Forums

Help › Forums

Refund Request

Sun, Dec 13 2009 10:22 PM (24 replies)
  • Vgolfmaster
    68 Posts
    Sun, Nov 22 2009 11:32 PM

Hi, 

I have tried all of the solutions listed in the above thread and have had no luck getting rid of the swing meter skip. I have also shut off all unnecessary background services, modified my memory allocation within the registry, lowered my resolution and lowered my color depth, all to no avail.

On top of all of this, I have tested this software within Internet Explorer, Firefox, Opera, and Google Chrome, and have seen minimal improvements by using clean installs of the latter three.

I am no longer interested in any more suggestions that are not going to correct the poor programming causing these issues, and want simply for someone from WGT to reply as to how I can be reimbursed for the money that I wasted on upgrading clubs, so that I can revert back to the 'starters'. If this site ever gets beyond this BETA test, and works more efficiently, I will consider another purchase, I cannot however justify the cost of these clubs while seeing my rounds being destroyed at the hands of this poor programming. I would also be interested in getting some feedback on why you are charging for equipment under a BETA software test. Should you not be implementing that AFTER this is tested, and is working properly, so that you do not have these issues?

PLEASE, replies from WGT staff only. Enough of this nonsense, let me have my money and my starter clubs back, please.   

• Wendybabe
    7 Posts
    Mon, Nov 23 2009 3:22 AM

You'll find they won't give your money back and will be very difficult to get answers from. Once they have your money your stuck as thats all they want

• shagman11
    12 Posts
    Mon, Nov 23 2009 5:31 AM
    I tred to warn everyone that this ame is just another internet hustle! Protect your credit card info and other personal information. This game is a fishing program. Besides the game SUCKS!
  • WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Mon, Nov 23 2009 11:48 AM

Hi vgolf, we will follow up with you over email.

• Vgolfmaster
    68 Posts
    Mon, Nov 23 2009 12:55 PM

WGTalex,

I appreciate the offer to follow up and will look forward to your response. As there are apparently many others in this same position, it might be beneficial to address the issue here so that others can see what position WGT takes with this issue.

You may e-mail me at:

vgolfmaster@hotmail.com

if you have already e-mailed, it most likely did not reach me, can you please post the E-mail address that this response will be sent from, so that I may allow it within my mail filters? I will also need you to resend any E-mails already sent to that address.

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Mon, Nov 23 2009 2:33 PM

Hi vgolfmaster, the email will come from members@worldgolftour.com.

• Vgolfmaster
    68 Posts
    Mon, Nov 23 2009 6:13 PM

Got it Alex, and responded

Vg

• Vgolfmaster
    68 Posts
    Sun, Dec 13 2009 12:01 AM

WGTAlex, 

I got a a couple replies to my Emails, but no one is answering my request for a refund. If my Emails are no longer getting through I'll be happy to post them all here so you guys have a chance to reply. 

Let me know what works best for you

Vg

• Vgolfmaster
    68 Posts
    Sun, Dec 13 2009 12:19 AM

Alex,

I decided to post the Emails here, in case you guys aren't getting them, and so everyone else can keep up on this situation. I'm guessing there are others out there who are in the same boat as me and might be looking for some direction, or interested in how your team is handling this customer service issue. If you think this situation is going to go away, you are sadly mistaken. I have made a valid request for a refund, and would like that request to be addressed, please.

FW: Forum Post Follow Up‏

World Golf Tour Customer Service (members@worldgolftour.com)

Sent:

Mon 11/23/09 6:08 PM

To:

vgolfmaster@hotmail.com (vgolfmaster@hotmail.com)

Hi Mark,

Hopefully this message will get through your filters.  Was looking at some of your old forum posts on the same subject, and can I ask if you run an anti virus software or skype in the background while you are playing?  These use a lot of CPU and can make game play less smooth.  But again, as stated in the previous email below, please explain what specific problems you are having and include your computer's specifications.

Thanks,
    WGT
    Sent: Monday, November 23, 2009 11:57 AM
    To: vgolfmaster@hotmail.com
    Subject: Forum Post Follow Up

Hi Mark,

Regarding this post: http://www.wgt.com/forums/t/6462.aspx , please explain what specific problems you are having with WGT in detail, and we will try to work towards a solution.

Thanks,
    WGT

RE: Forum Post Follow Up‏

Mark XXXXXXXX (vgolfmaster@hotmail.com)

Sent:

Mon 11/23/09 7:03 PM

To:

members@worldgolftour.com

Hi,

I understand your need for follow up on this, but also would like to know why no one has yet to address my request for a refund, and to revert back to the starter clubs. While my reasons for this request are numerous, even if my only reason for this request was because I disagree with your charging of equipment fees for a Beta version of this software, this should be enough justification for you to address this request.

My system specs are as follows:

Intel Dual Core Pentium D 2.66 Ghz processor
    Dell DM051 motherboard
    3Gb DDR2 (533Mhz) SDRAM
    Nvidia GeForce 8800GT GPU (512 MB)
    Running on ATT DSL (Mb)

As stated in forums, I have tried Internet Explorer, Firefox, Opera, and Google Chrome, and have adjusted all settings locally and for flash according to your sites suggestions. I do have anti-virus software running, but have also tested this by shutting down all open software and stopping all unnecessary services, as was also stated in the forums. I have even ran this in safe mode with network support just to test, and still received the same 'stutter' and 'skip' of the swing meter. I have also makes registry adjustment for memory allocation and page file adjustments and utilization, which should not be necessary, and they have also not helped this situation.

