Forums

Help › Forums

CAN SOMEONE EXPLAIN THIS "BOT" SCORING HISTORY??

Fri, Mar 4 2022 10:13 AM (33 replies)
  • WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Thu, Jan 9 2020 8:21 AM

Richdaman:

And have come up with a theory. WGT seeds the challenges with players that they have created. They are real people but are working for WGT in a "goon squad" kind of way.  WGT knows how long you play a room and if they think it's been too long, they'll alert the Goon Squad and one (or many) of their "members" will start playing, creating situations like an unplayable but very short putt, false yardage displaying for clubs, or even a misplaced cart path.  They do this to discourage you so you'll move to a room higher up where more of the Goon Squad is there waiting to defeat you.  You lose coins rapidly and will be forced to purchase more.  It's a money game in favor of WGT.

Yeah. None of that is true. 

_CHAMPION 

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Thu, Jan 9 2020 8:26 AM

Richdaman:
    So later on last night, I stayed in the Casablanca room and could only get opponents with shady histories and stats. And have come up with a theory. WGT seeds the challenges with players that they have created. They are real people but are working for WGT in a "goon squad" kind of way.  WGT knows how long you play a room and if they think it's been too long, they'll alert the Goon Squad and one (or many) of their "members" will start playing, creating situations like an unplayable but very short putt, false yardage displaying for clubs, or even a misplaced cart path.  They do this to discourage you so you'll move to a room higher up where more of the Goon Squad is there waiting to defeat you.  You lose coins rapidly and will be forced to purchase more.  It's a money game in favor of WGT.

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Thu, Jan 9 2020 8:38 AM

• daveparr
    1,175 Posts
    Thu, Jan 9 2020 9:08 AM

Richdaman:
    Goon Squad is there waiting to defeat you.  You lose coins rapidly and will be forced to purchase more.  It's a money game in favor of WGT.

Is this Guy for Real LOL

• MGB01
    1,469 Posts
    Thu, Jan 9 2020 9:59 AM
    daveparr:

Richdaman:
    Goon Squad is there waiting to defeat you.  You lose coins rapidly and will be forced to purchase more.  It's a money game in favor of WGT.

Is this Guy for Real LOL

funny........very very funny.....
  • MarchieB
    1,525 Posts
    Thu, Jan 9 2020 10:29 AM

Richdaman:
    Goon Squad is there waiting to defeat you.

Thank You Richdaman ... I needed a good laugh this morning 😂  

The players who have 150 AVG’s and no score history or stats but have advanced up in the tiers are players who only play Mobile H2H coin room games. The coin games do not count or show up in a players stats or in their score history. However WGT still has to promote those players so there is some type of algorithm to calculate those players advancing in tiers based on their H2H stats.

• MarchieB
    1,525 Posts
    Thu, Jan 9 2020 10:47 AM

NOW BACK TO THE OP ...

I don’t believe this is a BOT, and playing an 18 hole round of maxed out strokes is easily and relatively quickly done simply by taking tee shots directly to the left or right on tee box resulting in an either “out of bounds” or “lost ball”. Each stroke counts as 2 strokes because of the subsequent dropped ball. So it would only take 5 strokes to achieve 9. I timed this and it only takes about 45 seconds for each hole. So you could arguably do this over an 18 hole course in approx 15 mins = 4 rounds an hour. 

Whether this is morally or ethically right is questionable, but, assuming it being done manually by playing, I don’t see any “rules” being broken by doing this. 

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Thu, Jan 9 2020 11:18 AM

• MCalderon402
    348 Posts
    Thu, Jan 9 2020 12:12 PM

They use an emulator and record the player playing 18 hole custom course to get water boy award and then max XP for themselves and could also be the CC. They then simply press play and walk away. 

Some players who know how WGT works would do it. We have seen a number of suspended/banned players who do that tactic and then get caught again because of their big mouths and they reach level of 100 plus in a matter of a couple of weeks. 

WGT has been pretty good at catching them, deleting and removing those accounts as many of us who play mobile have noticed over the last few months that suspicious accounts get banned specially in wars when they post a few hundred million and no ones plays them in coin rooms. Specially given those newly formed accounts know what clubs to join and what to do to get access to clubs, etc. 

• JDGHOST
    6,784 Posts
    Thu, Jan 9 2020 2:25 PM

MCalderon402:

They use an emulator and record the player playing 18 hole custom course to get water boy award and then max XP for themselves and could also be the CC. They then simply press play and walk away. 

Some players who know how WGT works would do it. We have seen a number of suspended/banned players who do that tactic and then get caught again because of their big mouths and they reach level of 100 plus in a matter of a couple of weeks. 

WGT has been pretty good at catching them, deleting and removing those accounts as many of us who play mobile have noticed over the last few months that suspicious accounts get banned specially in wars when they post a few hundred million and no ones plays them in coin rooms. Specially given those newly formed accounts know what clubs to join and what to do to get access to clubs, etc. 

Finally Clarification !!!! TY MC I apologize for my incorrect word usage "BOT" Just to clear the record I never thought for a moment that there was a non human behind this😁   ...After reading MC's response and doing follow up research on "Gaming emulators"  THAT was what I was suggesting is going on!....Either way apparently this happens and so be it...It does in my opinion hurt the integrity  of this game...And this is apparently "Encouraged" in this instance as there are multiple offenders from the same "place"..

EITHER WAY I CALL SHENANIGANS!! LOL

RSS