Forums

Help › Forums

Welcome to WGT Early Access!

Sat, May 4 2024 12:17 PM (1,419 replies)
  • donsprintr
    2,063 Posts
    Fri, Jan 31 2020 2:22 AM

And the beat goes on ....

You 60's Sonny and Cher ppl will understand the analogy ...

Or maybe early 70's ...

Or both ...

• Slimjim001
    1,025 Posts
    Fri, Jan 31 2020 2:50 PM

I've been using the new version for a month or two now and am confident that when it is officially launched, it will continue to be a class-act among virtual reality games throughout the world. HOWEVER, you can do better than those goofy looking avatars, can't you? Using those avatars is akin to putting lipstick on a pigs snout and thinking it will make the pig more attractive. SNORT!

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Fri, Jan 31 2020 4:08 PM

Slimjim001:

I've been using the new version for a month or two now and am confident that when it is officially launched, it will continue to be a class-act among virtual reality games throughout the world. HOWEVER, you can do better than those goofy looking avatars, can't you? Using those avatars is akin to putting lipstick on a pigs snout and thinking it will make the pig more attractive. SNORT!

HaHaHa. 

• NelsonB
    101 Posts
    Sat, Feb 1 2020 1:17 AM

Hey Champion

Feedback for what it is worth:

1. Please allow screen sizes of our own choosing, i.e. let us to play in tile mode.  I do not like the restriction to only play fullscreen and would appreciate to have my game notes open next to my game.

2. To me this looks like the exact mobile version, available on pc. Please adjust the picture quality appropriately.  What looks good on a 6 inch mobile screen does not translate well to my 27 inch wide screen monitor.  The background is very grainy.

3. The camera angles need to resemble the web browser version more than the mobile version, this neck jerking up and down flicks of the drunk camera man to try and follow the balls gives me headaches. :)  Here I'm referring to the behind the avatar view.

4. Can the green grid remain static when you want to move your target point, I'm not great at this game and sometimes putt with feel so it feels better if I move my aim while still seeing the whole grid.  Now as soon as you touch the aim, the grid disappear.

I'm not a WGT influencer, or celebrity in this game.  Purely an average Joe who is looking to get back into the game after a long absence.

Thank you for giving us early access, this feels like the start of wgt playing in beta mode for years.

• ScottHope
    10,111 Posts
    Sat, Feb 1 2020 5:09 AM

NelsonB:
    Please allow screen sizes of our own choosing, i.e. let us to play in tile mode.  I do not like the restriction to only play fullscreen and would appreciate to have my game notes open next to my game.

Have a look at THIS Nelson.

• TheFredCouples
    22 Posts
    Sat, Feb 1 2020 7:57 AM

No native linux support? Wouldn't mind a paid-for release via steam with linux support.

• BogeyOne
    1,967 Posts
    Sat, Feb 1 2020 10:05 AM

TheFredCouples:

No native linux support? Wouldn't mind a paid-for release via steam with linux support.

You can download it with the latest release of wine in linux. I am using the Linux Mint distro but it most certainly would work with Ubuntu. I did that and it works very well.

• NelsonB
    101 Posts
    Sat, Feb 1 2020 3:57 PM
    Thank you Scott!
  • ScottHope
    10,111 Posts
    Sun, Feb 2 2020 12:43 AM

You're welcome sir. ; )

• TheFredCouples
    22 Posts
    Sun, Feb 2 2020 12:05 PM

Not touching wine, hence my question.