Forums

Help › Forums

Welcome to WGT Early Access!

Thu, Dec 14 2023 8:58 PM (1,414 replies)
  • ScottHope
    10,092 Posts
    Tue, Feb 25 2020 12:34 AM

pdb1:
    Not even able to uninstall it . I have to delete it . Then reinstall it . Still gives the same error.

Paul, one of the suggestions I found after Googling this error is to check that the Windows Installer service is running, if you haven't done this already, you could try the following.

Press Windows key + R.

Type services.msc into the run dialogue box and hit enter.

In the main pane of the services window, look for Windows Installer service. Right click on it, if it isn't running, click on Start, if it is running, stop and Restart it, then close the services window.

In Windows explorer where the WGTLauncher.msi file is sitting, right click in an empty space, and click Refresh, then try to run the WGTLauncher.msi file again.

⇩ EDIT : Okay Paul, thanks for giving it a go. Back to Googling...  ; ) ⇩

• AlejBaran
    1,402 Posts
    Tue, Feb 25 2020 5:54 PM

pdb1:

Well Scott . My Windows Installer service was not running . I started it . Tried running the launcher . Same result ." Package could not be opened ". Tried restarting the Windows Installer Service . Still no luck . Refreshed it . Nothing . It acts like it is an empty file .

Hi PDB1

Have you tried the following? In the folder in which you have downloaded and saved the installer, right click on it and in the box displayed click on properties. Once there, in the General tab, check if a button "unlock" or "unblock" (*) appears at the bottom and click on it and then "Accept", close it and try again.

That appears to me in many programs that I download and I want to install, and I also had to do it in this case, if I don't do it, I won't have the installer.

(*) is the literal English translation of the Spanish word "desbloquear"; so if it is not that exact word it is some synonym of it.

I hope you can solve it

Cheers Pablo

• AlejBaran
    1,402 Posts
    Tue, Feb 25 2020 6:05 PM

pdb1-right now I see the screenshot you posted on page 49, in that box click on "Properties" and check what I indicated in my previous post.

I'm pretty sure that's the problem

Please let us know if this is the case.

Pablo

• AlejBaran
    1,402 Posts
    Thu, Feb 27 2020 11:44 PM

pdb1:

AlejBaran:
    Please let us know if this is the case.

I opened the properties for the launcher . Sure enough , at the bottom there was an " unblock " box . So I ticked  it . Then I right clicked again . Still just getting either " Install " or " Repair " . I clicked " Install " . Once again

Please, chek this: Go to properties again and see if the "Unblock" button disappeared, if it is still there do as I say bellow.

After left clicking on that button, you must left click on the "Apply" button and then on the "Accept" button (this is required for changes to apply). The dialog box closes.

Then you go to the folder where you have saved the installer and double click on it.

Have you done it that way?

Perhaps this advice is very obvious and you already knew all this, but i did just in case it serves you or someone else.

Cheers, Pablo

• cowboytux
    304 Posts
    Sun, Mar 1 2020 6:46 AM

The same thing is happening to me I tried for weeks  and finally gave up. I deleted it out I came back on today to see if it was fixed I see i'm not the only one with the same problem even the geek squad could not figure out what the problem is or was I deleted out the launcher like my computer asked to do. I hope they fix it.

• petrieboy
    434 Posts
    Mon, Mar 2 2020 2:45 PM

the game is awfull. you are gonna lose a lot of players.

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Mon, Mar 2 2020 3:04 PM

RSS