Help › Forums

Meter crap

rated by 0 users
Sun, Apr 7 2019 1:09 PM (53 replies)
  • mbcarp99
    1,078 Posts
    Tue, Apr 2 2019 12:04 PM

Robert1893:
    DodgyPutter"]You sounded pompous, so no ;-))

Winky face, he must be kidding also 

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Tue, Apr 2 2019 12:56 PM

mbcarp99:

Robert1893:
    DodgyPutter"]You sounded pompous, so no ;-))

Winky face, he must be kidding also 

:-)

Sorry Robert I've not read the book or watched the movie.

By the way, according to Word, it's 802 words. :-)

Thanks, is that longer than a metre?

I know you don't like me, but jeez...

I certainly don't dislike you, I actualy like how you can debate without resorting to name calling etc. 

• fmagnets
    3,638 Posts
    Tue, Apr 2 2019 2:12 PM

You haven't seen the Princess Bride, Alan? For goodness sake man, what are you doing with your life? :-)

• Robert1893
    7,673 Posts
    Tue, Apr 2 2019 2:14 PM

@DodgyPutter

Thanks for the very gracious response. I very much appreciate it. 

• Robert1893
    7,673 Posts
    Tue, Apr 2 2019 2:15 PM

fmagnets:

You haven't seen the Princess Bride, Alan? For goodness sake man, what are you doing with your life? :-)

Exactly! :-) 

Around our house, it's probably the most quoted movie. 

• sunrisegolfnut
    106 Posts
    Tue, Apr 2 2019 2:51 PM

EasyEdward:
    For more information you could always READ THIS Abstract of a Paper written last year...

Holy Cow it does exist.  I knew it did.  Now I change every 2 days instead of 3.  

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Tue, Apr 2 2019 3:26 PM

fmagnets:

Funny you should ask ;-)

Sadly I did check it just in case I had seen it and noticed it was 47th on C4's list of 50 greatest comedy films, ahead of The Producers?!  Then I also puzzled over Groundhog Day and Waynes World ahead of the likes of Gregorys Girl, The Full Monty and The Odd Couple.  The Blues Brothers only 39!  At least The Meaning of Life and Airplane were 1 and 2.

Then I thought I should really learn to pitch one day and went out for a Ciggiie.  A full life :-))

• thesupernova
    7,331 Posts
    Tue, Apr 2 2019 3:40 PM

DoctorLarry:

CFoley6:

Can WGT stop ripping us off with the BS speed manipulation with the meters. FFS its so obvious depending on the shot. Be fair, were payin for this ***!

You posted in the wrong subforum - this is addressed in multiple previous posts in more appropriate forums.

BTW - 99.99999999% of meter problems are on the user end due to changes in Flash or the browser or other things going on locally on the user device.

yes and also available gigs of Ram .WGT say I believe a minimum of 3 gigs.I have 8 gigs and experience no meter hops.Having that available room for spikes is important in wgt.gameplay

Also having  WGT game only ( no profile page either) no other windows open,is advised .Shouldn't experience many spikes .

Doc is 100% correct,meter issues are at your PC

• EasyEdward
    13,499 Posts
    Tue, Apr 2 2019 4:13 PM

Robert1893:

First, I included a winkie face to indicate I'm kidding. Second, that quote is from the Princess Bride, which is one of the funniest movies of all time. And third, ed and I are friends. It was good-natured kidding between friends. 

By the way, according to Word, it's 802 words. :-)

First I know Robert was kidding me because we are friends - heck with the smiley face - did not even need that.

Now the problem I faced here was that it HAD to be long - otherwise one would have seen the punch line when they first opened the post....

However, I bet I could find an abstract the was 803+ words but then what do I need with more WGT G12S balls????

Oh and a PS to Robert - here is something I found from an expert:

= = = = =

1st Jan, 2019
    Hassaan Tohid
    California Institute of Behavioral Neurosciences and Psychology and UC Davis
    There are three four kinds of abstracts.

Informative abstract- 200 to 250
    words

Descriptive Abstract- 100-150 words

Critical abstract- 400 to 600 words.

April Fool's Day Abstract 800 - 950 words

You may refer to my book on “Abstract Writing Made Simple”
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Apr 2 2019 4:39 PM

EasyEdward:

Descriptive Abstract- 100-150 words
    Critical abstract- 400 to 600 words.