Forums

Help › Forums

Welcome to WGT Early Access!

Thu, Dec 14 2023 8:58 PM (1,414 replies)
  • RedRockster
    692 Posts
    Tue, Mar 3 2020 10:50 AM

I am still having problems with the screen size.  I do not want to run in full screen because it disables any other apps from showing without switching in and out.  That said, if I set the resolution to the max which matches my display, the EA screen is too large and I lose the shot meter bar at the bottom.  Any other resolution makes the screen too small for old people like myself to see properly (I have had several eye surgeries, so this is a real problem for me).  I would like a screen size more compatible with the current flash mode i'm running.  I have no problems with it.

I am sure others are having problems with this also, many try it and never go back.  I check for updates periodically to see what improvements have been made.  Would really appreciate a more useful screen size, maybe make it adjustable in size, an just fill the screen image to the screen size one likes.

thanks

• ScottHope
    10,103 Posts
    Tue, Mar 3 2020 1:50 PM

Have you had a look at THIS Red?

It expands the game to fill the whole screen.

• ChipJay
    15 Posts
    Wed, Mar 4 2020 12:09 PM

Hi. I’ve started playing on the desktop app.

Question: are the holes smaller than the web site game.

Question: why the green putting breaks are SO different to the web site game.

Question: what the circle with 2 arrows means that appears on the right-hand side of the screen.

Still getting to grips with this app.

cheers

• Tigerpaw509
    1,285 Posts
    Mon, Mar 9 2020 5:41 AM

The putting is terrible but again EA is still in beta I hope.

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Mon, Mar 9 2020 7:27 AM

Tigerpaw509:

The putting is terrible but again EA is still in beta I hope.

3 Days away from the steam app. As we get used to the greens, it will get easier. I Hope

• SeabrookFlash
    463 Posts
    Mon, Mar 9 2020 11:06 AM

I have a question for WGTChampion, I think. It may have already been answered but I cannot find it.  My question is about the putting on the new system.  How far along is the development of the putting portion of the new game?  Is the current version close to what the end version will be or are there any changes in the work to make some improvements to it. My main beefs are the large display that obstructs my view of the putting line in the reverse angle. I also wish the dots would extend all the way from the player to the hole at all times instead of the way they currently look. I'm just trying to find out if I can look forward to something better or will I have to just get used to what is there now.

Thanks

Corey

• Rifle57
    71 Posts
    Mon, Mar 9 2020 11:26 AM

Also a related question, does anyone know how to make aimer move on it's own without moving the whole grid on green, like it does in PC version.

Thanks,

Ross (Rifle57)

• Matrix3381
    85 Posts
    Tue, Mar 10 2020 1:27 PM

isalman:

SimonTheBeetle:
    As pcastleberg mentioned, now it is pointless to divide PC and mobile, and it's time to stop the stupid childish superiority complex

There is no superiority complex on pc gamers side,it is a fact that pc version is superior to wgt mobile which at best is a lite version of wgt pc.

There is no alt shot,no match play on wgt mobile.Fact of the matter is majority of pc players play alt shot.Then theres is issue of mechanism of finding compatible skill opponent.pc version has a well thought system for finding opponents.wgt mobile has none.2 days back i tried the new pc installer.Entered some room and wgt randomly assigned me a 101 avg pro.

Main point is that wgt asks for comments from pc users.Mobile users already have their app.Why they want to make pc version same as mobile is beyond me.

All you guys are doing is enabling wgt people.They are just checking reaction of pc players.If there is enough acceptance,they will impose this half baked installer on them.Easier than putting time and effort developing a full featured game.

I agree. I like it but I also see bugs from like Fallout 76 kind of bugs. I think the devs should focus on making a wgt one of a kind and using the brand and letting Pc players have a flash to Pc game.  am hoping the keep what I saw in 2015 and now on the Pc pa verison because it seems that they are just doing bare minimum like Fallout 76 and look at the backlash that got. I wanted to play it but it made me mad due to the fact it took my home state and made it garbage in game. Let's hope wgt devs understand what I am trying to say. I am just trying to give suggestions and want to keep playing wgt. I was going through a hard time when I signed up and feel better and hoping to play lots of wgt in the future to come.

• petrieboy
    434 Posts
    Tue, Mar 10 2020 1:32 PM

hi champ, my to cents on the new version is that the putting is very hard and the chipping, it an;t any better. putting is awful. meter is better tho. hope you can make the putting better. its to critical.

• StimpiSteve
    3 Posts
    Tue, Mar 10 2020 8:31 PM

I missed the optional camera angles available during other players strokes.

Always behind the player gets old.

Putting by moving the arrow is similar and I can get used to it, but putting by hitting early or late, to hit left or right, doesn't seem to work well. I hope they straighten that out.

RSS