Forums

Help › Forums

Country Club League - Winter 2012

Wed, Apr 4 2012 1:34 PM (876 replies)
  • MioKontic
    4,602 Posts
    Sat, Dec 17 2011 7:36 AM

Slor

The Academy will be entering definitely one team and possibly two into the free division, still unsure about the 2nd team.  For this reason I cannot name any players at this time.  I will however finalise it all before the season starts.

What is the closing date for entries please?

• Bootsnbra
    2,322 Posts
    Sun, Dec 18 2011 8:03 AM

slor:

Starting January 2012

The country club league will be back in January 2012. This is a call for volunteers to help manage the league (big thanks to briobrio and bootsnbra for their help during the summer!!).

The format of the league this year will consist of two divisions - a free division and a credits division.

See the rulebook for full details

Some tweaks to the playing rules have been made, including:

• League week now begins on a Wednesday
    • Lineups are submitted once, for the whole season, not afresh every week (substitutes are of course allowed at any time)

Changelog

25 Nov - credits division procedure changed to require a new lineup for each league week.

1 Dec - credits division changed to allow Cup, Plate, and Bowl tournaments to reduce mismatches and prevent undue imbalance of credit flows

1 Dec - Dispute resolution section drafted

The free division will run as a swiss system tournament with pre-set 9-hole course and conditions for each round where teams will nominate 5 players for match play. See last summer's competition to see how things ran. I will need 3 scorers to manage the lineups and enter results due to the large number of entries. Clubs may enter as many teams as they wish.

The credits division will run more traditional tournaments with group and knockout stages played home-and-away. Again, teams will nominate 5 players for match play, this time as a challenge match over 18 holes. Wins in the group stage will be earned by credits won, not matches won. Knockout rounds are played over two legs with the winner advancing by aggregate credits won. I will need 1 scorer to assist with the lineups and results for this division. Again, clubs may enter as many teams as they wish.

Opening day is scheduled for Wednesday 11 January.

Team sign-ups are now available

See who has signed up 

Do get in touch with me directly if you think you can commit an hour or two a week to help manage this great competition! Thank you to Lisa03 and doctortom who have stuck up their hand thus far! And to bootsnbra who sounds itching for a return!

slor

hahahaha I just saw that last part on there ( yes I will be glad to pitch in ) ......

• Greyskull5
    794 Posts
    Mon, Dec 19 2011 11:52 AM

Slor

Just to say YBRCC will be entering a few teams just waiting to finalize line ups

Cheers

Grey 

• McMaf70
    20 Posts
    Wed, Dec 21 2011 3:55 PM

when is the last date for sign ups

Cheers Maf

• McMaf70
    20 Posts
    Thu, Dec 22 2011 6:54 AM

United Nations Country Club have put two teams in so far

Cheers Maf

• slor
    902 Posts
    Thu, Dec 22 2011 8:44 AM

McMaf70:

when is the last date for sign ups

Cheers Maf

10 January... hope to see you out there! Momentum building...

• slor
    902 Posts
    Thu, Dec 22 2011 8:45 AM

Any reports of friendly (GB) / preseason (US) games appreciated...

• slor
    902 Posts
    Thu, Dec 22 2011 9:33 AM

FYI, the match results form is up for preseason games... please organise your own games and do play them using the standard 5 v 5 under the league rules. We will try and update the website if we see anything come up...

• slor
    902 Posts
    Fri, Dec 30 2011 6:49 AM

Happy new year to all... signups starting to pick up.

Free division definitely looks like a go!

RSS