Help › Forums

*** Downtime tonight 5/28/19 ***

Fri, May 31 2019 2:48 PM (46 replies)
  • kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Thu, May 30 2019 2:03 PM

DodgyPutter:

kavvz:
    They're not just releasing equipment for the players at Lvl 103+ -- there's a lot more at lower levels who will be eyeing this new equipment.

What exactly?

What exactly what?  I think you mean Who exactly...?

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Thu, May 30 2019 2:07 PM

Luckystar5:
    What? You don't think that wgt can throw us a bone orsomething, after all, we have been a faithful member, playing alot of games, and spending our money. We don't deserve something new, and maybe a little better? We don't need anything, but it's nice to be acknowledged, for all we have put in to this game, by offering us something a bit better.

Throw us a bone how?  They could make the M5/6 driver identical to what the TM 103 specs were sure and some might buy it.  Would that be good enough?  Or are you expecting the new M6 to greatly outperform the TM 103?

IMO I think they've maxed out the ability of the equipment.  Imagine the players at the topof the leader boards all the time with even better equipment -- cripes!.  Some complain about scores all the time I can just see it now.

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Thu, May 30 2019 2:14 PM

@el3n1  you make good points Ed.

They're getting whacked out distances with apparel, so why not do something for the PC to get whacked out distances.  

Truthfully, I don't know.  Could they? surely they could but why they don't is anyone's guess.

I suppose if they upped the ante on the equipment all would benefit so in the grand scheme of things not much would change.  53's go to 50's, and the 58's go to 55's -- just an example.

It would all be relative so at the end of the day has anything game play wise changed?  Probably not.  But...they'd have more revenue as no doubt lots would buy those upgraded clubs.

Heck I say open the floodgates then and go full EA Tiger vision style...drive all the par 4's..  ;)

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Thu, May 30 2019 2:22 PM

kavvz:

DodgyPutter:

kavvz:
    They're not just releasing equipment for the players at Lvl 103+ -- there's a lot more at lower levels who will be eyeing this new equipment.

What exactly?

No, I mean exactly what new piece of equipment is an example of  what those at lower levels will be eyeing.

• el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Thu, May 30 2019 3:02 PM

kavvz:
    Heck I say open the floodgates then and go full EA Tiger vision style...drive all the par 4's..  ;)

I wasn't lobbying for or advocating unlimited clubs... I was suggesting WGT is already permitting it to happen on the mobile platform... I referred to it as "comical" not something I would encourage.

actually, what I was suggesting would not really alter how the game is played or the scored... it would simply give players more options to consider in how they put their bag together.  

offering a 5wd that is shorter than the 3wd but more reliable, since many regard the 3wd as a rather finnicky club... would give players a choice between sacrificing a few yards for a more reliable club potentially in a 5wd.  

as it stands now, there is very little reason for anyone to consider anything other than the norm. again, I am not advocating unlimited club and driving greens... it turns many courses into red tee like events....

so I am agreeing with you while trying to clarify the "options" I was suggesting would still fall within the confines of the current club limitations while providing reasonable options rather than something like a hybrid that is only 2y longer than a 3iron.  let's get real, that is a no brainer for most.... ditch the hybrid grab an extra wedge.

• BOZskills
    392 Posts
    Thu, May 30 2019 3:21 PM

I agree with the whacked out apparel enhancements. I think it preverts the game. I know this is off thread,but some apparel enhancements make sense. Spikes in real life help,a glove ditto,even a hat. But when wearing a certain shirt or pants or jock lets your driver go 20yards further or even worse allows one to hit out of the rough easier,then there is no penalty for missing the fw or more to the point,reward for hitting the fw! I play strictly mobile and it can be a little silly at times. A girl asked me why she was out driving me on every hole,i said its the sexy outfit your av is wearing! She was oh of course,lol.

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Thu, May 30 2019 4:18 PM

DodgyPutter:

kavvz:

DodgyPutter:

kavvz:

What exactly?

No, I mean exactly what new piece of equipment is an example of  what those at lower levels will be eyeing.

Any of the new Taylor Made equipment available at lower levels.

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Thu, May 30 2019 4:30 PM

el3n1:

kavvz:

I wasn't lobbying for or advocating unlimited clubs... I was suggesting WGT is already permitting it to happen on the mobile platform... I referred to it as "comical" not something I would encourage.

actually, what I was suggesting would not really alter how the game is played or the scored... it would simply give players more options to consider in how they put their bag together.  

offering a 5wd that is shorter than the 3wd but more reliable, since many regard the 3wd as a rather finnicky club... would give players a choice between sacrificing a few yards for a more reliable club potentially in a 5wd.  

as it stands now, there is very little reason for anyone to consider anything other than the norm. again, I am not advocating unlimited club and driving greens... it turns many courses into red tee like events....

so I am agreeing with you while trying to clarify the "options" I was suggesting would still fall within the confines of the current club limitations while providing reasonable options rather than something like a hybrid that is only 2y longer than a 3iron.  let's get real, that is a no brainer for most.... ditch the hybrid grab an extra wedge.

I see and hear what you're saying.

But giving more options in the bag has been talked about and beat to death around here.

Another example of what you're saying -- I'd ditch the PW for a 52 if I could in a heartbeat, who wouldn't.  

WGT is either unwilling for whatever their reasons are, or the game doesn't allow this to be done easily.  They are not incapable of making this happen, there are just other reasons why it can't or hasn't yet. 

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Fri, May 31 2019 4:11 AM

kavvz:
    Any of the new Taylor Made equipment available at lower levels.

There aren't any, all the "new" clubs are direct replacements for something that's been taken away.  There id usually one change.  A few examples:

New L69 Driver

But now they can't buy the L69 TM M2 that had exactly the same attributes but cost 100 credits less.

New L9  TM M6 Hybrid

But now they can't buy the L9 TM M6 Hybrid that had exactly the same attributes but cost 120 credits less.

TM M5 Iron set (L64)

But now they can't buy the Callaway Rogue pro iron set that had exactly the same attributes but cost 70 credits less.

New L77 TM putter

But now you can't buy the L77 red spider Putter that had exactly the same attributes but cost 495 credits less.

So what I wondered was could you show me a really new piece of equipment; one that didn't have one with exactly the same attributes similtaniously removed.   I don't think there has been a single genuinely new club added (at any level) in this whole proccess, just some rebranding and price hikes.

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Fri, May 31 2019 4:43 AM

By that logic, after the 1st club was added back when WGT became WGT, there really hasn't been anything new added ever.

I don't need to tell ya, but maybe I do... they are virtual clubs there's no re-inventing taking place. 

What would be something you'd consider really new?  Something added with completely different attributes perhaps..

Then I'd ask is there *really* a difference between removing something, slapping a new skin on it and adding it vs. slapping a new skin on it, changing a variable or 2, and adding it?

RSS