Forums

Help › Forums

WGT LIVE SERIES

Thu, Jan 9 2020 11:21 AM (37 replies)
  • MCalderon402
    348 Posts
    Wed, Jan 1 2020 6:35 AM

Thanks for adding more events.  But qualifying should also be single play. 

the unlimited round 1 or qualifier its nonsense. If people want to play the same course they can set it up in their Country Club or go play that course over and over.  

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Wed, Jan 1 2020 7:01 AM

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Wed, Jan 1 2020 7:38 AM

There is no 2000cr for qualifying so no need to get into it, or at least it doesn't mention it.  Top 70 get paid, while the top 10 qualify.  

Champ, is this the replacement for the VT?

Sadly, it being unlimited we'll see the same 10 or so players every single time.  Siiigh...

Understandable if ball hit revenue is the driving force there though.

But..why can't they do something else that's attractive enough and unlimited that people will want to keep trying and leave these live/major events single play.   Why????????  

I wish someone from WGT would chime in on this age old issue and explain their thinking behind it.

• BHenke2
    397 Posts
    Wed, Jan 1 2020 7:47 AM

So they get rid of the Virtual Tour which was broken down into tiers where everyone had a chance to win some credits and replace it with something that only the top 100 in the entire game have a chance. What a crock of crap. If you are not the best of the best in this game there is absolutely no reason to waste your time or balls playing in this tournament. 

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Wed, Jan 1 2020 9:01 AM

We don't know if this is the replacement for the VT yet.  I don't think it is.

• MCalderon402
    348 Posts
    Wed, Jan 1 2020 11:40 AM

TopShelf2010:

MCalderon402:
    But qualifying should also be single play

If you have been paying attention to the Forums as of late, you would know that this concept has well, in a nutshell, been beating to death.

Listen fella. I don't need to read hundreds of posts nor post thousands of posts in a forum to see what people think about things.

Live Event Series is new and it is unlimited first round so I know I probably won't play it. I have spoken to a guy who wins many events and he doesn't like unlimited play either and I can't blame then. Like many others who play the game.

Instead of posting on every single post go play and enjoy the game and I hope WGT listens to this and events single play.

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Wed, Jan 1 2020 11:59 AM

• liam91
    3,130 Posts
    Wed, Jan 1 2020 12:27 PM

it would be nice if WGT could find a way of doing a limited option ,such as 3 attempts only.

not sure if they have the capabilities though

Mike

• el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Wed, Jan 1 2020 12:45 PM

kavvz:
    We don't know if this is the replacement for the VT yet.  I don't think it is.

This is true... but the entire month of tournaments was released and unless they are changing to a weekly tournament other than what was released, it is unlikely we are seeing it or that a comparable event is being offered monthly.  Just hard to say... 

but, it looks like the one free ball we got a month to sign up for the monthly VT, is gone as well... likely replaced with more silly "ball effects" somewhere else.  

Not holding my breath on this one...

• DampandDusty
    125 Posts
    Wed, Jan 1 2020 1:08 PM

kavvz:
    Champ, is this the replacement for the VT?

Champ?

RSS