rounds (I think that's right, I haven't really paid attention) meaning low scores have more effect than on anyone between Legend and Champion.  Much more in most cases.  

• bwsq
    98 Posts
    Wed, Jun 28 2023 7:41 AM

I dare anyone to come up with a better bunch of friends than Jim!!!

• PAGES
RSS