Forums

Help › Forums

*** Downtime tonight 9/12/22 ***

Wed, Sep 28 2022 12:13 PM (44 replies)
  • Yiannis1970
    3,270 Posts
    Tue, Sep 13 2022 1:43 PM

Yiannis1970:

I can find and quote the post if you like. Happened when all scores disappeared.

708941.aspx?PageIndex=3

• WGTNico
    622 Posts
    Tue, Sep 13 2022 3:58 PM

We've opened up a ticket for matchplay stats for it to be looked into and hopefully fixed

• MioKontic
    4,599 Posts
    Tue, Sep 13 2022 4:44 PM

WGTNico:

We've opened up a ticket for matchplay stats for it to be looked into and hopefully fixed

Nico - what are the development team doing to stop putting in all these errors in future updates, and then releasing the update with unsatisfactory testing?  And please don't say they don't have the staff to do it - for example, how difficult was it to see that the Score History was suddenly missing all strokeplay rounds?!?  If you don't have the staff to do it, then get the staff.  And if you're not going to get the staff... don't do any more updates unless it's releasing new courses!  The game was a brilliant golf simulation game 10 years ago with everything we wanted/needed; the game is no better now than it was then, but with many more bugs! (Many of us would even argue it is worse now because it's just a cartoon golf game like most other cartoon golf games).

I won't hold my breath for a reply because I've noticed you don't reply to this type of question any more.  However, if we knew they were doing something about all the problems they are creating, then maybe we wouldn't bash them so much.  Like I've said on a few occasions, and in PM's to you, I used to be a programmer, I know what software development is about and how to deliver a quality product.  Quality is nothing more than common sense, something that seems to be lacking in certain quarters of WGT!

• MioKontic
    4,599 Posts
    Tue, Sep 13 2022 4:50 PM

I didn't really want to post again straight away because it may make you bypass the above post, but something I need to ask while it is fresh in my mind...

Regarding player's stats (which, by the way, are a total mish-mash now - who really cares about separating out ranked and non-ranked rounds???), since you have separated out ranked and non-ranked rounds, it means that you must hold all our scores from the first day we played.  And if you hold our scores, why can't we have them all in our Score History too?  (And lack of server space is as bad a reason as the development team not testing the changes they make!)

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,513 Posts
    Tue, Sep 13 2022 4:59 PM

I try not to post anything negative about the company & the game, but I have to strongly agree with Mio here. (Not sayig that what Mio wrote was negative, of course.)

Very well said! I felt as if every single word you wrote was from myself.

• twinponds169
    3,019 Posts
    Tue, Sep 13 2022 5:13 PM

MioKontic:
    what are the development team doing to stop putting in all these errors in future updates, and then releasing the update with unsatisfactory testing?  And please don't say they don't have the staff to do it - for example, how difficult was it to see that the Score History was suddenly missing all strokeplay rounds?!?  If you don't have the staff to do it, then get the staff.  And if you're not going to get the staff... don't do any more updates unless it's releasing new courses!  The game was a brilliant golf simulation game 10 years ago with everything we wanted/needed; the game is no better now than it was then, but with many more bugs! (Many of us would even argue it is worse now because it's just a cartoon golf game like most other cartoon golf games).

Amen

• lonniescott711
    4,183 Posts
    Tue, Sep 13 2022 5:52 PM

I`ve been here playing this game since 2011 just like most of the players in this thread .  Also like them I too am tired of the same old song and dance from WGT . Every update to the game only causes more problems and few fixes .  I have never seen a company so full of incompetent people in my life . 

There are still issues and fixes needed from the flash days which makes no sense . Every month WGT can add things to the game that arent needed but cant fix remaining game issues . Does anyone at WGT understand what Quality Control is and how it works . 

This game has always had the potential to be one of the greatest games ever made . Its a shame that no one at WGT can see further than a bank statement . If management would ever truly get their heads out of their behinds . This game could really become something other than just another money grab .

Nothing else should be done to the game but repairs and fixes . Stop adding worthless garbage to the game and just fix the game .

• AugustWest82772
    45 Posts
    Wed, Sep 14 2022 12:00 AM

The Alternate Stats and Match Pay Stats are gone again.

Why does this happen?  I assume they are coming back?

RSS