Forums

Help › Forums

*** Downtime tonight 9/12/22 ***

Wed, Sep 28 2022 12:13 PM (44 replies)
  • garyk49
    2,314 Posts
    Tue, Sep 13 2022 7:22 AM

Nico, not sure where to put this, so I figured here would be a good place.  Awhile back one of the downtimes took something away from us that most all deemed very important.  What disappeared was added cameras on the Kiawah course.  They were there on the flash version and also on the new version(if I am not mistaken), them poof one day they disappeared with no explanation.  If it was a mistake(glitch) could you look into this and at least let us know, why.

Thanks in advance.

If this has already been addressed and answered, please let me know where the answer is.

• Yiannis1970
    3,270 Posts
    Tue, Sep 13 2022 7:37 AM

DodgyPutter:

Yiannis I fear, as that is not available on the app and is therefore not a mobile thing, it won't be a priority.  I hope I'm wrong.

I hope you are wrong too DP cause my ~11.000 alt and ~3.000 match plays with hundrends of players are more important than every goal/achievement/ball effect or any other circus stuff they like to add. Hope they can understand this simple concept and put them back where they were.

PS

I believe, most people who have spent their time sharing with others this game, feel the same way as i do.

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Tue, Sep 13 2022 8:13 AM

protonc:
    On the site if you go to your awards and then match play, it list total wins. Not the same, but something.

Thanks, you're right though it's not the same.  In fact, it's fairly meaningless without even how many played never mind the other details. 

• WGTNico
    622 Posts
    Tue, Sep 13 2022 8:29 AM

did it just happen, or did it occur when all other past scores went away?

Yiannis1970:

WGTNico:

Hey everyone, 

We will have downtime tonight starting at 10pm PT. Expected downtime is 2 hours.

The downtime will be fixing some issues. Most notably, scoring history will return!

• Return of scoring history - we shouldn't be losing any scores that occurred during these dark times either 

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Tue, Sep 13 2022 8:37 AM

Yiannis1970:
    I believe, most people who have spent their time sharing with others this game, feel the same way as i do.

I know you're right as I imagine wgt do too but it's whether they care or not I'm not so sure about.  I asked Nico why no "achievements" for alt in particular when there are plenty for hitting double bogey, hitting it in the water etc. He suggested the latter were more important as they were available on mobile whereas alt isn't.

• PureGro1
    1,656 Posts
    Tue, Sep 13 2022 9:19 AM

WGTNico:

Been that way since end of August or beginning of September update I believe 

• garyk49
    2,314 Posts
    Tue, Sep 13 2022 9:43 AM

Nico, these people you have doing your programming stink.  When you make a change in a program, you also need to find out what else it has changed, that is not being done!!!

It's one thing to fix a program error, but another entirely to create more problems with the fix, or not actually fixing the entire problem.  These people really aren't fixing much, but they sure do create other problems.

I guess it's called job security, but not good for your customers.  This has been out of Beta for years; we should not still be your testers.

Maybe as a suggestion, run your tests over the internet like we do, not connected directly to the servers hosting the program.

• protonc
    644 Posts
    Tue, Sep 13 2022 9:56 AM

Nico, here’s an example of one still showing. Using SLASHERSASH since he posted in this thread 1st page. Check his Match Play stats that are showing.

https://www.wgt.com/players/slashersas/default.aspx#overlay=stats

• Yiannis1970
    3,270 Posts
    Tue, Sep 13 2022 10:37 AM

WGTNico:

Yiannis1970:

WGTNico:

Hey everyone, 

We will have downtime tonight starting at 10pm PT. Expected downtime is 2 hours.

The downtime will be fixing some issues. Most notably, scoring history will return!

• Return of scoring history - we shouldn't be losing any scores that occurred during these dark times either 

Have posted the same image 2 weeks ago. I can find and quote the post if you like. Happened when all scores disappeared.

• Yiannis1970
    3,270 Posts
    Tue, Sep 13 2022 10:46 AM

DodgyPutter:

Yiannis1970:

I know you're right as I imagine wgt do too but it's whether they care or not I'm not so sure about.  I asked Nico why no "achievements" for alt in particular when there are plenty for hitting double bogey, hitting it in the water etc. He suggested the latter were more important as they were available on mobile whereas alt isn't.

I know what's important for WGT DP, no worries!!

However, last time i checked, WGT was a golf simulation game. Stats are very important to players. Players compete to each other, is called sportsmanship, so stats represent the outcome and useful info of these matches. Did we change into pacman golf and i missed it?

RSS