Forums

Help › Forums

Level 90 "Masters" ???

rated by 0 users
Thu, Oct 20 2011 12:13 PM (20 replies)
  • Dukiedong
    73 Posts
    Tue, Oct 18 2011 3:14 PM

I'm sure it's been discussed before but I need to vent. I play Challenge matches every day and it seems that there is an increasing number of level 90+ "Masters" out there. Their scoring average is around 64 and they can hit all of the shots...yet they can't seem to move up into the tier they belong. I usually beat them in match play so I'm not writing this because I'm angry. The reason is I think it is ruining the game for their fellow Master level competitors in Ready Go tournaments and Challenge matches. I know there is nothing that WGT would CHOOSE to do because they want their money like every business does but I do think that this issue is ruining the game for the honest players. One last thing...I know that there are always exceptions to the rule like maybe some of these players just can't get their scoring average down to where it needs to be to move up a tier...but there are wayyy too many out there for that to be the case.

• PorkyWalrus
    607 Posts
    Tue, Oct 18 2011 4:29 PM

I am slowly moving up to level 90, thus far as a master. You are right, I cannot get my score down to the average to where it would satisfy you. Eventually I should be moving along, as I have Cleveland wedges and the R11 driver, improving my game considerably. Not my fault I'm still a master, blame it on WGT for setting the specific standard to reach the higher tiers.

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Tue, Oct 18 2011 5:14 PM

I am in no way shape or form, trying to hold myself back. I have spent a small fortune on this game trying to move up. I have never played a game for credits, an RG or any other tournament for money. I just can't get over the hump, and damn I am trying. Yes there are fakers on her, but rest assured, I am not one of them. I have a lot of friends on here that I play with, and they see me up and down. I don't think anyone that knows me would consider me one of the baggers. I love to win, but losing doesn't bother me at all. It's all in fun.

• dandaley
    83 Posts
    Tue, Oct 18 2011 6:54 PM

I don't think the level 90 Masters are intentionally trying to dump their averages and not move up. It takes many games to move you average down especially at .02 with a 4 under on 9 holes.  I think once you reach a certain playing level along with a decent average you should automatically be promoted to the next tier.

I personally would be offended if someone were to insinuate I am trying to keep my average down just so I do not reach the next level.  Fact is I have serious hand eye coordination problems at times and the "dinger" bar is too narrow for me to hit most times. Heck at the rate I am going I may be a level 140 TM.  I play a lot and play a lot of good players, anyone who really likes this game wants to get to "legend" but unfortunately there are games that involve "credits" and for certain people that is enough incentive and only incentive not to move up. If you do not play for "credits" then it really does not matter, so perhaps an automatic promotion for those that do RG's and match play challenges regularly once you reach a certain level you move to the next tier.

Enjoy the game Happy golfing!!!

• gsoup
    2,929 Posts
    Tue, Oct 18 2011 8:10 PM

level 90 master here

cant putt over 10 feet

still have fun

cant play for credits

-G

• MentalChaos
    141 Posts
    Tue, Oct 18 2011 9:11 PM

I tend to agree that its a problem seeing as I'm one of those masters who gets screwed out of the deal. In fact I'll probably make Tour Master in a couple of days and I'll be really screwed cause I'm not even a high enough level to buy a driver that goes further than 255 so once I hit the faster greens my long approaches (which is almost all of them) will have no chance of sticking.

• manabouttown11
    573 Posts
    Tue, Oct 18 2011 9:28 PM

I realised back when i was Pro that i would need to advance levels in order to be able to play the higher tees. I am now level 77 Master with an average of 64.15. I have the R9 driver (lvl62) which will last me to level 88 when i can get the R11, G10 irons (lvl59) which i will exchange for the Burner 2.0's at level 79 and the Ghost putter (lvl66) which will last me till level 92. I think i have got it just about right. The change to Tour Master holds no fears for me now. I stopped playing RG's when i moved up to Master because i would be competing against other Masters with all the best gear.

• Pryke
    295 Posts
    Wed, Oct 19 2011 3:36 AM

I don't have a problem with a Level 90+ Master. Once you've hit Master you've played a fair amount of ranked rounds, maybe you get a little bored and start playing more Alt.Shot and Matchplay, then your XP points go up and average stalls. If you see a high level versus, what you believe is, a low tier check out their stats. I played a level 80+ Tour pro and thought uh-oh, checked his stats and his GIR's was 40%. My point, some people struggle, some people don't.

I do, however, have a problem with L40+ Hacks and Level 89 Amateurs

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Oct 19 2011 5:45 AM

renniw52:
    Yes there are fakers on her, but rest assured, I am not one of them.

Did you swear to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth, so help you God? :-D

p.s., I could make a case for you and Gsoup conspiring on something-just haven't figured it out yet.  ;-)

• law4822
    437 Posts
    Wed, Oct 19 2011 5:51 AM

MentalChaos:

I tend to agree that its a problem seeing as I'm one of those masters who gets screwed out of the deal. In fact I'll probably make Tour Master in a couple of days and I'll be really screwed cause I'm not even a high enough level to buy a driver that goes further than 255 so once I hit the faster greens my long approaches (which is almost all of them) will have no chance of sticking.

there is nothin to worry about moving up to TM nothing changes in the game, ur still off the same tees, so u dont need ur longer driver. Its the jump from TM to legend that every one is scared off. I was one my self, scared of the difference in game play and having to learn all the courses again. Saying that now i wouldnt go back to being a TM the game is alot better from the tips and much more satisfying when you have a low score.

Saying that i do think you should be promoted to the next tier once u hit a certain level of experience.

RSS