Forums

Help › Forums

*** Downtime tonight 5/28/19 ***

Fri, May 31 2019 2:48 PM (46 replies)
  • Lesthanpar
    1,449 Posts
    Wed, May 29 2019 3:31 AM

I think it would be a good idea for WGT to come out with a new driver at the top end that has an option rather than the same specs as ones previously available. For example a driver that has maybe 5 yards more distance but has much less forgiveness for players who want a risk/reward kind of club. Could do the same kind of thing with iron sets, like  s set that has 5 more yards for each club but much less forgiveness giving players an option for top of the line clubs. I do like the color of the new Spider putters.

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Wed, May 29 2019 4:56 AM

Would have liked a MD 64 wedge, apart from that, nothing interests me.

• DAZZA501
    5,972 Posts
    Wed, May 29 2019 5:43 AM
    I don't know about anyone else but when i go to buy a new driver in real life then i always get the matching 3 wood. So why is the new driver L103 & the matching 3 wood at L84. Makes me not want to buy either.
  • kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Wed, May 29 2019 8:39 AM

I think it we concede that we're never going to get club releases that make the ball go 350 off the tee or let us hit 4i into a highly elevated green with a decent tailwind and stop it on a dime with a 5.0 meter, then we'll be a lot less inclined to post our disappointment when clubs are released.  :)   

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Wed, May 29 2019 5:36 PM

X2 ^     I can't believe what I saw in the pro shop.  The top driver is exactly, the same as my TMR1, nothing of use in the woods and hybrids, or irons, and the top putter isn't as good as my sabertooth.  We waited over a month for this huge disappointment, not withstanding the surprise early clash start! I really hope that wgt isn't paying these programmers top pay.  We all must not be playing a lot of clashs, or they wouldn't have enticed us with a 12 cent discount on passes.  All this is our rewards for the long wait.  Wow looking back at what I just wrote, guess I can't be too disappointed they really put a lot of thought into this latest down time.  Thanks wgt. 

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Wed, May 29 2019 8:11 PM

The best part,   wgt is now collecting taxes on your purchases,  yes taxes,  check it out on ur next pass purchase. 

• K7JBQ
    1,468 Posts
    Wed, May 29 2019 8:32 PM

Which is exactly what they are supposed to do.

Luckystar5:

The best part,   wgt is now collecting taxes on your purchases,  yes taxes,  check it out on ur next pass purchase. 

• TWEDLAKE
    174 Posts
    Thu, May 30 2019 8:05 AM

so once again, I'm seeing all kinds of in your face ads when logging in saying "hey look at all this new equipment" but yet still not a single thing for anyone over level 103.

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Thu, May 30 2019 9:00 AM

Luckystar5:

X2 ^     I can't believe what I saw in the pro shop.  

You might have misunderstood my intent...I'm not blaming WGT for the equipment they choose to release.

I'm thinking all need to lower their expectations.  We're not going to get better equipment than what's considered the best now -- just not gonna happen.

So true, the new TM's aren't better than what a lot have and it makes no sense to buy them.   Did anyone "really" expect that they would be? 

They're not just releasing equipment for the players at Lvl 103+ -- there's a lot more at lower levels who will be eyeing this new equipment.

• K7JBQ
    1,468 Posts
    Thu, May 30 2019 9:23 AM
    At level 103+, what more can you possibly need?
    TWEDLAKE:

so once again, I'm seeing all kinds of in your face ads when logging in saying "hey look at all this new equipment" but yet still not a single thing for anyone over level 103.

RSS