Forums

Help › Forums

range

Mon, Jan 28 2019 7:37 PM (45 replies)
  • Robert1893
    7,678 Posts
    Wed, Jan 23 2019 5:37 AM

kavvz:

Disagree.  I think it's need outweighs the nicety of it.  

They obviously felt the "need" to allow us to practice putting and will you look at that, there's no fee either.  Logical extension is to allow us to practice hitting.  I know, it's crazy. 

Speaking of nonsense, "it's need outweighs the nicety of it"?

I don't even know what that means. They're both arguments for having it. Regardless, how often do you (or did you) use the practice putting green?

Yes, it's a logical extension. I seriously think anyone would argue differently. But do even know how often the practice putting green is used? Since it was introduced, I've hardly heard anyone even talk about it.

Sure, simply because people don't talk about it doesn't mean they're not using it. Intuitively, however, I doubt it's used all that much. 

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Wed, Jan 23 2019 6:01 AM

Robert1893:

kavvz:

Disagree.  I think it's need outweighs the nicety of it.  

They obviously felt the "need" to allow us to practice putting and will you look at that, there's no fee either.  Logical extension is to allow us to practice hitting.  I know, it's crazy. 

Speaking of nonsense, "it's need outweighs the nicety of it"?

I don't even know what that means. They're both arguments for having it.

If you don't understand what I"m saying there, then sorry can't help you.

Robert1893:

Regardless, how often do you (or did you) use the practice putting green?

I used it to test out and tweak the JC Sneed method of putting.  It was very useful.  Do I use it regularly now?  No, but that's irrelevant. 

Robert1893:

Yes, it's a logical extension. I seriously think anyone would argue differently.

Don't hold your breathe there. 

Robert1893:

But do even know how often the practice putting green is used? Since it was introduced, I've hardly heard anyone even talk about it.

No, do you?  Doesn't matter anyway it's irrelevant as well.  

Robert1893:

Intuitively, however, I doubt it's used all that much. 

It it used all the time by a large portion of the player base?  Probably not, but...they ADDED IT TO THE GAME.  Can we agree on that?   Think about why they might have done that and perhaps we can stop going back and forth for the sake of it. 

• TopShelf2010
    10,881 Posts
    Wed, Jan 23 2019 6:23 AM

• SidersBest
    873 Posts
    Wed, Jan 23 2019 6:31 AM

Definition of driving range. : an area equipped with distance markers, clubs, balls, and tees for practicing golf shots.
    Sometimes I think that we argue for argument sake in these forums and that's fun and frustrating at times. 
    However, for those who are serious and would like to improve their game wheather using the ROCK as you would at a [for pay] driving range or using your perfered ball [with mulligan feature] try ScottHope's "Play One Hole" on his profile page.
    You'll be able to see your Carry and Roll, and the % in which you hit your shot. There may be some work involved - setting up your mapping tool, and writing in your Course Notebook.
    And trust me, Scott won't get mad at you if you bought him  a sleeve or 2 of his favorite.

I'll make you a PROMISE: For every ROCK you use or loose, WGT will replace free of charge, and for an extra bonus -they won't charge you for Mulligans when you use the ROCK for driving or putting.
    Happy Hitting
    Siders Best
    PS: you can even buy a pass if you want to!

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Wed, Jan 23 2019 7:12 AM

TopShelf2010:

kavvz:

TopShelf2010:

I would like to see the same "mulligan" affect put into place. Meaning, the same balls hits are subtracted while using this Driving Range just like when using the Mulligan in practice.

Why would you like that?  

I would like that indeed. Or even better as I also suggested in that reply, that I would like to see a Range were you have to purchase a Pass in order to use.

There has to be a way for a business like this to make money. Whether it is through ball usage (ie: like the mulligan feature) or through a straight up purchase.

Don

I get it businesses need to make money.  Thanks again for that.

I still don't get why YOU would like that?    Wouldn't you prefer that a hit on a would be practice tee = 1 hit?  

You know, kinda like the putting green.  The very same putting green that they added to the game and a practice putt = 1 ball hit.  

Call me crazy again, but I think I'd prefer that.  

• Robert1893
    7,678 Posts
    Wed, Jan 23 2019 7:58 AM

kavvz:
    If you don't understand what I"m saying there, then sorry can't help you.

Well, if you can't explain your own words, then I suppose you're correct. You can't help me. :-)

kavvz:
    No, do you?  Doesn't matter anyway it's irrelevant as well. 

No, I don't use it. Never really did. But it is relevant. It demonstrates that... wait for it...

it's not really needed. :-) 

And neither is a driving range, as it has been suggested. Now, if they set up the following way, it would be great and needed.

What they should do is set up a driving on a fee basis. It could be so many hits. Or x amount of time in the driving range. But rather than using one's own clubs, the driving range has a variety of drivers and iron sets that a player could try out. 

Now, I'm not sure how they would set it up with respect to levels. In other words, is it best to restrict the clubs available in the range to the player's level or below or should the player have access to all the clubs?

I'd would set it up the second way. Make a variety of drivers available from a number of different levels. Player pays a fee and can then go in and play a bunch of different clubs. The problem is that it would cut into their rental revenue. 

Still, they could structure it in a way that could be beneficial to both WGT and the player. 

• Robert1893
    7,678 Posts
    Wed, Jan 23 2019 8:00 AM

kavvz:
    Call me crazy

OK, I'll help you with that.

You're crazy! 😊

By the way, I think you're taking all of this a bit too seriously. 

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Wed, Jan 23 2019 8:13 AM

Robert1893:

No, I don't use it. Never really did. But it is relevant. It demonstrates that... wait for it...

it's not really needed. :-) 

The fact that you don't use it, or that I don't use it regularly doesn't demonstrate at all that it's not needed.

Let me ask you this.  Why do you think they added the putting green?  

Also, I'll suggest to you and your cohorts that you leave the worrying about making money to WGT.  Apparently that's a thing for them.

Just concentrate on talking about the features you'd like to see as I've been trying to do -- only to be told yeah but business, need money, won't fly. 

• Robert1893
    7,678 Posts
    Wed, Jan 23 2019 8:33 AM

kavvz:
    Let me ask you this.  Why do you think they added the putting green?  

I think they added it because people asked for it. But again, that still doesn't mean players needed it. I don't think players need a practice green. 

And players have been asking for a driving range for a long time. Again, no one disputes that. Well, at least I don't dispute. 

But just because people ask for something doesn't mean it's really needed. 

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Wed, Jan 23 2019 10:11 AM

Thankfully WGT doesn't blindly add or discount features of the game based on small sample sized needs.  

RSS