Forums

Help › Forums

NEW Green Speeds "FAST" ?? "VERY FAST" ??

Sat, Dec 19 2009 1:06 PM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • dorkfeatures
    712 Posts
    Fri, Dec 18 2009 5:17 AM

Hi All,

Has anyone noticed that the "FAST" green speed is now, (with the recent changes) not that fast at all ???

On my first practice round with the new pin placements, the change in the "FAST" green speed was the first thing I noticed. Maybe this NEW "VERY FAST" green speed is the OLD "FAST" ???

Any comments WGT ?? I shot a respectable 68, but the change in the green speed cost me a few shots :-(

Cheers 

Doug

1,644 Posts
    Fri, Dec 18 2009 5:25 AM

dorkfeatures:
    Maybe this NEW "VERY FAST" green speed is the OLD "FAST" ???

I think that may be it... I saw the same thing...

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Fri, Dec 18 2009 6:21 AM

dorkfeatures:
    Has anyone noticed that the "FAST" green speed is now, (with the recent changes) not that fast at all ???

Absolutely. I lost a Ladder 3 match partly because of it. It's an unannounced change, I believe. I was putting towards one of the new Bethpage pin locations, fast green, and where a putt would normally have gone 10 feet, it only went 8.

• birdwell
    561 Posts
    Fri, Dec 18 2009 6:26 AM

"Fast" seems to be just a little bit slower than the old "Fast" and "Very Fast" seems a little bit faster than the old "Fast", but not very "very".

However, the pre-update tourney greens seem to still be the old "Fast" even though the green speed says "Very Fast"

• paulmcm
    449 Posts
    Fri, Dec 18 2009 6:30 AM

C'mon fellas, WGT are far too busy bringing out ludicrously expensive new t-shirts and trousers  to worry about anything as trivial as changing the speed of greens and not telling us!

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Fri, Dec 18 2009 6:40 AM

Birdwell, you are hereby given the Hilarious Post of the Month Award.  

1,644 Posts
    Fri, Dec 18 2009 6:43 AM

I don't know for sure but, I don't think anything has changed with the exception of the terminology... to which there was much confusion before the update.... now it seems a little more consistent from the lobbies to the actual greens, if it says its very fast in the lobby, it will be very fast.... but it's early, we should still keep an eye on it.

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Fri, Dec 18 2009 7:12 AM

if it says its very fast in the lobby, it will be very fast...

The "Very fast" green speed we see now are more true to life to me, and I'm now making a lot more quality putts. As far as I'm concerned, the "Very fast" green speed can be the new "Standard" green speed. The old "Standard" green speed was unrealistic by always leaving putts short. It replicated putting on your front lawn.

How about implementing a stimpmeter in the game?

• GITrDONE
    701 Posts
    Fri, Dec 18 2009 8:28 AM

I really like the new green speeds.They helped me figure out a little trick that really helped my putting.Before the update I would click on the reverse angle and line the putt up then click back to the normal view to putt the ball.The ball rolls about half way then the camera changes the view for the other half of the putt.But after the update I switched the camera to the reverse and left it there to see if I could see the difference in the roll.Putting while in the reverse angle I could watch the whole putt to see how it rolled and held the line.I got a lot of feed back that I hadn't before because now I can see the whole putt from the putter head all the way to the hole.Very,very helpful.I'll be putting in the reverse angle only from now on.Thanks WGT.

Larry

• igiveup
    110 Posts
    Fri, Dec 18 2009 11:39 AM
    I think you'll find the new green speeds are to match the playing conditions displayed prior to clicking Tee Off.... Previously the condition would say Green Speed: Fast and and the actual game speed would show Standard. Green Speed: Very Fast at Tee Off would play as Fast. WGT were advised of this in a thread in Game Bugs,... so maybe its the fix. Have fun everyone
  • PAGES
RSS