Forums

Help › Forums

*** Downtime tonight 5/28/19 ***

Fri, May 31 2019 2:48 PM (46 replies)
  • el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Thu, May 30 2019 9:39 AM

I agree @kavvz, but if WGT didn't want to boost or enhance the equipment, why did they do so with sponsor apparel?  While the apparel is exempt from the majority of competitive events it is permitted in the clash events, which count as ranked rounds and impact your stats.  With sponsor apparel drivers can be rated for well over 300y, 3 irons over 240y, and 3wd over 260y?

the rationale that WGT wants to keep the equipment dialed back or down while they are also boosting and enhancing the equipment in other areas can give mixed messages.

admittedly, the juiced up sponsor gear can make the game comical at times, so it is understandable why WGT wouldn't introduce even better equipment than already exist.  

that said, there are shortcomings in some of the present choices offered.  I would consider ditching the 3wd  on some courses if a reasonable 5wd or a true hybrid existed that went more than 2y further than the 3iron. 

giving higher level players who already have most of the top level gear more options to pick up extra club or alter what you put in the bag on various courses would actually sell more clubs to those who play on a regular basis and allow for some more creative options when playing different courses.   not doing so, appears to ignore some of the most dedicated and long standing members in the game which in many ways are the backbone of the active playing community....  in my mind, you would want to do something to appeal to them in some way... 

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Thu, May 30 2019 9:44 AM
    What? You don't think that wgt can throw us a bone orsomething, after all, we have been a faithful member, playing alot of games, and spending our money. We don't deserve something new, and maybe a little better? We don't need anything, but it's nice to be acknowledged, for all we have put in to this game, by offering us something a bit better.
  • el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Thu, May 30 2019 9:57 AM

Luckystar5:
    What? You don't think that wgt can throw us a bone orsomething,

not sure if you were responding to me or someone else, but I thought I was pretty straightforward in suggesting --- "you would want to do something to appeal to them in some way "  -- especially given they have already demonstrated a long standing loyalty and willingness to spend thousands of credits/$ on the game.  

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Thu, May 30 2019 10:01 AM
    el3n1:

Luckystar5:
    What? You don't think that wgt can throw us a bone orsomething,

not sure if you were responding to me or someone else, but I thought I was pretty straightforward in suggesting --- "you would want to do something to appeal to them in some way "  -- especially given they have already demonstrated a long standing loyalty and willingness to spend thousands of credits/$ on the game.  

Nope not you, others that dont think we should have anything else.
  • DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Thu, May 30 2019 10:17 AM

kavvz:
    They're not just releasing equipment for the players at Lvl 103+ -- there's a lot more at lower levels who will be eyeing this new equipment.

What exactly?

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Thu, May 30 2019 10:18 AM

andwhy67:

Would have liked a MD 64 wedge, apart from that, nothing interests me.

Yes, but they don't make it. The Cleveland has a much faster meter than the MD, I wish they could offer one with the same meter speed as the Mack Daddys

• el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Thu, May 30 2019 10:52 AM

DonCaron:
    Yes, but they don't make it.

but, yes they do... I researched it at one time and provided links to the images....

there is even a specialty line called the PM grind for Phil Mickelson who carries their wedges and is quite popular for his wedge play, his flop wedge in particular... so it makes no sense for the game not to carry a wedge design and style and loft of one of the most respected wedge players in the game.... 

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Thu, May 30 2019 10:54 AM

DonCaron:
    The Cleveland has a much faster meter than the MD

I know that Don.

I actually have all 3 MD’s and the 4 Clevelands, maybe I should get to grips with the latter but as you say the meter is a bit faster.

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Thu, May 30 2019 1:14 PM

Yep, they make them alright.  Wondering if there's contractual problems with adding it?

WGT could just make a Max Daddy 64 degree.  ;-)

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Thu, May 30 2019 1:26 PM

hpurey:
    WGT could just make a Max Daddy 64 degree.  ;-)

True indeed Hazen, rather than faff about with contractual obligations etc, there is already a ‘Max’ range from WGT, now the get the ‘whizz kids’ in the office to design and spec up a higher tier without contractual obligations etc from major golf manufacturers.

Max blades, there you go!

Oh i think I’ll copywrite that name ;-)

RSS