Forums

Help › Forums

Coronavirus

Wed, Mar 25 2020 6:09 AM (173 replies)
  • TyMacni
    1,573 Posts
    Sun, Mar 15 2020 9:27 PM

craigswan:

I read that the chinese are blaming the us military for starting this with a release from a laboratory .

I equate this with - a person farting in a group of people, then directing blame to some one else.

• Miantiao
    401 Posts
    Sun, Mar 15 2020 10:03 PM

craigswan:

I read that the chinese are blaming the us military for starting this with a release from a laboratory .

At first they were pushing the narrative that the virus emerged from a seafood market in Wuhan.

Then there came leaks of documents that state the first victims of the virus had no exposure whatsoever to the seafood market.

A directive has been distributed ordering documents that can prove a cover up be destroyed.

The earliest alarm was sounded in November, that doctor is now dead after first being punished, and then made a hero once news went public he raised the alarm bells in early December.

There were already rumours of a new virus doing the rounds in Wuhan in December, many fled, to places like Iran, Italy and elsewhere throughout the world and within China.

The question to ask is why would the Chinese government change the narrative to suggest the US military deliberately released the virus in Wuhan?

It would appear logical to conclude that the virus in fact escaped from a virology research lab in Wuhan connected with the Chinese military and the seafood market narrative a cover up.

It’ll all come out eventually. 

Yes, the world now has to work together to fight this virus and develop a vaccine, but to neglect to ask questions and bring those responible to account would be a crime against humanity. 

As it stands there may very well be legal grounds to sue for compensation, not just the billions of dollars lost, but for lives lost and personal suffering.

• LuckySkreet
    611 Posts
    Sun, Mar 15 2020 11:41 PM

Miantiao:

The way the narrative coming out of China is progressing it would appear the virus didn’t come from the Seafood (as well as dogs, cats, koalas etc) market.

Recent leaked information states the first infected people had no contact with the market, or people who had been to the market.

A directive has been issued for all documents to be destroyd as a result.

This info is available through independent media on platforms such as YouTube.

Many non-Chinese virologists are suggesting a leak from a virology lab in Wuhan.

If so, the implications are clear: Why would they be developing such a virus?

As such it makes sense to begin pointing fingers at others, such as the US military.

Just an opinion........

I certainly won't / don't subscribe to any "Conspiracy Theory".......... but.....  to think weaponizing disease is beyond the purview of people is simply.........silly.   Larger, industrialized nations have the means and capital to experiment with such at will.......  and when people play dangerous games......expect dangerous results.

Personally.....   I don't think this crap was initiated by some "generic" person, having a sidewalk dish of bat-fried-rice.............       

• Bowl64
    3,087 Posts
    Sun, Mar 15 2020 11:57 PM

All the best everyone, where the virus originated from remains to be seen. I think.

Bjorn

• Tony08888
    568 Posts
    Mon, Mar 16 2020 3:10 AM

@Robert1893

Tony08888:

Robert1893:

Only thing is this Twitter account posted this last night and is getting roasted for it.

"Downtown Nashville is undefeated" 

https://twitter.com/SportsPundette/status/1239054374791512064

Yep that’s the locals. The freaks come out at night. Lol. By then I’ve already woken up three times to pee.

Somebody important must’ve seen the video because it’s on the news this morning and the Mayor is making Broadway shutdown. Tootsies is the only bar fighting it.

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Mon, Mar 16 2020 5:19 AM

Tony08888:
    The headline says “Elderly people could soon be urged to "reduce social contact" to avoid coronavirus infection, Scotland's chief medical officer has said.” 

Go get him now, while they are talking about what might happen! 

I'm not sure quoting that alone is really being helpful.

Dr Calderwood told the BBC: "We would ask the over 70s to reduce their social contacts by about 75%.

"That will mean though that they probably will increase their family contacts or close friend contacts, who would be able to bring them food, and also prescriptions if they needed that, take them to hospital appointments."

The advice might include avoiding visits to places such as pubs or bingo halls but visits from family or neighbours could continue.

So unless you're an over 70 who likes to drink your bingo winnings in the pub, more visits from friends and family could be good (depends I suppose).

• craigswan
    31,005 Posts
    Mon, Mar 16 2020 8:17 AM

Father-in-law suffers from dementia .

He went for his usual meal with other old people today .

We got a phone call from one of the organisers to ask .

He told them we had just come back from germany and he had to self isolate as world war two was about to start .

And then he asked them as he stays in a house with 20 ghosts would it be all right to drink from his drinks bottle as he had no idea how many of them had touched it first .

• twinponds169
    3,019 Posts
    Mon, Mar 16 2020 8:46 AM

And I step deeper and deeper into an old episode of The Twilight Zone. If I see Rod Serling in front of me I'm gonna start screaming out loud.

Now all restaurants, gyms, movie theaters and bars are ordered closed here in NY State and the neighboring state of New Jersey has enacted an 8 PM curfew.

• JimbeauC
    5,835 Posts
    Mon, Mar 16 2020 2:20 PM

My wife's latest book (2018) concerns a bio-terror attack on the US. Of course the virus was much deadlier in the fiction and was deliberately spread. Her fictionalized account of the reactions is eerily accurate. 

• Tony08888
    568 Posts
    Mon, Mar 16 2020 3:40 PM

JimbeauC:

My wife's latest book (2018) concerns a bio-terror attack on the US. Of course the virus was much deadlier in the fiction and was deliberately spread. Her fictionalized account of the reactions is eerily accurate. 

Will Smith’s movie I am Legend keeps coming to mind.

RSS