Forums

Help › Forums

Welcome to WGT Early Access!

Thu, Dec 14 2023 8:58 PM (1,414 replies)
  • Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Mon, Mar 2 2020 3:22 PM

TopShelf2010:

petrieboy:

the game is awfull. you are gonna lose a lot of players.

Opinions vary.

Nice shooting on those Best of Water Shots btw. Impressive.

Don

Yes, curious scores. What's that all about exactly?

nigel.

• Dex000
    109 Posts
    Mon, Mar 2 2020 3:27 PM

petrieboy:

the game is awfull. you are gonna lose a lot of players.

I used to feel exactly the same way, but I've been playing it exclusively for the past couple months and I never want to go back to flash. There are a couple aesthetic problems (wind meter is way too small), and the 'super power apparel' stuff is gamer nonsense, but once you get the hang of the greens, it's every bit as fun as flash. 

• BogeyOne
    1,967 Posts
    Mon, Mar 2 2020 6:16 PM

pdb1:

I am curios how others are feeling . Now that hey have played for a while .

I can't see that it matters and would only serve to keep this argument and bickering going as if it is going to affect anything.  It is time to lay down arms and let it go. Que Sera, Sera.

• Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Mon, Mar 2 2020 8:30 PM

pdb1:
    No where near the variables and ability to adjust features and customize your game in this new version .

it's still early days and they are working on it all the time. They have another 10 months to add the missing features and customizations from the flash version. It's called Early Access because it's not the fully formed game yet.

And if it's other opinions about PCEA you're after, just browse. There are hundreds of them.

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Tue, Mar 3 2020 2:45 AM

pdb1:

Very true . It is still early . I guess we need to try to remain optimistic that they can transform these features in 10 months . It is tempting to be skeptical though . Considering the history .

We have to be positive Paul. We don't have any choice.

It will all work out

• SamSpayed
    4,907 Posts
    Tue, Mar 3 2020 7:25 AM

pdb1:
    I am curious how others are feeling . Now that they have played for a while.

My feeling is that PCEA as it is now is an OK replacement for the Flash version, but they still have some work to do.  I'm encouraged by the fact that WGT has put it out there early for us to play with and discuss and provide feedback.  And they are listening to us, and they are trying to add and improve features.  For example, they added the ability to aim using the mini-map, the ability to change clubs using the scroll wheel, a larger wind indicator, and multi-player stroke play games (which even works semi-cross-platform - PCEA vs. Flash).

The course graphics (stitched photos) are as detailed as the Flash version, if not more so.  I'm seeing details on the courses now that I hadn't seen before.

The avatars on PCEA are much more cartoonish than Flash.  It looks like you're playing a "Who Framed Roger Rabbit" golf game.  But the swing mechanics on PCEA are more detailed and the shadows are sharper.

Ball movements, flag movements, and putting are all different, but I can get used to it.  I'd like to see them all be made a little more realistic on PCEA, though.  For example, putts are supposed to roll on the greens, not slide like a hockey puck, and a flagstick is not going to move much from side-to-side in a 2 mph wind.

All in all, I think PCEA is headed in the right direction.  But I wish WGT was a little better at answering our questions about future features... at least letting us know "yes, this feature is coming" or "no, that's not being considered" or "it's being discussed".  I think more information and communication is MUCH better than less.

RSS