Forums

Help › Forums

WGT LIVE SERIES

Thu, Jan 9 2020 11:21 AM (37 replies)
  • MCalderon402
    348 Posts
    Wed, Jan 1 2020 4:23 PM

SimonTheBeetle:

I rather suggest WGT for any unlimited rounds, if they can't live without it, they would make them "unquittable", meaning once you start your round, you gotta finish the round or you lose the eligibility to re-enter the tourney.

Right on. Cant restart after the first few holes because they missed. Go through all 18 and then retry if they allow it. 

• MarchieB
    1,526 Posts
    Wed, Jan 1 2020 5:16 PM

kavvz:

Par is 70 at Oakmont.  I'll bet ya a sleeve that the 53's don't qualify.  The 54's don't stand a chance.  It's moderate winds and 12 greens for crap sakes.

You'll be seeing many more attempts from all of them.   There will be more 52's, and once the 51's start to appear, they'll all be at it again.

Kavvz, I think you kind of missed my point. I wasn’t saying that the first attempt scores posted in the first 24hrs were not going to be bested. It’s an 18 day Unlimited first round so yes there will ultimately be better scores and there will be players who play multiple times and best their own scores. The point I was trying to make is that the biggest difference that separates the Avg/Good players from the Extremely Good players is one particular thing... Consistency.  And that consistency is even more pronounced when you talk about the “Super Elite” players. Yes the players putting up scores of 52-54 on first attempts will be able to post better scores with additional attempts but maybe they knock 3-4 strokes possibly 5-6 if they’re the super elite guys, but even that would take playing extremely great rounds. This is why my opinion is that it doesn’t really make a whole lot of difference if it’s single play or unlimited play.

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,518 Posts
    Wed, Jan 1 2020 7:11 PM

borntobesting:
    You know a lot of us mediocre players like the unlimited play. We might just have one of those once in a blue moon rounds and qualify. But if it is single play we know we don't stand a chance and probably won't play at all,

B2B, you gotta understand it's a double-edged sword because it will also give more chances for better score to the always-up-there players. But don't worry 'bout it. WGT will NEVER give up on unlimited rounds. ;-)

MCalderon402:
    Right on. Cant restart after the first few holes because they missed. Go through all 18 and then retry if they allow it. 

Exactly, sir!

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Wed, Jan 1 2020 10:31 PM

kavvz:

MarchieB:

Here is my argument. Right now (@5pm EST-Jan 1, 2020) If you were to look at the current top 9 players in the January WGT Live tour their scores of -20 to -18 (assuming a par 72) were all posted on their FIRST attempt and only one of the top 9 players has posted a second attempt (and it was exactly the same as their first) Ultimately the players at the top of the WGT food chain are extremely great players and will post those scores regardless if it’s single play or unlimited.  

Par is 70 at Oakmont.  I'll bet ya a sleeve that the 53's don't qualify.  The 54's don't stand a chance.  It's moderate winds and 12 greens for crap sakes.

You'll be seeing many more attempts from all of them.   There will be more 52's, and once the 51's start to appear, they'll all be at it again.

And the leader has posted a 49.

• suncity28
    1,266 Posts
    Thu, Jan 2 2020 12:17 AM

been like 2 years since i logged in. The game an E-sport now that is sweet

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,518 Posts
    Thu, Jan 2 2020 1:49 AM

suncity28:

Ah, I remember your username, suncity. How have you been?

Yes! Isn't it great? :-)

Welcome back and Happy New Year!

• birchi
    1,492 Posts
    Thu, Jan 2 2020 1:53 AM

suncity28:

well, at least for a year, until the last person in the responsible marketing departments realizes that there's absolutely no market for these events and you won't reach their young esports target audience by having players twice their age and older on stage :D

• suncity28
    1,266 Posts
    Thu, Jan 2 2020 2:29 AM

SimonTheBeetle:

Ah, I remember your username, suncity. How have you been?

Yes! Isn't it great? :-)

Welcome back and Happy New Year!

been very well, i was looking around a Twitch found a stream invitational watched that thought awesome, logged in, chat to the guys they follow my progress on another game what is hardcore now into e-sports. Happy new year as well  

• suncity28
    1,266 Posts
    Thu, Jan 2 2020 2:33 AM

birchi:
    well, at least for a year, until the last person in the responsible marketing departments realizes that there's absolutely no market for these events and you won't reach their young esports target audience by having players twice their age and older on stage :D

i played a game on the side while playing this back in the day i never thought the other game clash of clans would be a game what could be an e-sport or even be marketed as e-sport r anyone be interested in it. now grown into something major.. Yes it's young market e-sports it's worth shot if it can be made appealing and entertaining.

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Thu, Jan 2 2020 5:57 AM

andwhy67:

kavvz:

MarchieB:

Here is my argument. Right now (@5pm EST-Jan 1, 2020) If you were to look at the current top 9 players in the January WGT Live tour their scores of -20 to -18 (assuming a par 72) were all posted on their FIRST attempt and only one of the top 9 players has posted a second attempt (and it was exactly the same as their first) Ultimately the players at the top of the WGT food chain are extremely great players and will post those scores regardless if it’s single play or unlimited.  

And the leader has posted a 49.

Exactly my point!  There are already multiple attempts from a 53 who's now posted a 52...

It'll keep going and going until the elite lower the score to qualify so low that everyone just doesn't bother save for 1 or 2 attempts.  

Might as well make it single play then eh!  

That 49 never appears with single play...

RSS