What will happen when flash goes away?

Tue, Jul 7 2020 9:44 AM (35 replies)
  • TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Fri, Feb 28 2020 9:56 AM

• Autolobotomist
    2 Posts
    Thu, May 28 2020 2:37 AM

There just won't be any browsers that run it.

• garyk49
    2,313 Posts
    Thu, May 28 2020 7:05 AM

Autolobotomist:

If your favorite browser runs flash fine now, QUIT updating it to a version that won't run flash.

Plenty of browsers out there that run flash just fine.  Chrome is not one of them.

• borntobesting
    9,625 Posts
    Thu, May 28 2020 7:18 AM

garyk49:

Autolobotomist:

If your favorite browser runs flash fine now, QUIT updating it to a version that won't run flash.

Plenty of browsers out there that run flash just fine.  Chrome is not one of them.

It won’t matter one bit if you have a browser version that will run flash if Microsoft won’t let it run on Windows and Apple won’t let it run on Macs

• garyk49
    2,313 Posts
    Thu, May 28 2020 7:29 AM

borntobesting:

garyk49:

Autolobotomist:

It won’t matter one bit if you have a browser version that will run flash if Microsoft won’t let it run on Windows and Apple won’t let it run on Macs

Sorry, microsoft has no control over my win7

• sammey1
    680 Posts
    Thu, May 28 2020 7:53 AM

lonnieskinner:

FIash is n0t g0ing away. It wiII just n0t be u9dated.

Precisely. Flash will exist but any flaws/bugs won't be fixed, and as time goes on it will be more and more unstable. Thus, WGT will not be investing any money into a game that is reliant on flash.

I don't understand why anyone is investing their time at WGT on the flash, knowing it's headed for the landfill at some point.

Most of the best players have already converted to the early access version, or can play it just as well as the old version. Once people invest some time in getting to know the nuances they are just fine. 

• zanygolfer
    3 Posts
    Thu, May 28 2020 7:58 AM

What will happen after 2020 when Microsoft stop using Adobe Flash plug-in? I Do not expext WGT to answer here, but hope they do... maybe some of the users might know?

That's been my wonder as well as others also!! Because every morning my uncle and I get up and have our coffee and play 9 to 18 holes on wgt golf to start our day!! 🤔

• ScottHope
    10,094 Posts
    Thu, May 28 2020 8:23 AM

A quote taken from the FAQ's page.

What are the system requirements to play this game?
    Flash Game:

All major browsers will drop support for Flash at the end of 2020.
    Our Flash app may continue to work for a bit longer as players upgrade.

This begs the question, just how long is "a bit longer".

• Tigerpaw509
    1,285 Posts
    Thu, May 28 2020 8:28 AM

I have played the flash version since 2012 and want nothing to do with playing on a mobile device.I tried the Mac Early Access and wasnt to impressed but after playing it for awhile I prefer it over flash and as a matter of fact quit playing flash.

• MyGime1
    83 Posts
    Thu, May 28 2020 9:09 PM

Like many many people, when flash goes away, so will I

this is why they are adding so many variables to the new version, (that they take your money for), to reduce the impact of so many leavers

talk about shoot yaself in the foot and still think it will generate more revenue

RSS