Forums

Help › Forums

*WGT LIVE EVENT IN DENMARK*

Sat, Jun 15 2019 9:31 PM (116 replies)
  • bigbluedonkey
    59 Posts
    Sat, May 25 2019 5:19 AM

The 45sec timer would kill me. I'm surprised they didn't offer the players an option of timers. Or maybe they did & everyone just agreed on the 45secs.

Think on paper Mags should win it, but I think WaLk0fLiFe is definitely the player to have a sneaky outside bet on. 

BBD

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Sat, May 25 2019 5:34 AM

You're not getting a bet on it now :-/

• HackWilson1930
    1,437 Posts
    Sat, May 25 2019 5:38 AM

In my eyes this tournament was a splendid success for something that was almost put together on the fly. Like many of us highly invested in WGT play, I saw this event as a way of showing off WGT play at its best. 

The weakness came about because the commentators had little or no time to really prep for their presentation. Had they both put in a few hours of WGT game play there would have been marked improvement. (What is a ding?)  When frenchconnect joined them as the WGT color analyst the whole presentation improved. In any future DreamHacks/WGT  live event a  WGT expert should be employed as a color analyst.

This is a great way to showcase WGT. I hope to see more of these kinds of events in the future.

And to come up with eight outstanding representatives on such short notice speaks well of the WGT community. Congratulations to fmagnets for his win and to the other 7 for such a fine tournament.

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Sat, May 25 2019 6:25 AM

I thought it came across very well too and there was a marked improvement, from day 1 to day 2, in the commentators knowledge. They had obviously been talking to the players and showed more understanding of the personalities too.

If they do continue with these I think thay'd keep it the same, using the players sometimes, as the presenters are almost as important as the content for these shows. It is a dreamcast presentation centered on wgt not a wgt championship.

I'd also fear for all the ideas about how players could earn selection to this, through a competition or whatever. Why would Dreamcast want to change the characters involved and take a chance on new ones?  I'd see them keeping the core, at least, of the people they now know.

I'm not saying that's right or even correct, it's just what occurred to me watching and listening.

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Sat, May 25 2019 6:58 AM

I thought the commentators did just fine considering they knew nothing about WGT.  One knew golf, and the other knew gaming. 

Adding a WGT knowledgeable colour did help though.

He talked about dings... don't we put a high value on dings most of the time?  Top players ding rates aren't through the roof so when we ding, its important -- most of the time.

• AgentBrown123
    907 Posts
    Sat, May 25 2019 7:59 AM
    lol! agentbrown77 was not me in the chat btw. apparently I have an imposter lmao
  • birchi
    1,492 Posts
    Sat, May 25 2019 10:32 AM

Thanks to everyone involved in organising this tournament. It was an amazing experience, everything was perfectly prepared and executed. Luckily we were able to shoot some good scores, even though the setup was quite different to what everyone was used to. Even bigger thanks to Jo for holing out on the 16th, I would have hated to be on the wrong end of one of mags' insane performances. 

Hope everyone had fun watching the streams, I definitely enjoyed reading the comments on Twitch during the matches. 

• Ezzy123450
    209 Posts
    Sat, May 25 2019 12:14 PM

Hi all,

I was asked by Mr. AB to come on this forum and let people know it was not him making comments.  Someone out there pretended to be him (AgentBrown) ...

Cheers,

Ezzy

• Cleworthy
    3,466 Posts
    Sat, May 25 2019 12:15 PM

I was watching the European tour event on Golf Channel this morning and was surprised and happy to see fmagnets in the booth with the commentators. Pretty cool to hear him answering questions about WGT from the great Sam Torrance. Great exposure for WGT, well done to everyone involved.

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Sat, May 25 2019 1:23 PM

Cleworthy:

I was watching the European tour event on Golf Channel this morning and was surprised and happy to see fmagnets in the booth with the commentators. Pretty cool to hear him answering questions about WGT from the great Sam Torrance. Great exposure for WGT, well done to everyone involved.

Hey that's cool  :2 thumbs up:

RSS