Forums

Help › Forums

CAN SOMEONE EXPLAIN THIS "BOT" SCORING HISTORY??

Fri, Mar 4 2022 10:13 AM (33 replies)
  • Dave33200
    2,932 Posts
    Thu, Jan 9 2020 4:11 AM

I went back a few weeks to check on a person who plays a lot of rounds in the clash. This person logged in more that 80 rounds in one 24-hour period. That’s 40 rounds on an 18-hole course. This person does it all the time in clashes.

Now, take a rock ball, hitting into the water on a custom course with (or without) seed boost, they can easily do 25 rounds in a 24-hour period, with plenty of time to do more. On 1-6-20 from the pic in the first post the most I seen 25 rounds in a 24-hour period.

I still don’t know what the advantage is? Looks to me like they are wanting to buy better clubs & balls. But without knowing who it is that’s just a guess.

Dave.

• JDGHOST
    6,774 Posts
    Thu, Jan 9 2020 5:32 AM

First off the person is way over a level 195 and is not alone in the particular Country club in these scoring history's ...So its clearly NOT equipment driven UNLESS....Does the "Appearance" of playing that often and scoring a ton of XP's Daily have something to do with "Free" stuff on the mobile format??...Let me explain...I was recently told by a friend "Hey JD...you have to log on the Mobile game" ...Knowing I am strictly a PC player I asked him why? He continued to tell me he logged on "Mobile" for the first time in 5 months and BOOM was given no less than 4 sleeves of various GOOD balls... like 14 days of the XP ultra boost bottles and some 40 CC passes along with all the mobile "Corn-ball" stuff (apparel this and that and shoes etc......) Needless to say I followed his advice logged on mobile for maybe the 2nd time in years....And low and behold "Christmas"!! ...Still having no clue why this happened but(and I'm spit-balling here) Maybe this has something to do with XP build up ?? Or as I play a lot...  just many rounds played  a player is rewarded better on Mobile??

But my real concern is(or was) If someone has the ability to Run ANY program regardless the intent (Because I agree just to level themselves and/or their club up is quite silly and irrelevant and I could careless) is something that is concerning....

JD

• twinponds169
    3,018 Posts
    Thu, Jan 9 2020 5:42 AM

Dave33200:
    I still don’t know what the advantage is? Looks to me like they are wanting to buy better clubs & balls. But without knowing who it is that’s just a guess.

Could just be an overwhelming desire for the club you run to be #1 on the cc leaderboards.

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Thu, Jan 9 2020 5:47 AM

• twinponds169
    3,018 Posts
    Thu, Jan 9 2020 5:49 AM

JDGHOST:
    continued to tell me he logged on "Mobile" for the first time in 5 months and BOOM was given no less than 4 sleeves of various GOOD balls... like 14 days of the XP ultra boost bottles and some 40 CC passes along with all the mobile "Corn-ball" stuff (apparel this and that and shoes etc......) Needless to say I followed his advice logged on mobile for maybe the 2nd time in years....And low and behold "Christmas"!! ...Still having no clue why this happened

JD, those gifts were rewarded because you spent the required amount of credits during the "Tap In" promotion that WGT ran at that time. I think you had to log on to mobile to activate the rewards, or something like that.

• BHenke2
    397 Posts
    Thu, Jan 9 2020 5:52 AM

JDGHOST:
    He continued to tell me he logged on "Mobile" for the first time in 5 months and BOOM was given no less than 4 sleeves of various GOOD balls... like 14 days of the XP ultra boost bottles and some 40 CC passes along with all the mobile "Corn-ball" stuff (apparel this and that and shoes etc......)

This was because of the WGT promotion they had going on for spending credits. The only way you could redeem the awards was by logging on to the mobile app or the new pc version. So if you had been spending credits during the promotion you were getting these rewards whether you knew it or not. 

JDGHOST:
    First off the person is way over a level 195 and is not alone in the particular Country club in these scoring history's ...So its clearly NOT equipment driven

For unknown reasons some people who play this game are under the impression that gaining a lot of XP is some kind of remarkable achievement. And what is worse is these people are convincing and encouraging lower tiered players who join their clubs to do the same thing. It is quite funny (and sad at the same time) to see people waste their time and money chasing something that has absolutely no meaning after Level 102. 

• MGB01
    1,469 Posts
    Thu, Jan 9 2020 5:59 AM

well if in fact these players are using the method mentioned above to gain xp points for their cc....then i cannot judge somebody for that.....if they are happy in what they are doing then all i can say is.....happy golfing lol

• Dave33200
    2,932 Posts
    Thu, Jan 9 2020 6:24 AM

Yes, that was the Tap in rewards. I give a few prizes in my club for different tourneys and such and when I logged in to mobile, I got them as well.

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Thu, Jan 9 2020 7:16 AM

Some people obviously have macro bot their way up in levels. It obviously happens.

There's a guy that was in the top 10 in earnings last month. Who made level 100 or more in three months. 

Started in  september and is 102 now. Anyone with a brain knows he ran a bot to get there. The rules specifically say can't automate playing the game.

But it's obvious and WGT didn't do anything about that guy. so apparently it's ok.

• Richdaman
    12 Posts
    Thu, Jan 9 2020 8:05 AM

Played a game last night on mobile app, 3 hole challenge room Casablanca, Pebble Beach.  On a par 5, my 2nd shot landed short of green, opponents ball flew past to far end.  When my turn came to shoot, it appeared I was at the edge of a cart path.  I knew no such thing existed at that spot nor was there one anywhere close by.  But the status showed I was on the fairway? 

My opponent had a very strange record: Legend at level 85 (possible) average score of 150 but no scoring history (blank) nor stats (all zeroes).

I'm not sure how you get to Legend (which would require a certain low average score that as far as I know only comes with playing rounds) by not playing any rounds!  Is there a way?

On another game, same room I viewed my opponents stats and there was a longest drive of 899 yards.  Really?  I chatted him a bout it and he replied with a answer like "ball bounced into a canyon".  Right. 

So later on last night, I stayed in the Casablanca room and could only get opponents with shady histories and stats. And have come up with a theory. WGT seeds the challenges with players that they have created. They are real people but are working for WGT in a "goon squad" kind of way.  WGT knows how long you play a room and if they think it's been too long, they'll alert the Goon Squad and one (or many) of their "members" will start playing, creating situations like an unplayable but very short putt, false yardage displaying for clubs, or even a misplaced cart path.  They do this to discourage you so you'll move to a room higher up where more of the Goon Squad is there waiting to defeat you.  You lose coins rapidly and will be forced to purchase more.  It's a money game in favor of WGT.

Or I could be just imagining all of this.

RSS