Forums

Help › Forums

*WGT LIVE EVENT IN DENMARK*

Sat, Jun 15 2019 9:31 PM (116 replies)
  • Yiannis1970
    3,270 Posts
    Tue, May 28 2019 9:29 AM

frenchconnect:

First off, I would like to thank DreamHack for putting together this first European eTour event in Denmark. A lot of time and energy went into making it, and it was such an honor for me to just even be involved. I would also like to thank all of the guys on the crew, and the hosts (Kasper, Dennis, Simon, Mark, Sam, just to name a few) for working tirelessly to put this event together. It took a lot of us by surprise with how professional they all were at doing their jobs, and it exceeded all of my expectations. I'd like to thank the entire wgt community and to all the viewers for the support. I would also like to thank WGT for creating such an amazing game, as none of this would have been possible without it!

For me, this really was an experience of a lifetime, as I have never traveled outside of North America before. It was really cool to visit another country and see and learn all of the differences and similarities between the cultures. It was very eye opening to see the different ways the world can work.

And with the tournament being centered at a real golf course, during a professional European Tour Event, was just another bonus. I am such a big fan of real golf, which is what got me into playing this game. So I was soaking up every moment of the entire week and taking nothing for granted.

Getting to meet and hang out with all of these top wgt players was also really cool too. It was nice to put a name and face on all of these guys, and I couldn't believe how well we all got along. By the end of the trip, it felt like we were all best friends.

A huge congratulations to Fmagents for winning the tournament! And also a big congrats to all the rest of the guys for competing their hearts out. No one wanted to lose, but I think we all handled ourselves with dignity and showed what this game is really all about.

At the end of the day, this game is about enjoying your time with others and having fun. And I think that's exactly what we got here. I really believe this event was a success, and I look forward to hopefully seeing more of these competitions in the future!

Thank you all very much!

Jon

I second every word that Jon posted. This whole tournament was a mind blowing. There are so many things to be said about but bottom line is that at the end all that matters is the final score. So, for me it's a simple and honest 10/10.

Congrats to all who worked hours and hours for this event. I hope WGT can see and aknowledge the huge success of this event and embrace the whole try in order to have similar events in the future. I believe that's the most important thing.

I would like to give my congrats to a great player like magnets, who proved once again why he's No1 in this play. (tbh, even if he had lost this tournament, he would be still No1 in this game imo)

I would like to thank and greet Jon, Seb, Jacob, Simon, Peyton, Jo and wish them all the best for the future.

A bientot folks, cheers all!!

• jason01291
    411 Posts
    Tue, May 28 2019 9:51 AM

It's fun to watch but yeah just saying would be fun to involve the Mobile platform players too in future

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Tue, May 28 2019 11:42 AM

AgentBrown123:
    Joe Maverick in my eyes is the all time great. If you consider those who can figure out the math and develop a software program to automatically show numbers,

Was he invited?

If not then maybe thats the reason why.

AgentBrown123:
    I would love to play fmagnets head on with no aids in a setting like this. I think I would win honestly. I've never used any kind of aids besides a calculator, all I need is a mouse a monitor and windows.

Well Im sure I saw fmagnets using just a calculator…..

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Tue, May 28 2019 12:29 PM

AgentBrown123:
    However if you look at every year the leaderboard, fmagnets has beat me once in vuso, and has never won?

Sorry but I've no idea why you'd say that, I only looked back to 2013 as he wont have played it before then.

2013 AgentBrown123 2nd  Fmagnets 13th

2014 AgentBrown123 15th  Fmagnets 2nd

2015 AgentBrown123 (?)    Fmagnets 5th

2016 AgentBrown123 7th    Fmagnets 3rd

2017 AgentBrown123 4th  Fmagnets 5th

2018 AgentBrown123 16th  Fmagnets 4th

I'd say Mags record is extrodinary, in the top 5 for the last five years.  I'm sure he'd love to win one and he certainly deserves to.

Sorry if there are any mistakes, I did this quickly, but I'd bet heavily on him having finished ahead of you more than once. 

• xxDannyxxo
    197 Posts
    Tue, May 28 2019 12:46 PM

1Stly VuSO is 1 thing, this tournament was another for starters theres not as much pressure playing single player games its totally different (in my opinion) playing M/P games ok the maths will still be the same.

& even if you did finish higher than Mags in VUSOS

that does not make you the better player or mean you can beat him.

i love how certain bigeads think they are always better than the best

what this tournament did show to me is how good these guys play without having to look at a spreadsheet or other programs just a calc so hats off to participants

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Wed, May 29 2019 1:46 PM

As the first edit is addressed to me I feel I should respond to it, which is a pity as I think the second one was resonable.

AgentBrown123:
    Ok, so since fmagnets didn't place before 2013, that's doesn't count but me not playing in 2015 does somehow? At best in the last 10 years we're all square in placement, but you are accurate in that it wasn't just once.

Hard to know where to start with this so a few instant thoughts.

This was about you saying Mags had only been ahead of you once, I found four occasions in the years I did look at, so why would looking at more make a difference?

I don't know if you placed in any before 2013, I had a quick look now and didn't see you figure prominently.

