Forums

Help › Forums

WGT is coming to Steam Early Access! *UPDATED*

Sat, Jul 9 2022 5:35 AM (113 replies)
  • maoriand1
    1,279 Posts
    Tue, Apr 14 2020 12:56 PM

i just downloaded the steam version..

no update.. it s the same identical version of the pcea released in this forum.  

-always a poor graphic (i mean avatar).

- the size of the window is still the same.. or  1366x768 or full screen ... i have a 27 inch monitor.. full screen hide everything.. 1366x768 is too small for this screen.  the botton to select the size i want is locked.   

- the dots are mouving ridicolous.. in lot of putts is simply impossible read the breaks..it s just a bet.  

- no indication of the distance on the minimap

-the wind icon is too small. 

- there s no reverse view in the alternate game or mp or every game played in muliplayer

- for the apparel we need an option that can immediately stop the use of the apparels. without i need desable one by one everytime.  if i want play one alternate with the apparel and one without i need a botton in the option. 

- the chat window is too big. it cover all the screen and lot of time it simply stuck and it s not possible open it.  sometime the same msg is repeated by 3 times.. 

- i can t change the status and i have to use the main website to change my status from green to red or hide it.

-  when i try to open a game multiplayer i see every friend available and it s not.. so i need open the website to check who is available for real.  must be changed. 

- where in the flash game is 2025% lie in the NV is 2530%. 

- sometime if i m in the sand i can t see the reverse view ..i only can see the view of the avatar or the hight view of the green. it would be usefull see the reverse too.. in lot of courses i found this problem. 

- the reverse view on putting when we play mp or alternate would be great... sometime it shows me the putting line of my opponent but not always. sometime yes and other times no. 

- the anticheating is not running but it s ok..u will add it according with steam and in everycase run an anticheat and leave this flash version active and hackble have no sense. u already know it.. no need a reply. everyone know that. 

this is an example... rg 300 cr on chambers.... explain me how to get this shot looking this front view..  

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Thu, Apr 16 2020 8:16 AM

maoriand1:

this is an example... rg 300 cr on chambers.... explain me how to get this shot looking this front view..  

That's not a problem that's indigenous to PCEA.  Flash version gives you views sometimes that you can't do anything with.  Sometimes there's not a picture taken that gives you the proper view.

• Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Thu, Apr 16 2020 8:23 AM

kavvz:
    That's not a problem that's indigenous to PCEA.  Flash version gives you views sometimes that you can't do anything with.  Sometimes there's not a picture taken that gives you the proper view.

Although that's true enough I've never understood why so many camera angles present in the flash game are missing in the PCEA/Steam version. Presumably that's because they aren't in the mobile version either, but why?

• borntobesting
    9,628 Posts
    Thu, Apr 16 2020 8:28 AM

How do you know the anti cheating isn’t running? Just because it does’t  say it is. You know they might not say it’s running so they can catch the cheaters unaware

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Thu, Apr 16 2020 8:33 AM

borntobesting:

How do you know the anti cheating isn’t running? Just because it does’t  say it is. You know they might not say it’s running so they can catch the cheaters unaware

If you go to a game's Steam main page, it usually says if its VAC enabled or not.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1182020/WGT_Golf/

vs

https://store.steampowered.com/app/42700/Call_of_Duty_Black_Ops/

Scroll down and on the right hand side it'll list a game's features.

• maoriand1
    1,279 Posts
    Thu, Apr 16 2020 9:44 AM

i play in other games in steam and usually when i launch a game like pubg i can see a mini window that informs me that an anti-cheating system is running . 

@kavzz

do u think  they should leave the flash player version  still on to play ready go or every tournaments for credits?  i don t understand the sense to have 2 diff versions to play the same cr tournaments.  1 with an anticheating system and another one totally free. 

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Thu, Apr 16 2020 9:59 AM

maoriand1:

i play in other games in steam and usually when i launch a game like pubg i can see a mini window that informs me that an anti-cheating system is running . 

@kavzz

do u think  they should leave the flash player version  still on to play ready go or every tournaments for credits?  i don t understand the sense to have 2 diff versions to play the same cr tournaments.  1 with an anticheating system and another one totally free. 

If they secure WGT on Steam with VAC, they have to say goodbye to the flash version.  Can't have some people on Steam having their machines scanned for known cheats/expoits, and others on flash doing whatever they please.

• Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Thu, Apr 16 2020 10:06 AM

Why cant they incorporate the anti cheat on the stand alone version. Like I said before  I will not play on steam do to the way it plays different for me. 

Meter is the main reason, along with other differences.

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Thu, Apr 16 2020 10:15 AM

They can't use VAC unless the game is run via the Steam client.

• maoriand1
    1,279 Posts
    Thu, Apr 16 2020 10:39 AM

Woodoworkery:

Why cant they incorporate the anti cheat on the stand alone version. Like I said before  I will not play on steam do to the way it plays different for me. 

Meter is the main reason, along with other differences.

i downloaded and i m playing the steam launcher and it s the same.. identical to the standalone version released here.. what kind of problem do u have?

RSS