Forums

Help › Forums

Welcome to WGT Early Access!

Thu, Dec 14 2023 8:58 PM (1,414 replies)
  • nerve60
    285 Posts
    Mon, Feb 3 2020 6:42 PM

I know I have mentioned this before --- but, am I the only one who continues to struggle with the short 6 - 10 foot putts on the PCEA?  It's gotten to a point where I can sink 20+ footers at a better rate than a 7 footer... Frustrated..........

I know what the issue is. I spent years on the PC off dinging these short putts and sinking most of them. It is virtually impossible to off-ding these putts on EA. I know I have read here Off-Ding is still there but trust me, I have tried every possible ding point and it is so inconsistent you can never be sure your going to hit it correctly.

• dschlapman
    71 Posts
    Tue, Feb 4 2020 10:36 AM

No, you are not alone.

• wedge0837
    862 Posts
    Tue, Feb 4 2020 3:13 PM

I'm getting all my posts that I type in the Club homepage in the PCEA moderated, and each time it has been because I mentioned  "credit, free sleeve, anything with money" when I advertise a game in the main Club pages. 

Why is this happening in the PCEA? I have to be able to communicate freely in the Club pages and NOT have to find other words in place of CREDIT, MONEY, $, etc. 

Today I could not advertise this:  

"Tourney on for free sleeve of balls to the winner. Enter to play and finish all 3 rounds."

I was denied that posting, I didn't get a message, or error, or anything...it just does not post into the messages already entered. 

Here's one to shake your heads on. 

wedge0837

• jbboon
    20 Posts
    Fri, Feb 7 2020 4:33 AM

a lot of things are vague.  What I would like to see, is a read-me file, to find out what this are, and how to do them. I mean, what does  "Rough Surface Power +31" mean. one of the apparel abilities'

I have no idea

• pmm711
    5,516 Posts
    Fri, Feb 7 2020 5:31 AM

jbboon:

a lot of things are vague.  What I would like to see, is a read-me file, to find out what this are, and how to do them. I mean, what does  "Rough Surface Power +31" mean. one of the apparel abilities'

I have no idea

+1

A while back I asked Scott Hope if he’s compiled anything on this as he’s kept up on the flash-version clubs and balls for years.  He said he hadn’t.

As most mobile players don’t even know what the forum is, I doubt we’ll get anything from experienced mobile players.  So WGT should definitely publish something to explain the apparel perks.  

It would also be nice to see a list of apparel options “By Sponsor” and what the upgrade costs are “by level”.  I’ve upgraded some items at 30K coins and I’m not at Level 9 for that apparel item yet.  So what’s the overall cost?  Then this needs to be published for all the apparel types too; Common, Rare, & Epic.  One would like to know what they’re getting involved in so they can evaluate and plan ahead as to which direction they want to head (as you can choose to get shot boosts or addition % in coins if you win a match in a coin room.

Then there’s also the fact that WGT sells Common, Rare, & Epic apparel in the Pro Shop.  As you purchase items the cost goes up for an additional item of the same kind.  What’s the ultimate cost of starting this process.  It’s like a never ending journey without having a “Catalog” describing it all.

So help us out WGT mods.  You guys have to have the info compiled somewhere.  Kindly publish it.

• Tony08888
    564 Posts
    Fri, Feb 7 2020 8:50 AM
    You do not have to pay for apparel. Choose your sponsor twice a day and play as many 1 round head to head games as you can in 30 minutes. Each game will award you some apparel. The more you win the more apparel points you get. You’ll either get a bronze, gold, or platinum box. It took me 3 months to work my way up to level 9 Swing Edge apparel. My hat gives me more distance on my driver at +71 points. So when playing head to head, with friends, or single play ranked games my driver distance attribute is 305 yards instead of 287 yards. These attributes do not work on tournament play. Back down to 287 for those. My glove attributes are slow driver speed +70 and Driver sweet spot +69. So on and so forth. The only thing is if you play a lot of tourneys you don’t want to get to comfortable with attributes that will be missing when playing tournaments.
  • Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Fri, Feb 7 2020 10:05 AM

Tony08888:
    You do not have to pay for apparel. Choose your sponsor twice a day and play as many 1 round head to head games as you can in 30 minutes. Each game will award you some apparel. The more you win the more apparel points you get. You’ll either get a bronze, gold, or platinum box. It took me 3 months to work my way up to level 9 Swing Edge apparel. My hat gives me more distance on my driver at +71 points. So when playing head to head, with friends, or single play ranked games my driver distance attribute is 305 yards instead of 287 yards. These attributes do not work on tournament play. Back down to 287 for those. My glove attributes are slow driver speed +70 and Driver sweet spot +69. So on and so forth. The only thing is if you play a lot of tourneys you don’t want to get to comfortable with attributes that will be missing when playing tournaments.

