Forums

Help › Forums

Clash!

Sat, Jul 20 2019 8:56 PM (39 replies)
  • Bushbeater4
    1,400 Posts
    Fri, Jul 12 2019 11:26 AM

It seems this thread has turned into an egg throwing contest instead of sticking with the original post which is that Clash #103 has some big technical problems that are yet to be addressed.  The clash is almost over so it will obviously not get addressed.

I play the game because I enjoy it and I will remain doing so... it just makes it harder to have fun when it is acting up due to programming issues.  

alanti:
    I think the said player is informed......unlike some....it does not take 100+ clashes to work out these events are futile

I will say that I do enjoy my Gold Putter that I won through futility.

• WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Fri, Jul 12 2019 11:36 AM

While we have identified the issue, we would need to literally cancel and restart the clash and at this point that's more trouble than it's worth. 

The issue is with the flag used in the clash. On PC this gives an error that can be bypassed by reloading the window, or exit and relaunch. It's not effecting mobile since mobile will just replace the flag instead of trying to load the broken asset. 

_CHAMPION 

• Bushbeater4
    1,400 Posts
    Fri, Jul 12 2019 11:43 AM

Thanks for getting back to us and letting us know what the issue was Champion.  

Tim

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Fri, Jul 12 2019 12:44 PM

WGTChampion:

While we have identified the issue, we would need to literally cancel and restart the clash and at this point that's more trouble than it's worth. 

The issue is with the flag used in the clash. On PC this gives an error that can be bypassed by reloading the window, or exit and relaunch. It's not effecting mobile since mobile will just replace the flag instead of trying to load the broken asset. 

_CHAMPION 

Yes, I figured that out. Reloading the page fixes it. I was getting an I/O error.

Thank You

• jabonic
    854 Posts
    Fri, Jul 12 2019 4:45 PM

alanti:
    A slow learner.....It only took me one to work out the clashes are a scam, but I will give you the benefit of doubt......you probably thought.....what am I missing here....and the second clash confirmed your initial thoughts.....nothing :)

Alanti, you hit the nail on the head.  BTW thanks for all you do Champion.

• 1969DodgeDartGT
    64 Posts
    Fri, Jul 12 2019 6:57 PM

Clash #103 goes down as the, "worst clash ever" with all the glitches!

Flashing screens, updating while in mid stroke, stuttering swing meter, and not to mention the, "hurricane winds"!!! 

Thinking this is not the way WGT should be encouraging players to participate, but I could be wrong.

(mobile play, new phone...thinking my other one was bad somehow, cleaned cache every new round and still same results) 

I have other comments but all bad so, lets just say WGT has some explaining to do!

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Fri, Jul 12 2019 11:37 PM

Some hours later:

This post reproces itself - now, they were three...

• alosso
    21,037 Posts

Oops - double post!

• alosso
    21,037 Posts

WGTChampion:

_CHAMPION

This is some progress - thanks for the heads-up!

Action should be possible from Monday - let's reset the "looking" counter to Zero.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Mon, Jul 15 2019 12:56 AM

1969DodgeDartGT:
    Clash #103 goes down as the, "worst clash ever"

I refute this.....the other 102 predecessors rivaled this clash....just my opinion.

Bushbeater4:
    I will say that I do enjoy my Gold Putter that I won through futility.

Now that is great news that you enjoy it.....perhaps you will learn how to use it soon too :)

As some top players who have used it have stated, the golden putter attributes clearly are incorrect...so personally, I am happy using an "inferior" putter.....

Edit - For the record, I have no objection to the clashes....in fact I welcome them, as they are a cash cow for the company, and that in turn, assists and aids the development the game - that is a good thing.

RSS