The main difference is Mags joined the game in Sept 2012 so couldn't have participated before 2013.  I have no idea what happened with you in 2015, I didn't check beyond the first page of the leaderboard.

AgentBrown123:
    Most would consider my 2nd place finish in the 2013 vuso as a win at merion. I was given the trip and was given credit for the earnings on stats. Years prior if you weren't  eligible you were deleted from leaderboard.

Yes you won the prize in 2013 but you didn't finish with the lowest score so I don't think that's finishing first.

You also said 

AgentBrown123:
    Yet only one has won a Vuso out of your list? Joe Maverick in my eyes is the all time great

In your eyes has Joe won two vuso's? wgt credit him with the earnings but he didn't get the prize either time as he wasn't deemed eligable. I believe Woodoworkery was offered the prize for one of them but refused it, has he then won (or refused) a vuso? 

What you were doing with this was supposedly showing where Mags was weakest, you may be right but then that shows just how far ahead he is overall.  In the top 5 for the last 5 years in his weakest event!  Again I've not checked this but I'd be confident, that's by far the best average finishing position anyone (that has played all or most of them) has in that period. 

The only other time he's been able to enter, and the only time you finished ahead of him by a significant margin, was after less than a year of playing this game while you had been playing almost three. A significant edge in experience, I'm sure you'd agree.

I don't know why you don't seem to like what Mags does, I think, he plays the game the same way as you do.  I've watched quite a few "top" players play and he's much the easiest on the eye; no charts or rulers over the screen or turning to other ones for spreadsheets, no anything except playing the game at a good pace.

You are a really good player too, I wish I was nearly as good, and I imagine you could beat anyone on your day.  It just makes it seem all the more unneccesary.

As I said the second edit seemed much more reasonable to me and I would have liked to see you in Denmark, certainly would have been interesting :-)  I could make guesses as to why you weren't asked but that seems pointless as they'd be just that.

One thing I didn't agree with in there and where I started with all this: 

AgentBrown123:
    I simply disagreed with someone's post and gave reasons for why.

You didn't; you made up reasons with a massively untrue claim, whether accidental or deliberate, about your relative finishing positions.

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Wed, May 29 2019 2:10 PM

The media company hosting this event had a nice crowd of spectators including onlooking pro golfers from the European circuit and heaven knows how many on twitch, youtube etc etc . Pretty sure as a prerequisite they will have asked WGT for 8 top players , along with a  guaranteee the 8 would not get into heated debates on or off air.

Any company worth their salt would be wary of any issues arising, unless.......

"stay tuned cos after the break the 8 contestants now try their hand at mud wrestling".

• AgentBrown123
    907 Posts
    Wed, May 29 2019 3:04 PM

DodgyPutter:

You didn't; you made up reasons with a massively untrue claim, whether accidental or deliberate, about your relative finishing positions.

Dodgy, I stated my opinion, which is not popular among some, I've had many say they agree with my stance. You are entitled to your viewpoint however. They certainly are not massively untrue claims I've made as the very thing I'm stating happened to stonecoldkiller whether it be the previous year or the one before where he won, I don't remember. Someone finished ahead of him and since he wasn't eligible the title was awarded to him and the 1st finisher deleted from leaderboard. So to say I'm making massively untrue claims is a bit far fetched in its own merit. It's pretty reasonable considering the same thing happened to me yet, the opposite was decided in the end as far is giving me title. So I would think you would get that but it appears you're just ignoring this fact? No worries

As far as the JoeMaverick finish goes. Yes I think after it was established that even if you aren't eligible you can win the title, you should now be awarded the title. As it was at that time, you were deleted from leaderboard if not eligible. There was nothing communicated to say any different before the 2013 open. So I was the guinea pig per say for this new way of going about it. That's why the guy switched his flag around right before the open started in 2013. Everyone knew if you weren't eligible you were taken off at the point in time.

DodgyPutter:

I don't know why you don't seem to like what Mags does, I think, he plays the game the same way as you do.  I've watched quite a few "top" players play and he's much the easiest on the eye; no charts or rulers over the screen or turning to other ones for spreadsheets, no anything except playing the game at a good pace.

I'm actually okay with fmagnets. I have the bad boy image so why not go along with it at this point? And it makes it more interesting, I kind of like being rooted against and proving people wrong. It's a sort of fuel if you want to call it and It actually makes me more focused.

DodgyPutter:

The only other time he's been able to enter, and the only time you finished ahead of him by a significant margin, was after less than a year of playing this game while you had been playing almost three. A significant edge in experience, I'm sure you'd agree.

well, I actually started at the end of 2010. I played for 6 months and then took 6 months off. I didn't really start playing much until basically mid 2012 and I had very few rounds compared to those you would consider 'experienced players' at the time. Think I was level 96 with about 750 rounds at most at the time of the 2013 vuso.

I didn't participate at the 2015 open. I wasn't playing at the time.

Anyway, thanks for the reply and words. Hope to see you up high on the leaderboard soon so I can start talking crap to you as well :P

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Wed, May 29 2019 3:50 PM

Well, this thread sure derailed into something stupid.

RSS