I am unsure why none of these issues are being addressed within your programming, and why this feedback is not being considered more seriously, as there are numerous posters on the forums who seem to have the same issues even after following your recommendations. I simply can not understand, from a customer service aspect, why you are so unwilling to address the issue of a refund. While it certainly is not a desired situation, the fact that people are requesting refunds should be an indication that there are numerous users who are unhappy with your product. This should also prompt you to wish to satisfy those customers requests before you lose them for good, and should also prompt you to want to address these issues in order to correct them. This is BETA software, and the true intention of BETA software is to let users test it so that improvements can be made. This appears to be an important step that you have left out of the development process, and it at least appears that you are simply satisfied taking money from users for using a BETA test program, with no customer service steps in place to address dis-satisfied customers. This does not bode well for any company who wishes to stay in business long term.

It is very clear to anyone with any programming experience that your software renders far too much graphically during the swing process, a process that should be handled locally on the users machine, with no communication to the WGT servers, until the swing is completed. The flags moving in the wind, the clock countdown, and any other animation should be suspended and handled locally on the users computer until the swing has been completed, and only then should this data be sent bac to the WGT servers. You are trygin to run this software on the same level that a playstation or Xbox game would render, and it simply can not work in an online environment.

Mark

World Golf Tour Customer Service (members@worldgolftour.com)

Sent:

Tue 11/24/09 4:06 PM

To:

Hi Mark,

Thank you for the information.  We're trying to figure out what the problem could be here.  The swing meter is, in fact, rendered on your local machine.  So that we can have a better idea of the severity and type of problem you are seeing, do you see the meter stutter on every shot or only occasionally?  Does it happen when you're on the green or hitting from the fairway?

Also, I have read your forum posts about the different things you've tried to alleviate the stutter, and would like to know if you've also  tried turning the putting grid, avatar rotation, reflections, friend invitations and background loading to OFF in the game menu.  Setting the Flash Quality to Low might also help (i believe you said you had it on high in a post).

Please let us know when and how often this stuttering occurs, and try the above recommendations if you haven't yet and we'll take it from there.

Thanks,
    WGT

Sent:

Wed 11/25/09 12:22 AM

To:

members@worldgolftour.com

Hi again,

Not just trying to focus on the negative, but the stutter happens on almost every game that I play. There are some times it is minimal, and some times the site is virtually unplayable. It seems to happen more when I am playing with members from outside the US, but I have enough issues when this isn't that case to blame it solely on that.

I also do not see any consistency on where  the stutter occurs, as it is sometimes on drives, sometimes on putts, and sometimes from the fairway/rough.

The only consistent behavior that I have seen that might help as far as troubleshooting is that once it starts, it never goes away, and typically gets gradually worse. If this swing meter is rendered locally, which I am not convinced of, there should be no data sent back to the WGT servers until the swing is complete. If that is the case, then you must be storing the swing data somewhere on the users machines. If you are not clearing this data before every shot, this might be a cache or buffering issue.

I have also turned off all of the options in the game menu, including the advanced options, and have tried different settings for flash, all resulting in the same behavior.

Will someone be offering me an answer in regards to my refund request? I understand and am grateful that you wish to address this and correct it if possible, but I simply do not want to wait for this to be addressed and do not agree with me being charged for this upgrade within a BETA test environment. If you correct this and it is addressed within the full release of your software I will reconsider, but I have no interest in keeping these clubs until then, and would appreciate a refund, and a reversion back to the standard 'starters'.

Vgolfmaster  

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Sun 12/06/09 11:50 AM
    To: members@worldgolftour.com
    Hi, I sent this reply on November 25, and have yet to hear a reply from you. I am resending this in case it got lost:

Hi again,

Not just trying to focus on the negative, but the stutter happens on almost every game that I play. There are some times it is minimal, and some times the site is virtually unplayable. It seems to happen more when I am playing with members from outside the US, but I have enough issues when this isn't that case to blame it solely on that.

I also do not see any consistency on where  the stutter occurs, as it is sometimes on drives, sometimes on putts, and sometimes from the fairway/rough.

The only consistent behavior that I have seen that might help as far as troubleshooting is that once it starts, it never goes away, and typically gets gradually worse. If this swing meter is rendered locally, which I am not convinced of, there should be no data sent back to the WGT servers until the swing is complete. If that is the case, then you must be storing the swing data somewhere on the users machines. If you are not clearing this data before every shot, this might be a cache or buffering issue.

I have also turned off all of the options in the game menu, including the advanced options, and have tried different settings for flash, all resulting in the same behavior.

Will someone be offering me an answer in regards to my refund request? I understand and am grateful that you wish to address this and correct it if possible, but I simply do not want to wait for this to be addressed and do not agree with me being charged for this upgrade within a BETA test environment. If you correct this and it is addressed within the full release of your software I will reconsider, but I have no interest in keeping these clubs until then, and would appreciate a refund, and a reversion back to the standard 'starters'.

Vgolfmaster   

• SMC1967
    41 Posts
    Sun, Dec 13 2009 5:40 AM

INterNet WaRning: JFYI

if you pay for online gaming; you should know your giving away your money. the burden falls on you to make sure your spending your money wisely.  If someone finds it justifiable to refund your money - go buy a lottery ticket that day.

Just trying to help you set the standard so folks wont be disappointed going forward.

RSS