Help › Forums

Not getting credits after buying through offers

rated by 0 users
Mon, Feb 25 2019 11:18 AM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • HackWilson1930
    1,437 Posts
    Sat, Feb 23 2019 12:25 PM

Just because the reward is WGT credits does not mean that WGT is backing the offer. The vendor could have some kind of agreement to make a bulk purchase of credits, gave out what they purchased or created additional obligations, and continued the ad without additional credit purchases. The only guarantee is that WGT got paid to run the ad. Likewise, there are all sorts of fine print details that must be met. The bottom line is that the buyer needs to beware because this is the internet with little or no police protection.

• Robert1893
    7,673 Posts
    Sat, Feb 23 2019 1:41 PM

HackWilson1930:
    Just because the reward is WGT credits does not mean that WGT is backing the offer.

If it appears on their website, then they are (implicitly) "backing the offer." But. now, we're getting into pedantic territory.

The bottom line is this: (a) it's not as straightforward as a commercial on TV, and (b) it is a customer service issue for WGT. Even if "a" were not true, "b" remains true. 

Good customers service sometimes requires the person or company to take on responsibilities they may not legally or ethically be required to take on. That's also the "cost of doing business." 

• CurtPick
    15 Posts
    Sat, Feb 23 2019 9:50 PM

Everyone can cool down. They took care of the issue the next day. I thought the service was pretty damned good. Let's all go back and play some golf. Have fun out there.

• garyk49
    2,314 Posts
    Mon, Feb 25 2019 10:41 AM

CurtPick:

Everyone can cool down. They took care of the issue the next day. I thought the service was pretty damned good. Let's all go back and play some golf. Have fun out there.

Whoa, you posted about this problem on 2/13, people tried to help and/or give you information, and then you come on here on the 23rd and tell everyone to calm down, that  it was taken care of on the 14th. 

Good luck the next time you have a question, or need information.

• Robert1893
    7,673 Posts
    Mon, Feb 25 2019 11:18 AM

CurtPick:

Have to agree with Gary. 

I don't think anyone needed to "cool down." That's especially so since no one was "hot" about it. 

Nevertheless, thank you, oh zen master. Your words of wisdom have truly been life altering. 

• PAGES
RSS