1,948 Posts
    Thu, Dec 1 2011 2:54 PM

i miss the 1st edition........

• Bootsnbra
    2,322 Posts
    Fri, Dec 2 2011 8:51 AM

jvr86:

Hi Slor.

May be this can give you an idea on how to solve unplayed matches.

As an owner of a C.C. We have some MP tournaments in wich players must play X amounts of games per week. If the game is not played, I create a tournament on mondays to solve that situation. Tha tournament is free, one day only, and single play. Both player that were not able to set a match need to score there and the best score receive the points. that tournament applies to all unplayed matches and because of the duration players from around the word can post a score in an available time for them.

Inside the C.C is easy to do this. Because you can contro the coditions, game type and duration. Because this is a tournament outside a C.C is kind of harder lol; but may be you can use the Weekly #xx 9 holes single play for this purpose. if any amounts of player cant arrange the game on time ,if they are interested in getting the points, they should play that tournament.

Of course this has a disadvantage... I can avoid playing a tough opponent and wait to play the Tournament hoping for a better condition, my own tee... etc. but may be you can solve this by giving only half point to a win this way... 

I don't know... just an idea that can be developed... because I do think is kind of unfair to lose some points because another player was on vacation or anything like that. It happened to me twice in the Summer league and we lost 2 weeks points because of that.

Any way if you are interested, let me know and I can come with a full idea...

Tks.

Jvr.

At the beginning of the tournament Subs are suppose to be in place. If someone goes on vacation all they have to do is bring a sub forward. There really is no reason for a club not to have their player in place except that they Did not SHOW THE RESPECT of making sure that was taken care of. Even if something happens to that Sub their second sub is suppose to jump in ........ so see why I said there really is no reason for the game not to play out. What happened last time was - players were having to BEG, PLEAD and BICKER to get some players to play and all it did was frustrate the club whose energy was so high and wanting to enjoy the tournament to feeling frustrated and angry.
    These games are suppose to be about golf, fun, building new friendships and sure everyone should feel competitive as a TEAM but by the time some of these teams hit the greens they were so frustrated by having to beg, plead and bicker to get to the green it rocked their emotions and the enjoyment was gone. If the rules are in place and the notification in place there is no need for any of that. It's just Do what you said at the beginning of the tournament and play or forfeit. Simple Stuff lol ....

Hugssssss,

~Bootsie ~

• dbuldge
    6 Posts
    Sat, Dec 3 2011 6:57 AM

Boot you seem to know what you are doing.Is there a way once you start a country club of your own to play in your own Tournaments that you yourself have started as a owner??

I did post this and than i figured it out...Thanks

• Bootsnbra
    2,322 Posts
    Sat, Dec 3 2011 2:13 PM

dbuldge:

Boot you seem to know what you are doing.Is there a way once you start a country club of your own to play in your own Tournaments that you yourself have started as a owner??

I did post this and than i figured it out...Thanks

I have Ruff N Rowdy Country Club and hugss look forward to seeing you on the green!!

• slor
    902 Posts
    Mon, Dec 5 2011 5:43 AM

first 2 teams have signed up this week (see front page!)

• Wesdogg75
    2,431 Posts
    Sun, Dec 11 2011 4:26 PM

Hey Slor I see that this season that lineups will be the same for the whole season, and I reading that correctly?????

The reason I ask is I have submitted 3 teams but have enough players to fill 4 teams exactly, but perfer to just have 3 because inevitably someone is either out of town or just can't play at the same times as their opponent so I wanted to have 4 or 5 extras that I could plug in every once in awhile to get everyone a chance to play or just to use as subs.

Wesdogg

• slor
    902 Posts
    Mon, Dec 12 2011 4:47 AM

The same lineup will be automatically plugged in for each week, but normal substitution rules (as much as you wish!) apply. Remember that once one of your subs has played for a team, he can only play for that team the rest of the season.

Wesdogg75:

Hey Slor I see that this season that lineups will be the same for the whole season, and I reading that correctly?????

The reason I ask is I have submitted 3 teams but have enough players to fill 4 teams exactly, but perfer to just have 3 because inevitably someone is either out of town or just can't play at the same times as their opponent so I wanted to have 4 or 5 extras that I could plug in every once in awhile to get everyone a chance to play or just to use as subs.

Wesdogg

• billcliff
    2,616 Posts
    Mon, Dec 12 2011 5:37 AM

Hi Slor,i have entered my teams but if a stronger player signs up and i want to put him in the A team do i have to submit a new lineup,thanks.

Clive

• slor
    902 Posts
    Mon, Dec 12 2011 6:46 AM

billcliff:

Hi Slor,i have entered my teams but if a stronger player signs up and i want to put him in the A team do i have to submit a new lineup,thanks.

Clive

Please resubmit your lineup and I will use the latest one available.

• billcliff
    2,616 Posts
    Mon, Dec 12 2011 11:15 AM

THANKS

RSS