Help › Forums

Refund Request

Sun, Dec 13 2009 10:22 PM (24 replies)
  • AlaCowboy
    1,321 Posts
    Sun, Dec 13 2009 10:23 AM

Vgolfmaster:

WGTAlex, 

I got a a couple replies to my Emails, but no one is answering my request for a refund. If my Emails are no longer getting through I'll be happy to post them all here so you guys have a chance to reply. 

Let me know what works best for you

Vg

Please send youe emails as emails and don't clutter up the forums. I doubt that anyone in here is interested in reading them.

• seveking
    983 Posts
    Sun, Dec 13 2009 10:28 AM

I think there could be, actually. Plenty of players on here have swing meter problems and any solution given on here may help somebody.

• Vgolfmaster
    68 Posts
    Sun, Dec 13 2009 12:04 PM

Thanks for the lecture SMC, but an online business is no different than a brick and mortar busines. If you don't provide sustomer support, you are doomed to fail. WGT's failure to address these issues and to answer my refund request are a good sign that they have no customer service experience and I will not stand idly bu why they steal peoples money and feel like they have to answer to no one.

I'm persistent, and am willing to use any avenue necessary to see this to the end. It isn't my first time, and won't be the last I am sure.

Do you find it a little curious that this software is still a BETA test version, yet they are charging for equipment like it is a full blown production version?

The standard has already been set, it is WGT that is choosing to ignore it. Obviously you have never held a position or had any advanced education that has shown or taught you the importance of customer service. I'd recommend you NOT attempt any business ventures until you learn this lesson.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Sun, Dec 13 2009 2:45 PM

Vgolfmaster, my opinion is you're only embarrassing yourself.    Requesting money back for having put it in Beta (!) software is ridiculous, and I agree you should stop flooding the forums with this issue. You can discuss it privately with WGT, of course your emails are coming through.

• Vgolfmaster
    68 Posts
    Sun, Dec 13 2009 3:03 PM

Faterson,

If they were interested in addressing this issue, they would have replied to the Emails by now. Perhaps you could go back and look at the dates, and explain why they have not answered in so long? If you  or they can give me a legit reason, I'll be happy to wait for a response via Email. Until then, it is my mission to expose these this poor customer service for whoever wishes to see it.

If I can prevent one person from making the same mistake that I have, then it is worth it for me. If they want to put an end to this public display of their incompetence, there is one very easy way. And if you think I am going to stop with posting on their own forums, you are sadly mistaken as well. They have chosen to ignore the wrong person, and will regret it if I do not get a response. You might be able to tolerate the poor programming and the lack of customer service in addressing the issues here, but when I have my hard earned money in to it and can't even get the decency from WGT to respond to my request, all bets are off as to how far I will go.

I've been there before, and would be happy to offer you some references if you'd like!

Which do YOU think is more embarrassing, charging for beta software which is still in 'development'; or asking for a refund on something that should not have been charged in the first place?

• tibbets
    1,043 Posts
    Sun, Dec 13 2009 3:06 PM

"PLEASE, replies from WGT staff only"

As someone else on here likes to state, Reading is FUN-damental!

It's his thread, let him speak his mind.  Ignoring his request for replies by staff members only and hijacking the thread with your opinions is uncalled for.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Sun, Dec 13 2009 3:35 PM

Public forums are public because they serve for discussions among forum members. If he only wants replies from the WGT staff, he can write to them privately.

Besides, Vgolfmaster has just asked me a question, so I'll reply: I think they are not responding to you because your request for a refund is absurd. If this wasn't Beta software, your request would be OK, but the Greek word Beta, loosely translated into English, means flawed. Buying something clearly labelled as flawed, and then requesting money back because it is flawed, strikes me as absurd.

That's my explanation for why they're not responding, but I wish you the best of luck.  

• Vgolfmaster
    68 Posts
    Sun, Dec 13 2009 3:43 PM

Faterson,

Could you point out the question that was posed to you to warrant your FIRST reply, the one that Tibbets was referencing? You may find it uncalled for to ask for a refund for a BETA software version, but I find it assinine that they charge for the same without as much as  prompt or term of service that it may not behave as expected BECAUSE it is BETA software.

I'm sure you do not see the truth in that, just the same as you will most likely never see the truth in how hypocrtical it is to voice YOUR opinion here, all the while telling someone else not to.

And again, if WGT had addressed my issue in the private E-mails,  which they had ample opportunity to do, it would not have been brought to this forum. Did you go back and look at the dates, or is your mind already made up with no information at all? Getting it yet?

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Sun, Dec 13 2009 4:03 PM

Vgolfmaster:
    Could you point out the question that was posed to you to warrant your FIRST reply [...]?

As I said, the nature of public forums is that anyone may relevantly contribute to any thread without asking anyone for permission.

Vgolfmaster:
    all the while telling someone else not to.

No one is telling anyone to stop contributing. What we were saying is that you posting your email correspondence to the forum constitutes flooding. Private email correspondence doesn't belong in a public forum, period. If I was a moderator here, I would have locked this thread.    You have made your point forcefully, and more than once; I wish you the best of luck, but merely duplicating your request here in post after post doesn't seem useful.

• Vgolfmaster
    68 Posts
    Sun, Dec 13 2009 5:20 PM

Faterson?

Is it YOU that decides what is relevant or is not? If not, I'd recommend that you stop telling me what I should and should not post. If WGT decides differently, that is their choice, but not yours.

And yes, you WERE telling me to stop posting this, and how wrong it was to post a private Email exchange here. Go back and re-read if you have forgotten.

I love how when your argument blows up, you revert back to the openness of the forums, but not until after your argument blows up in your face. If you know the rule of the hole, I suggest you bring it into play.

RSS