This is interesting info Tony, and helps answer part of a query I have regarding apparel attributes.

I have never been a mobile player so am only now encountering apparel for the first time while playing the PCEA version. I get that different apparel can give you different boosts in game play areas, but that stuff doesn't really interest me because I just want as consistent a performance as the game will give me. I don't have any apparel selected and am just playing the base non-attribute outfit on my avatar while I try to get to grips with learning the differences in PCEA game play.

That said, I'd be interested in changing the appearance of my avatar from time to time and using apparel if it doesn't change the distances I am getting used to with shots. So I'm pleased to read you say that that apparel effects do not apply in tournament play, but I would also like to know if they apply in regular match play games too (not head-to-heads), and will apply in alt-shot when that gets introduced to PCEA later in the year.

So, can anyone confirm which types of game play apparel effects er, affect, and which are immune, so to speak?

Thanks,

Nigel.

• Tony08888
    564 Posts
    Fri, Feb 7 2020 11:27 AM

I too am trying to figure out the PCEA version. It seems to be a hybrid of both the PC and mobile versions, even though it leans heavily towards the mobile end of the spectrum.

I can't speak whether or not the apparel attributes would be in effect during match play or alt-shot, but my gut tells me yes since those are not tournaments. 

There is a way you can change your apparel on mobile without it affecting your equipment's attributes. PCEA should be the same. Go to the edit apparel page and there should be selection to pay for that option. I believe when I did it, it was $7.00 (700 credits). 

Once you make that purchase, you will then have two separate options when you go the the edit apparel page. 

Option 1 is appearance. You can put on anything you like and it will not enhance your equipment. 

Option 2 is abilities. You can keep the basic apparel with no abilities if you wish while still changing your appearance.

Also, if you haven't discovered it yet, there are always free apparel in the Proshop. In my inventory, I have the USGA outfit, the Chinese New Year Shirt, Jordan Spieth shoes, the Ricky Fowler outfit, and scores more.

I change my appearance from time to time but always keep the Swing Edge abilities. 

I hope this helps

• pmm711
    5,516 Posts
    Fri, Feb 7 2020 12:07 PM

Wutpa:
    That said, I'd be interested in changing the appearance of my avatar from time to time and using apparel if it doesn't change the distances I am getting used to with shots.

Nigel,

Here's some of the info Tony was describing above but with a few screen shots so you know where to look.

Pic #1 is actually 2 pics with 3 red circles on them.

a) Top Red Circle: The ability to choose any apparel but keep whatever attributes/abilities of your clubs, even "no abilities", will cost you 500 credits.  Unlock "Abilities" and you can have your normal club distances plus a custom avatar based on the apparel you own from the 5 "Sponsors".  As Tony said earlier you earn apparel via Apparel Packs won in Coin Room matches.

b) Middle Red Circle: You can see in the 2nd red circle I have a "Set Bonus" activated from the Swing Edge sponsor.  The Set Bonus gets activated when you see the "5/5" in the lower right corner.  In my case the 5/5 represents the fact that I have all 5 apparel items from the Swing Edge sponsor; The Hat, Glove, Shoes, Shirt, & Pants. The Set Bonus is outlined in greater detail in Pics #2 & #3 below.

c) Bottom Red Circle: This is the popup screen which appears when you choose to pay the 500 credits to unlock those abilities.  The circled area describes what you can do once you've "Unlocked Appearance".  It's a nice feature for the $5 (500 credits).

Pic #2 shows the popup screen when you click on the "i" to the left of the area on screen 1 which states "Set Bonus: Swing Edge 5/5".  That "i" means there is an informational popup about the Set Bonus.

Pic #3 is a zoomed view of the Set Bonus popup screen area which describes in detail what the Set Bonus gains for you.  It also discusses the "Wildcard Apparel" which has also been discussed in another post...and to which we still have some questions as to how to properly apply them.

I hope this helps.  I also hope it's a beginning to future posts about what the attributes like Brush Power gain us in terms of distance to offset from our normal mapped club distances.

Paul

• Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Fri, Feb 7 2020 12:27 PM

Tony and Paul, that's excellent info and very helpful to me, I appreciate it very much.

I have a slight raised eyebrow at the idea that I have to pay to effectively 'deactivate' the apparel abilities, which feels slightly counter-intuitive compared to paying to 'add' abilities, but whatever, it's not much to pay.

I shall experiment, and thanks again.

Nigel. 

RSS