Forums

Help › Forums

WGT Early Access for PC

Sun, Nov 5 2023 12:56 PM (1,507 replies)
  • Chris1973M
    1,832 Posts
    Tue, Oct 1 2019 10:27 AM

This old dog has new tricks to learn played 3 rounds this morning.. all went well but need to relearn my meter,,, along with many other buttons....im gona ride out the flash version.. and continue practicing the new launcher.. Change scares the crap out of most.. but I grind on!! 

• TopShelf2010
    10,881 Posts
    Tue, Oct 1 2019 10:43 AM

• ScottHope
    10,130 Posts
    Tue, Oct 1 2019 10:53 AM

Bjorn, if you right click on the launcher again, then click 'properties', then click 'open file location'. Do you see these files/folders there?

golf
    Launcher.exe
    Launcher.exe.config
    Launcher.pdb
    SimplePatchTool.dll
    SimplePatchToolSecurity.dll
    SPPatcher
    spt_logs.txt
    WGTLauncher_vers.sptv

• daveparr
    1,175 Posts
    Tue, Oct 1 2019 10:56 AM

I Was wrong in my last post you can engage full screen infact there are a few display sizes to choose from  

Personaly lm sticking with this new format  much prefer the  metering.

Dave

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Oct 1 2019 11:18 AM

bigjohndough:
    where do you navigate to to play a match or stroke on any course-

Click the blue Game Modes selection and Single Player at the top of the screen that opens.

• borntobesting
    9,632 Posts
    Tue, Oct 1 2019 11:48 AM

Bowl64:

Thanks for all your help Scott, but i can`t get it to work. Still get stuck on the windows installer saying "Preparing to install". I use Windows 7.

Bjorn

Try running it as an Administrator. Worked for me. 

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,524 Posts
    Tue, Oct 1 2019 12:01 PM

Dex000:

Young46 missed the ding a couple times, yet the ball landed next to the hole. He seemed surprised by it. This makes me think this new mobile PC version is more forgiving than what we have now, which will take a lot of the fun out of it if that's the case.  

OK, I installed the new PC version and have been playing some.

It is basically the same as the app version. Actually it IS from the mobile platform and as mentioned in my previous posting, I knew it was coming, and that's why I disregarded the original PC version and continued playing the mobile from the beginning back in 2015 when I was looking for a good mobile game to play and discovered WGT in Google Play Store.

First off, now you wanna forget about dinging all the time 'cause you can't! The mobile haters always talk about how tolerant it is even if you miss the ding. In my point of view, it's the other way around. As a mobile player, I've always been so amazed by how easy to hit ding on PC comparing to mobile! You just click the proximity of it and it's a f***ing ding! In mobile, it's not so I guess WGT engineers compensate it so that it's equally playable at the same level on the mobile platform. To make the matter worse, they even made the meter speed faster on mobile.

Second, probably the most important and biggest difference between the two platforms, PUTTING! I mentioned it somewhere to someone before, the dot speed of the green DOES NOT represent the actual speed of it! I'm sure you all know the importance of 'feeling' the dot speed and movement to correctly judge the break and guess what... in mobile, it's not as easy as you think it'll be! I watched countless PC players' proudly posted videos and went "WTF?!" soooo many times with the putts dropped in the hole that would have been lipped out at best on mobile! The dot movement & speed on mobile are too slow comparing to PC, slow enough to cause optical illusion and misjudge the whole break in my case at least. I couldn't trust my eyes any more and that's why I started being more calculative than feeling. Even in this thread, there are many pointing out that putting is now very finicky and this is the condition in which mobile players have been playing the whole time. Why has there never been any mobile player who clinches major or VT titles in a regular basis so far? Hmmmmmmmmmmmm...

Listen, I'm not saying others play better than me because they play on PC and it's easier. There will be always someone better than you somewhere, even if you (and the rest of the world) believe you are the best, you simply don't know his/her existence out there buried like California gold. And the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence. I simply want mobile haters to stop their stupid and childish talkdown about mobile and its players. Besides, now it is YOUR platform as well so good luck with that! 

Thank you and have a good one!

• Bowl64
    3,087 Posts
    Tue, Oct 1 2019 12:03 PM

Can`t install the bloody launcher, that´s the problem lol :)))

Bjorn 

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Tue, Oct 1 2019 12:13 PM

Depressing, not too excited about the new version, but I know in time they will make improvements.

However, I won't be able to download it at work.  LOL

I'm going to have to think of a plan to get it installed at work between now and when it is for real.  ;-)

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Oct 1 2019 1:01 PM

hpurey:
    I'm going to have to think of a plan to get it installed at work between now and when it is for real.  ;-)

Flash drive from home.  :-)

RSS