Forums

Help › Forums

NEW Green Speeds "FAST" ?? "VERY FAST" ??

Sat, Dec 19 2009 1:06 PM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Fri, Dec 18 2009 2:51 PM

We didn't change the green speeds in this release. However, we did fix the bug where the lobby showed you a different green speed than the actual one displayed in the game.

• sabbath270
    231 Posts
    Fri, Dec 18 2009 3:01 PM

(Then) Why does the December Multi-Round say 'Standard' right now???

What is it really, "Fast"?

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Fri, Dec 18 2009 3:21 PM

It should be Standard (there's different speeds in each round). Let us know if it says Standard in both the lobby and the game. Thanks

• sabbath270
    231 Posts
    Fri, Dec 18 2009 4:30 PM

:( :( :(

What is 'Standard' then?

In practice you can only pick 'Slow' 'Fast' and 'Very Fast'.

Is 'Standard' a fourth unselectable option??

This green speed confusion in the last month is very frustrating, for others I would imagine as well.

• dorkfeatures
    712 Posts
    Fri, Dec 18 2009 11:53 PM

Hi WGTAlex

You didnt change the green speed in this last release ?????????????????????

Well, as I mentioned previously the very first thing I noticed when I got on the greens was the slowness of the greens compared to before the latest release - absolutely no doubt about it - it was really very obvious.

Where normally I would hit the putt to the hole or more likely 2 - 3 ft past the hole - they were ending up 2 ft short !! Until I twigged - then I changed my calcs and my putts started to get to the hole a little more.

I played an 18 holes practice round and I can assure you that the greens indicated "Fast", however they weren't. To my mind they were between the original Standard speed and the original Fast speed.

If you didnt change the green speed Alex - something did?? Now we have the situ where I / we really have no idea what we're going to encounter on the greens until we've hit a few putts - not a happy chappy :-(

Great update by the way :-)

Cheers Doug

• garyk49
    2,313 Posts
    Sat, Dec 19 2009 1:06 PM

Yep first green is a guessing game, no matter what it said either in the lobby or on the actual green.

My redwood used to be 5 feet for slow, 6 feet for standard, 8 feet for fast.  I can still use those numbers, but have another that I have to use at times.  7 feet and 7 1/2 feet are both new ones to use.  So no, there hasn't been any change.

Gary

• PAGES
RSS