Forums

Help › Forums

Welcome to WGT

Sun, Jan 14 2024 10:51 AM (2,013 replies)
  • GG2shots
    29 Posts
    Thu, Apr 24 2014 8:17 AM

I have been playing WGT for several days now and enjoy it.  I am a current level 47 PRO with an average round of 76.7.  I have noticed that when I play other members that are lower level or status they still can get much more distance off the tee than I.   I have earned 500 credits since joining WGT.  How do I upgrade for more distance, or can I upgrade? 

• korana
    11 Posts
    Sat, Apr 26 2014 11:47 PM

For the past few days my programme has suddenly started running very slowly and freezing for minutes at time or even having to close and re start the game later. my computer is normal with everything else in terms of speed etc. is anyone else having difficulties? korana

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Sun, Apr 27 2014 12:57 AM

GG2shots:

I have been playing WGT for several days now and enjoy it.  I am a current level 47 PRO with an average round of 76.7.  I have noticed that when I play other members that are lower level or status they still can get much more distance off the tee than I.   I have earned 500 credits since joining WGT.  How do I upgrade for more distance, or can I upgrade? 

Now you are level 49 - notice how fast this goes!

In this game, distance and other characteristics (precision, spin, forgiveness) only come with the equipment, i.e. clubs and balls available in the Pro Shop. In your situation, I propose to start shopping with two short wedges, lvl 38 ATV (2x500 crs) or lvl 41 Ping (2x200 crs). They boost the short game tremendously.

If you are patient enough, the next buy might be the lvl59 G20 set (lvl 59 @88.500 XPs), excluding the hybrid. Instead of that, add a third wedge (e.g. 100 yds).

Add a putter only when you are sure to have practiced enough.

Eventually you might want some better (and slower meter) balls. Start from bottom up - my choice was the Tour-SD then (65 crs per sleeve).

• GG2shots
    29 Posts
    Sun, Apr 27 2014 9:52 PM

Thanks for the info.  I guess I will have to continue to play with what I have unitl I get enough credits to upgrade.  I see a whole lot of surveys and videowatching in my future. LOL

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Sun, Apr 27 2014 11:05 PM

Do as you like.

I decided not to spend my time on lowly payed online activities, I rather invest some real cash to support my leisure.

• kbh1313
    233 Posts
    Tue, Apr 29 2014 6:16 AM

korana:

For the past few days my programme has suddenly started running very slowly and freezing for minutes at time or even having to close and re start the game later. my computer is normal with everything else in terms of speed etc. is anyone else having difficulties? korana

Same issues here.  Using Comodo, have the ABP turned off, but having issues over the past couple days.  Any help would be great!!!

• tatabud
    351 Posts
    Tue, Apr 29 2014 12:09 PM

Hi I purchased 2000 credits but did not receive nike balls.

TAT smilexx

• bighed
    25 Posts
    Fri, May 2 2014 1:17 AM

Hola wgt I just bought 2,000 credits & I never got my FREE NIKE balls you can check my account  & see that I did buy the credits . Please send me the Nike`s... Gracias

• chainsalice
    3 Posts
    Fri, May 2 2014 1:48 PM

hi can I ask question why do  guy take a ball out o play or put a hit meter on the ball some thing we purchase with  money it would be nice if u let us  lose them or play with 4 a while not two times

• markusJAMES11
    14 Posts
    Fri, May 2 2014 10:56 PM

The equipment that you use is very important .Always read what others have said about what your going to purchase.i am at a level 79 and have over time put my the best equipment i can get for me and will not purchase any more.Balls are also important.i cannot even think about playing with cheap balls or free ones now.i would be shooting shots all over the place.I play with the tayor made 9 degree driver and max irons yuo may have to experament a bit with putters.i play the ghost putters, and niki 2011xi slow meter balls.if you have the means to put this combo together,you cannot go wrong.STRAIT AND  LONG.Also remember the higher the, tier the longer the course.Im in year 3 and just reached master.the reason it seems that others are blowit by you is equip.need more info,give me a shout. give me a shout>  gl hf  

RSS