Forums

Help › Forums

Players "QUITING" on me!!!

Tue, May 1 2012 8:48 PM (165 replies)
  • Ihatecheats
    298 Posts
    Wed, Feb 22 2012 8:09 AM

I played a game today A/S on kiawah, 1st hole partner misses a putt  then the screen goes the dreaded blue. I tried 3 times to get back in to the game only to get the usual game error try again later bs.

I never quit a game and feel for the guys who were playing against us but there was absolutely nothing I could do about it. Eventually I got back in to read time expired and lost the game.I don't mind losing but this is happening far to often and has been for a long time now.

GET THIS SORTED

• MickAnderson
    105 Posts
    Wed, Feb 22 2012 9:01 AM

Ihatecheats:

I played a game today A/S on kiawah, 1st hole partner misses a putt  then the screen goes the dreaded blue. I tried 3 times to get back in to the game only to get the usual game error try again later bs.

I never quit a game and feel for the guys who were playing against us but there was absolutely nothing I could do about it. Eventually I got back in to read time expired and lost the game.I don't mind losing but this is happening far to often and has been for a long time now.

GET THIS SORTED

I do agree with that.  It's poor form to quit an alternate shot game as it ruins the game for the other players.

Until it ever starts to affect revenue, WGT aren't interested in helping solve these problems.

• ljbast
    943 Posts
    Wed, Feb 22 2012 9:41 AM

BubbaCrusher007:
    Oh, sorry: I forgot, this is the "I can't spell worth beans but even my dumb azz knows there's 2 T's in "Quitting" thread

Oops, I thought this topic was about Quilters.  Quilting is a favorite pastime of mine.

• BubbaCrusher007
    1,567 Posts
    Wed, Feb 22 2012 10:03 AM

Here's JEFFY!! FOCK this pizz poor "Quiter" i mean "Quitter" thread!@!@!~

• KEHYLAR
    551 Posts
    Thu, Feb 23 2012 1:33 AM

During a multiplayer game few days go there was a brief power failure in my neighborhood. Of course it showed disconnected on the other players screens.

Of course there are far too many quitters on WGT but sometimes "things" happen.

Qapla batle je!

LAURA

• Kowloongolfer
    13 Posts
    Thu, Feb 23 2012 5:26 AM

I have just returned to this game. Had a break for about 2 months. Still the same issues. Quitters bad connections ect.  Is it just my imagination or are the vast majority of quitters people who don't play real life golf. Many people who actually play real life golf know there is a certain etiquette you should uphold.

• jameshalloran
    6 Posts
    Thu, Feb 23 2012 2:42 PM

Hi Kehlar!

That was a good post(even tough i rarely read them) I will play you anytime.

Take care jimi (james)

• BumperBilli
    1 Posts
    Fri, Feb 24 2012 6:55 AM

Quitter my first post but time to take a STAND! Instead of complaining I have decied to start naming the players maybe that will get there attention when others say Sorry U are a Quitter. If we all contribute to the list maybe alot of players will wake up.

# 1  Irish Johnny USA

• GCB1962
    23 Posts
    Fri, Feb 24 2012 10:27 AM

I'm with you all the way on this one Bill i think a list would be one way nameing and shaming is the way forward i have just come of the very same thing had a guy quitt on me just because he was losing to someone of a lower rank than he, i posted to his wall but don't think it will have any affect on him as i think they are thick skinned ignorant people.

rant over and the name in question

# 2 sloper'z USA  

• MickAnderson
    105 Posts
    Fri, Feb 24 2012 10:36 AM

BumperBilli:

Quitter my first post but time to take a STAND! Instead of complaining I have decied to start naming the players maybe that will get there attention when others say Sorry U are a Quitter. If we all contribute to the list maybe alot of players will wake up.

# 1  Irish Johnny USA

Just a heads up - naming of posters like that is against the forum rules and is likely to get deleted by admin.

There's one guy I see a lot who quits every time he has a bad hole, but I couldn't name him even if I wanted to, because his name is just a scrambled bunch of letters, starting "jch .....".

But yeah, calling out players with the full screen name gets your post deleted.  Just sayin'.

RSS