Forums

Help › Forums

Welcome to WGT

Sun, Jan 14 2024 10:51 AM (2,013 replies)
  • Turbothunder
    6 Posts
    Sun, Jan 26 2014 6:44 AM

Hi,  Alex can you explain to me how the tier levels work? I worked my way down to a tour pro with a 71 avg. then all of a sudden I was at 75 then i had it down to 74.5 then it went back up to 75. how does that work?

• cheggers1
    17 Posts
    Wed, Jan 29 2014 2:02 PM

heres a reply .....2 years and 2 months i have been playing this and yes striving for the legend status ok not a problem ....but the last few days the game is freezing like mad and im getting the wgt sorry this game ,,,pls try later statement up .....you really need to sort this out as i have lost 4 games now and its not my fault.....are you taking on to much stuff you cannot handle ???? its the customers that pay for this site so all we ask is to be able to PLAY THE GAME... Thanks

• apearson
    7 Posts
    Mon, Feb 3 2014 5:57 PM

i play many rounds to the finish. the game goes south on me and i leave a couple of games early and i get a yellow flag as a quitter. what is the standard and rule about forfeits and rankings

• xrayjohn39
    4 Posts
    Thu, Feb 6 2014 11:27 PM

Hi.  I bought the hole note book.  I can get it to drop down but I can't write anything on it.

I have a chrome note book and am wondering if that is the problem.

I see you now have the space bar working on my chrome for messages during the game now is fixed.  Thanks for that.  

I do not know where the response to my question will appear.  I can be reached at xrayjohn@aol.com.

Thanks, John

• BoGoRilla
    3 Posts
    Sun, Feb 9 2014 4:21 PM

I'm with you Rick. I started playing WGT about 3 months ago and it is THE golf game of all the golf games. That being said, there seem to always be weird things happening when I play non practice rounds. Maybe it's just me, but an 11 MPH wind from the right means you hit your ball to the right (into the wind) and let the wind carry the ball back to the left. It seems to me that it is totally inconsistant. One time your ball will stay right and next time may only correct a couple of feet. Same thing with putting. I have a swing meter showing distances and when I practice, 15 feet means 15 feet. In regular play, it is almost always long or short. In my practice rounds I ALWAYS set my green speeds to very fast. 

Do I just need to lerarn to play better or does this happen to you or anyone else?

Thanks for listening to an old man gripe. I guess I should be happy that I can still see the screen! LOL....

Bo

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Mon, Feb 10 2014 1:36 AM

Turbothunder:

can you explain to me how the tier levels work? I worked my way down to a tour pro with a 71 avg. then all of a sudden I was at 75 then i had it down to 74.5 then it went back up to 75. how does that work?

Seems you haven't had a reply to this yet, maybe you already found out from someone but just in case.

Every time you change tier your average resets.  No matter what you had previously, if your next round is a 77 then that's your new average.  It will keep going up and down until you reach what is known as saturation.  This is the number of ranked rounds that count towards your average and is different for most tiers.  When your average has saturated it can only go down, never up, until you change tier again.

You're now a tour pro so need 25 ranked rounds as a tour pro for your average to saturate.  Let's say you play your 26th round and hit a 71 and up to that point the worst round was a 78.  That 78 is now dropped from the calculation and replaced by the 71.  Your average will only be made up of the best 25 rounds you've played. 

When you reach the next tier it all starts again.  The scores you posted when in a different tier have no effect, it's only the ones played in your current tier that count.

Thanks to Shrude for this, as far as I know it's accurate:

• When your average score is equal or smaller than 100 you go from Hack to Amateur.
    • When it is equal or smaller than 80 you go from Amateur to Pro.
    • When it is equal or smaller than 72 you go from Pro to Tour Pro
    • When it is equal or smaller than 67 you go from Tour Pro to Master
    • When it is equal or smaller than 63 you go from Master to Tour master
    • When it is equal or smaller than 61 you go from Tour master to legend 
    • When it is equal or smaller than 60 you go from Legend to Tour Legend*

and

• you need to play at least 5 ranked rounds as Hack before reaching Amateur
    • you need to play at least 10 ranked rounds as Amateur before reaching Pro
    • you need to play at least 20 ranked rounds as Pro before reaching Tour pro
    • you need to play at least 25 ranked rounds as Tour pro before reaching Master
    • you need to play at least 40 ranked rounds as Master before reaching Tour Master
    • you need to play at least 50 ranked rounds as Tour Master before reaching Legend
    • You need to play at least 500 ranked rounds as Legend before reaching Tour Legend

Tour legends also need to play 500 ranked rounds for their average to saturate.

Damn, I've made it sound complicated, it really isn't though.

• FutureKobe24
    3 Posts
    Mon, Feb 10 2014 2:02 PM

truuuuuu

• dovers7198
    1 Posts
    Wed, Feb 12 2014 7:16 PM

my space bar still don't work while playing a game can you fix it

• row2seat2
    1,441 Posts
    Thu, Feb 13 2014 10:48 AM

dovers7198:

my space bar still don't work while playing a game can you fix it

Turn off pepper flash on your chrome browser 

• row2seat2
    1,441 Posts
    Thu, Feb 13 2014 10:57 AM

BoGoRilla:

I'm with you Rick. I started playing WGT about 3 months ago and it is THE golf game of all the golf games. That being said, there seem to always be weird things happening when I play non practice rounds. Maybe it's just me, but an 11 MPH wind from the right means you hit your ball to the right (into the wind) and let the wind carry the ball back to the left. It seems to me that it is totally inconsistant. One time your ball will stay right and next time may only correct a couple of feet. Same thing with putting. I have a swing meter showing distances and when I practice, 15 feet means 15 feet. In regular play, it is almost always long or short. In my practice rounds I ALWAYS set my green speeds to very fast. 

Do I just need to lerarn to play better or does this happen to you or anyone else?

Thanks for listening to an old man gripe. I guess I should be happy that I can still see the screen! LOL....

Bo

If your saying in scored games when you putt 15ft it goes 15ft but in practice on VF greens it goes past thats because VF is about 10% faster than F.  On the wind better clubs help practice helps more.

RSS