Forums

Help › Forums

Coronavirus

Wed, Mar 25 2020 6:09 AM (173 replies)
  • Agassi1991
    777 Posts
    Tue, Mar 17 2020 5:56 PM

I really think USA and Great Britain and many other countries will face the same

history as Italy and China.

Peter

• Miantiao
    401 Posts
    Tue, Mar 17 2020 7:40 PM

YankeeJim:
    The common flu also has vaccinations and OTC remedies. Nobody knows anything about this one, least of all how to avoid it other than by doing what everybody's doing.

True. however virology research centres in a few countries will begin human trials in the coming weeks. According to reports my guess is a vaccine will be available to the public within the coming two to three months. 

Had access been granted to China to research the virus, and had China been honest and open about the virus from the earliest emergence in November last year this whole sad debacle could have been avoided. They arrested and gagged the doctors and citizen journos who sounded the alarm and reported on the real situation as it was happening. 

Funny thing is now western mainstream media are swallowing the propaganda narrative coming out of Chinese official channels and facilitated by the WHO that the world should be grateful to China for their efforts to contain the virus.  

Human disingenuity and the lengths regimes will go to for self preservation and face knows no bounds.  

• donsprintr
    2,063 Posts
    Tue, Mar 17 2020 9:03 PM

Miantiao:

The way the narrative coming out of China is progressing it would appear the virus didn’t come from the Seafood (as well as dogs, cats, koalas etc) market.

Recent leaked information states the first infected people had no contact with the market, or people who had been to the market.

A directive has been issued for all documents to be destroyd as a result.

This info is available through independent media on platforms such as YouTube.

Many non-Chinese virologists are suggesting a leak from a virology lab in Wuhan.

If so, the implications are clear: Why would they be developing such a virus?

As such it makes sense to begin pointing fingers at others, such as the US military.

If the bolded part is true ... that's just horrible for posterity ... destroying historical documents ensures that murkiness covers the truth of things ...

And it allows propagandists to have a heyday ...

• micheldess
    819 Posts
    Tue, Mar 17 2020 9:55 PM

Against an epidemic or a pandemic the best solution is the lockdown and to be serious with that for 2, 3 months.

In China, they have to try that solution at the end of January because they where the first country to have so many cases of the virus and the solution work great

So  now it's more easy for the world, they now that solution is the best.

I'm from belgium but i live in france since 2 years. Both countrys are on a lockdown since one day. I'm very confident that in the beginnng of May the numbers of cases per days will pass from more than thousand a day now in france to less than 100 in May because of the lockdown and in the beginning of June even way less cases.

I'm worries for UK because for now they seems to not follow the lockdown strategy, they take very big risk right now; But i'm sure they will understand in a fews days or a week that the lockdown is the only solution for them too to avoid massives cases and massives deaths in the future.

I hope my english is not to bad to understand, because my english still weak. 

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,526 Posts
    Tue, Mar 17 2020 9:58 PM

Miantiao:

Now we’re really getting into conspiracies...

There’s a few good ones doing the rounds concerning the Wuhan Pneumonia, some centuries old, some brand new.

My advice, hold on to stocks if you own them because a little birdy tells me there’s nowhere to go now but up from here, and it may happen sooner than people think.

The common flu kills roughly the same percentage of those infected. Once people begin to come to terms with this fact there may be a chance of purchasing toilet paper on a regular basis as needed.

The biggest fallout from this whole episode will be governments rethinking supply of manufactured goods and components, particularly pharmaceuticals and their precursor chemicals which are mostly based in China. The world can’t rely on one nation for their manufactured goods.

Tarrifs are here to stay, and corporations will need to rethink the strategy of putting all their eggs in one basket chasing the proverbial pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.

Governments will begin to pass national security legislation ensuring adequate manufacturing of certain goods essential to national security and the well being of citizens be manufactured in their own countries.

The sad part in all this is that it has taken a viral pandemic for people to wake up.

Agreed.

Actually, I invest in the stock market, have been reserving capital and getting ready for this decennial cycle of financial crisis since 2017. It's overdue as it is happening now, I thought it'd happen earlier, around 2018-2019. I wasn't the only one though, many anticipated this. Nobody (maybe except Bill Gates) knew, however, it would involve a pandemic this time around and be this devastating. And the worst part is this is only the beginning, and no one knows how much worse it can possibly get, how it will evolve or affect furthermore in the future.

No, I'm not trying to get into conspiracies nor saying all this is a pure coincidence nor arguing that this is happening in a perfectly accurate 10-year or 100-year cycle. All I wanted to say is there is a phenomenon that can be seen as a cycle, and it is a part of the economics. It just saddens me that I even have to explain all this for the artificionados who are incapable of comprehending the nuance and irony.

When asked to look at a star, there are ALWAYS people saying the finger pointing at the star is ugly, rather than focusing on the star itself!

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Tue, Mar 17 2020 11:42 PM

u

Agassi1991:

I really think USA and Great Britain and many other countries will face the same

history as Italy and China.

Peter

I agree Peter, i’m English and live in France, we are in lockdown, ive just seen our morning news and over 1000 cases in the last 24 hrs. Now in England the PM gave a news conference a few days ago, the UK government really don’t have a clue what they have to do, until last night people were still allowed to mingle.

Bad times ahead for the UK i’m afraid!

• gonfission
    2,234 Posts
    Wed, Mar 18 2020 9:57 AM

For all you NON conspirers,

NOTHING IS ACCIDENTAL

Not 1 thing ever happened in your life, due to a true accidental nature, or incident.

All things leading up the so called ACCIDENT,  were responsible......

----------------------<*{{{{{-(

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Wed, Mar 18 2020 3:06 PM

Over 100 deaths in the UK today and in Italy over 450 deaths in 24 hours. God help us all.

• bypass07
    1,360 Posts
    Wed, Mar 18 2020 3:51 PM

Don't worry about it I bet a Trump University graduate figures this out first.

• Duckster789
    534 Posts
    Wed, Mar 18 2020 9:42 PM

Please leave politics out of this.

RSS